Any Questions For Your Trip To Dublin? - Page 14 - Republic of Ireland v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Any Questions For Your Trip To Dublin?

Lovely area ... very near the city centre but also some great pubs around it (ballsbridge, leeson St , baggot st)

Short walking distance from the stadium also

Hotel itself is old but is still a good hotel

• Replies 825
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sound mate. obviously tb is a tourist trap but if we did go there would we get into pubs with kilts on?

Id expect ye to get into most pubs with kilts on mate.

Id be pretty piss#d off as an irish man if our pubs security stopped entrance to our scottish guests into a pub because they were wearing kilts.

Staff will know the game is on.....so im sure kilts will be expected and kilts will be fine.

Provided ye aint completely out of yere brains drunk and ye aint causing trouble (which we know ye wont be) then access into most places will be fine mate With kilts

Sound mate. obviously tb is a tourist trap but if we did go there would we get into pubs with kilts on?

Been to Ireland 5 times for the rugby and 3 times for the football. I have worn a kilt each time and never had any bother getting in anywhere. If anything the locals come up and chat to you because of the kilt.

This isn't Glasgow. Kilts are very much welcome.

J

Edited by Bristolhibby

What's Dublin like sober ?

Challenging. I've always found Dublin and Ireland in general very pub orientated.

If you're travelling around there's many a welcoming hostelry.

There's stuff to do if you aren't drinking, but you'd walk past a lot of decent looking pubs to do them.

Challenging. I've always found Dublin and Ireland in general very pub orientated.

If you're travelling around there's many a welcoming hostelry.

There's stuff to do if you aren't drinking, but you'd walk past a lot of decent looking pubs to do them.

:ok:

So it's best just to keep getting pissed :lol:

I'm going to try this sober thing on a trip one day.

:ok:

So it's best just to keep getting pissed :lol:

I'm going to try this sober thing on a trip one day.

Dont be afraid to give the sober thing a go

Yes Dublin has a great pub scene ....but for anyone to tar us just as pub city is unfair

It is an extremely historical and sporting city .....with a massively global reputation of being tourist friendly

Heres a list of just some stuff to do in dublin....sober...608 things to be precise - take a look and see if anything catches your eye

http://www.tripadvisor.ie/Attractions-g186605-Activities-Dublin_County_Dublin.html

On all my away football trips with Ireland, while the having the booze and the craic is great fun....i always try to spend a bit of time learning a bit about

the city i am visiting via visiting certain tourist sights.......well worthwhile

If you have any queries on things to do - please drop me a mail and ill be glad to help you out

Edited by Green_Tide_Rising

This isn't Glasgow. Kilts are very much welcome.

J

Never been refused entry anywhere in Scotland, but I have read about incidents on here.

Easyjet also got a bad name for refusing kilties on a plane. Think they were heading to a game in the 'dam, bloody racists.

Anybody staying in the best western skylon hotel

I've got a room booked there, looks like a decent hotel and got it quite cheap when I booked it last July. Just need to sort out my transport for getting over there now.

@tam78 Stevehibs

its a bit outa town though on the main road decent bar across from it the ivy tree ?, well it was when the ire[and games were in croke park

(actually I stayed in the skylon about 35 years ago when , it may have changed since)

Dont be afraid to give the sober thing a go

Yes Dublin has a great pub scene ....but for anyone to tar us just as pub city is unfair

It is an extremely historical and sporting city .....with a massively global reputation of being tourist friendly

Heres a list of just some stuff to do in dublin....sober...608 things to be precise - take a look and see if anything catches your eye

http://www.tripadvisor.ie/Attractions-g186605-Activities-Dublin_County_Dublin.html

On all my away football trips with Ireland, while the having the booze and the craic is great fun....i always try to spend a bit of time learning a bit about

the city i am visiting via visiting certain tourist sights.......well worthwhile

If you have any queries on things to do - please drop me a mail and ill be glad to help you out

Thanks very much pal.

Some great info and will be useful when Intake the Clan to Dublin but seriously doubt I can give sobriety a go when watching Scotland.

9/10 times it drives you to drink :lol:

A pint of the good stuff will be ready for you in June :ok:

I did it in Macedonia. Tore the @rse out of it in Luton the night before.

Kind of place being sober wasn't really an issue mind you. Cracking place.

:lol:

Usually the case with myself.

You can recognise me on the trip home most trips.

Am the wan sat on an airport chair, whiter than a year auld dug shite in the desert and sweating like I've been lay next to it the same length of time :lol:

:lol:

Usually the case with myself.

You can recognise me on the trip home most trips.

Am the wan sat on an airport chair, whiter than a year auld dug shite in the desert and sweating like I've been lay next to it the same length of time :lol:

You might have to narrow that down a bit more as there were more than a few on the way back from Dortmund to A'Dam fitting that description (myself included!). :lol: