Any Questions For Your Trip To Dublin? - Page 13 - Republic of Ireland v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Any Questions For Your Trip To Dublin?

• Replies 825
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jury's custom house.decent choice?

Yep its absolutely fine - its on the main bank of the River Liffey - between City centre and the Stadium ....near the financial district

You are close to the Tram and train stations also if you dont like walking

But you are relatively close walking distance to most things

Looking at going to Guiness Storehouse when I land Friday morning, is it worth a visit?

Yep absolutely worth a visit -despite been Irish and living in Dublin for the last 15 years ....i only did it last year for the first time and I found it really fascinating and well worth it despite me thinking I wouldnt before i did it

Definitely worth checking out mate...especially if you like your guiness :wink2:

What about the Croke Park tour? Looking for something to do Friday morning too.

This is a must - have recommended it to a few on here.

You dont need to know anything about GAA .

Croke Park is the 4th biggest stadium in Europe and is an absolutely fantastic venue. As well as that its steeped in History - its only a 15 min walk from O'connell st or a very short bus ride. Despite it been the home of GAA , our national Football and Rugby sides have also played there.

When there do the skyline stadium roof walk - you will love it!

http://www.tripadvisor.ie/ShowUserReviews-g186605-d546279-r137394198-Croke_Park_Stadium_Tour_GAA_Museum-Dublin_County_Dublin.html

Booked to do the Etihad Skywalk at Croke Park on the Friday afternoon.

Any of the locals know best way to get to it from O'Connell Street?

Very Glad your going to this mate

From O connell st - its a 15/20min walk north east direction.

But tbh , there a plenty of buses from o connell that will take you very close to it - bus numbers 11, 13. 16, 16aa , 40 ...are just some of them. Will cost you 2.55eur fare

If walking , head onto North Frederick street at the top of connell, from there turn right on Gardiner Place....then walk straight (taking no turns) , past mountjoy square and Croke park is just after there on Jones Road.

Looking at going to Guiness Storehouse when I land Friday morning, is it worth a visit?

I went back in 2006 when I was over for the 6 Nations. Thought it was brilliant. The restaurant did the best Irish Stew (made with Guinness).

J

Yep - walking distance to town , also to the stadium

In a very nice area of Dublin, also beside it is the schoolhouse pub...lovely pub

I can second that pub. Went there before the NI game and the Republic game. Just along the road from Oil Can Harry's IIRC.

J