Any Questions For Your Trip To Dublin? - Page 18 - Republic of Ireland v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Any Questions For Your Trip To Dublin?

• Replies 825
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Temple Bar Inn. Will have a look how far the nearest bus stop is to it. To be honest the cost isn't a factor it's more getting to the hotel and the out quickly. Thanks for info.

The number 16 bus (WWW.DubinBus.ie) leaves the airport and will drop ye literally right beside Temple Bar , it will also depart right beside there and drop ye to the Airport.....price is about 3.30 eur

Ye can also use these guys - who will do the exact same as above but as its more comfortable travel..it costs about 6 eur each way

http://www.aircoach.ie/

Equally ye may find a taxi just as handy .....but good to know all your options!

Dont get me wrong mate - if ye head out in T.B , im sure ye will have a good time. I often Drink in the "Quays" bar in T.B.....and always have a good laugh.

The reason i am so anti - T.B is the price of drink there...............SCANDALOUS!!!!!

PLUS there are 100's of better boozers in Dublin.

Dont worry lad - even though ye are close to it, ye are also in the city centre........LOADS of other boozers nearby so ye can stay out of T.B if thats what ye want

Ye are close to O'Connell St, Dame St, Nassau St, Baggot St, Georges St , Wexford st ,and many more locations which have great boozers.

Great thing about Dublin is that it has loads of great bars all within Walking distance to each other....ye wont be left short

Never eaten in their mate, but have had the "odd" pint in there....not somewhere i frequent often tbh

But the Inn itself is nice and i can imagine their food being good , especially considering their location (Nassau St) , which is city centre and wud appeal to tourists...so good food would be a priority im sure

As for the nightclub - been over a decade since i was in that .So cant really comment.

Im sure its fine.....worst case scenario....as i said to Angus, ye will have a 100 other options of places to go all within walking distance or short cab ride

Thanks for this mate. First trip to Dublin for me so I'm sure we will have a ball either way. Can't wait now :)

The number 16 bus (WWW.DubinBus.ie) leaves the airport and will drop ye literally right beside Temple Bar , it will also depart right beside there and drop ye to the Airport.....price is about 3.30 eur

Ye can also use these guys - who will do the exact same as above but as its more comfortable travel..it costs about 6 eur each way

http://www.aircoach.ie/

Equally ye may find a taxi just as handy .....but good to know all your options!

I'd advise against the No 16. Could take anything up an hour to get into City centre.

Aircoach nice and quick but if your in a group then taxi would work out not much extra per head..

Mates have booked the Egali Hostel on Parnell Street.

I think from what Green Tide was saying earlier, that's probably not in the best location :oops:

Parnell Street is grand.....not as nice as the other areas mentioned...but there will be no issues for ye. Right beside O'Connell Street (Dublins Main Street) and only a short walk into all the other areas mentioned.

No shortage of pubs around the Parnell area either

Ye will be fine staying there so dont worry :)

Dont head out up in the DCU area........theres a few bars.....but your better travelling to the city centre .....thats where the craic will be

No need to book a taxi at airport.....depending on how many of ye there will be ......there will be loads of taxis waiting outside arrivals.....if ye have a very large group then there are numerous very good bus services which will take ye into the city and beyond if required....these buses all depart regulary, so ye wont be waiting around

Thanks mate.

Parnell Street is grand.....not as nice as the other areas mentioned...but there will be no issues for ye. Right beside O'Connell Street (Dublins Main Street) and only a short walk into all the other areas mentioned.

No shortage of pubs around the Parnell area either

Ye will be fine staying there so dont worry :)

Cheers mate :ok:

Hello folks , looking forward to being in Dublin again .

I have a question , I'm gonna book Dublin Aircoach from airport . Good price and runs 24hrs , our flight back early sun morning ,

Which stop should I book to ?

Grafton St , Kildare St , or o ' Connell St . Last time in Dublin in 2011 , drank between centre and Aviva .

Any help appreciated .

I have a question , I'm gonna book Dublin Aircoach from airport . Good price and runs 24hrs , our flight back early sun morning ,

Grafton St , Kildare St , or o ' Connell St . Last time in Dublin in 2011 , drank between centre and Aviva .

Any help appreciated .

Depends where your hotel is.

We always jump off at O'Connell Street and if the weather is nice walk down to Temple bar and then on to our hotel in Exchequer St.

If you are nearer to the ground (near the pubs you were drinking in last time) I recon you want Kildare St (just looking at Google maps).

J

Edited by Bristolhibby

Depends where your hotel is.

We always jump off at O'Connell Street and if the weather is nice walk down to Temple bar and then on to our hotel in Exchequer St.

If you are nearer to the ground (near the pubs you were drinking in last time) I recon you want Kildare St (just looking at Google maps).

J

Cheers Bristolhibby ,

Should have mentioned , no hotel this time , commando trip . Land Dublin early sat morn , leave Dublin early sun morning .

Any help appreciated .

Get off on O'connell st mate

If your going commando ....your more likely to find cheaper accomodation on that side of the River Liffey.

Once you get off there .....your only a 10/15 min walk across the river to Grafton / Kildare St

If you need any other info ....just ask! :)

Edited by Green_Tide_Rising

Is the 72 hour transport pass really worth buying? Think its something like 19 euros and can be purchased in the Spar at Dublin Airport

I know it includes your travel to and from the airport (which I think is something like 10 Euros return?) and as planning to travel around the city a little bit, just wondering if its worth buying or not.

Cheers :ok:

Get off on O'connell st mate

If your going commando ....your more likely to find cheaper accomodation on that side of the River Liffey.

Once you get off there .....your only a 10/15 min walk across the river to Grafton / Kildare St

If you need any other info ....just ask! :)

Cheers Bud ,

But no gonna bother with a hotel on this trip , Will take your advice and book tickets to O' Connell St

Green Tide, I seem to remember the last time I was there, the cheaper swally I found was on the North side of the Liffey. Is this generally true or was it just coincidental that I walked into a cheaper couple of pubs?

Is the 72 hour transport pass really worth buying? Think its something like 19 euros and can be purchased in the Spar at Dublin Airport

I know it includes your travel to and from the airport (which I think is something like 10 Euros return?) and as planning to travel around the city a little bit, just wondering if its worth buying or not.

Cheers :ok:

Its 30eur mate

http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/Fares--Tickets/Tickets/Tourist-Tickets/

Personally i thinks its good value as it offers alot of travel for both night and day

But in your case...you have to weigh up a few things?

Will you use it to get to and from the airport? Will you use it at night to get back to the hotel from a night out?

I know your getting a bike to travel around the city for one day...so will you really need it to explore greater dublin on other days? Use it to get to and from the stadium?

If the answer to all the above is NO , then i wouldnt bother with it.

IF the weather is nice, then Dublin is a great city to walk around in from pub to pub so u wont really need the bus once your inside the city

Green Tide, I seem to remember the last time I was there, the cheaper swally I found was on the North side of the Liffey. Is this generally true or was it just coincidental that I walked into a cheaper couple of pubs?

Yep this is true.

Dearest beer tends to be in the southside areas of Temple Bar, Dame St, Nassau St, Grafton St, Georges St, Baggot St, Stephens Green

But equally there is ALOT of great pubs in those areas and they have great nightlife so there is a pro and con to Drinking in those ares or not drinking in those areas , if ya get me!

Edited by Green_Tide_Rising