Ticket allocation for scotland supporters - Page 4 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Ticket allocation for scotland supporters

hampden_loon2878

1 hour ago, ceudmilefailte said:

People are mentioning the away games were 0 points are needed, Do we get an email saying this?

Iv'e only ever seen ones with double figure points required.

For our younger readers, I mentioned pre planning, my 25 year old son and his mates have booked refundable hostels just about everywere in Germany. Even if you don't get tickets you should go just incase, as my mate said to me in 98 "it might be the last one we get to that we are young enough to enjoy"

Might actually do that for the final, think my back could handle it for a night or two.

I think you’re missing the fact that there’s a full sales schedule. 

For example, the statement might be that you need 18 tickets to guarantee a ticket in the first sales phase, but it then cascades down a point at a time into other sales windows - all subject to demand obviously. 

For a friendly like Austria, you might have needed say 16 points to be guaranteed a ticket, but demand was so little that it cascaded down to being available to 0 points. You’re not going to get notifications from the SSC other than them outlaying the full sales schedule at the beginning. That tells you everything you need to know. 

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, AlfieMoon said:

For example, the statement might be that you need 18 tickets to guarantee a ticket in the first sales phase, but it then cascades down a point at a time into other sales windows - all subject to demand obviously. 

For a friendly like Austria, you might have needed say 16 points to be guaranteed a ticket, but demand was so little that it cascaded down to being available to 0 points. You’re not going to get notifications from the SSC other than them outlaying the full sales schedule at the beginning. That tells you everything you need to know. 

Aye, but only after you've had to wade through three pages of shyte to get there. 🤣

1 hour ago, AlfieMoon said:

So somewere at the begining, there is a schedule that gives dates for when lower points members can get tickets , ie 12 point members can apply on the 14th of Sept , 11 pts on the 16th, 10pts on the 18th etc etc.?

50 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

So somewere at the begining, there is a schedule that gives dates for when lower points members can get tickets , ie 12 point members can apply on the 14th of Sept , 11 pts on the 16th, 10pts on the 18th etc etc.?

Exactly that, and it has been the case for a number of years now.  Its up to the fan to keep a track on the sales schedule.

We're going to have months now of complaints over ticket allocations and how people are hard done by.

At one point, pre Slovenia 2017, I was on full points but took a break as we'd had children and priorities over that meant it wasn't feasible.  I'd missed one game since 2007

I missed out on Euro 2020/1, but I took it on the chin as there were more members who'd attended more and were rightly rewarded for their loyalty.

As it stands, I think I'm back on 15 points, I was in Cyprus (I planned ahead and booked early) and hope to be in France too - I can't make Seville due to it not being the school Holidays.  

I'm hoping that'll be enough to get me to at least 1 game in Germany, and if it is, then great.  If not, I'll still be in Germany and hope to get lucky.  

For the SFA to change the rules now would be a kick in the teeth to those most loyal.  I appreciate finances coming in to play, but people sacrifice a lot too.  I've friends who don't have 'Summer Holidays', and their time away is solely for Scotland games.  

3 hours ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Yes, there is a schedule with dates and actual times for all  members starting from highest to lowest points .  10am or midday are usually the times for every new release  from memory. 

13 hours ago, LoganRoy said:

Exactly that, and it has been the case for a number of years now.  Its up to the fan to keep a track on the sales schedule.

We're going to have months now of complaints over ticket allocations and how people are hard done by.

At one point, pre Slovenia 2017, I was on full points but took a break as we'd had children and priorities over that meant it wasn't feasible.  I'd missed one game since 2007

I missed out on Euro 2020/1, but I took it on the chin as there were more members who'd attended more and were rightly rewarded for their loyalty.

As it stands, I think I'm back on 15 points, I was in Cyprus (I planned ahead and booked early) and hope to be in France too - I can't make Seville due to it not being the school Holidays.  

I'm hoping that'll be enough to get me to at least 1 game in Germany, and if it is, then great.  If not, I'll still be in Germany and hope to get lucky.  

For the SFA to change the rules now would be a kick in the teeth to those most loyal.  I appreciate finances coming in to play, but people sacrifice a lot too.  I've friends who don't have 'Summer Holidays', and their time away is solely for Scotland games.  

Thank you. 

11 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

Yes, there is a schedule with dates and actual times for all  members starting from highest to lowest points .  10am or midday are usually the times for every new release  from memory. 

And thank you.

I'm assuming neither of you think I'm stupid or on the wind up! 

Just been looking at the UEFA site and didn't realise the initial sales period is buying tickets blind for matches you don't know who will be contesting them. There is a second window in December once the draw is made where you can enter a ballot for your team - I can't imagine there would be loads available?

I now take my 12 year old boy to all the matches. I have 14 points which I would imagine would be sufficient for tickets for a couple of the matches but unfortunately he will only be on 11 once the tournament comes around and that won't be enough. So frustrating as he should be on 13 points but I messed up a home match ticket order in 2021 meaning he lost out on 2 points - feeling pretty guilty about that now 🙈.

I chose not to take tickets for Euro 2021 as he couldn't go then either. Now it looks like I'll have the same dilemma if I don't get lucky in the UEFA ballot! 

6 minutes ago, dezmondo said:

Just been looking at the UEFA site and didn't realise the initial sales period is buying tickets blind for matches you don't know who will be contesting them. There is a second window in December once the draw is made where you can enter a ballot for your team - I can't imagine there would be loads available?

I now take my 12 year old boy to all the matches. I have 14 points which I would imagine would be sufficient for tickets for a couple of the matches but unfortunately he will only be on 11 once the tournament comes around and that won't be enough. So frustrating as he should be on 13 points but I messed up a home match ticket order in 2021 meaning he lost out on 2 points - feeling pretty guilty about that now 🙈.

I chose not to take tickets for Euro 2021 as he couldn't go then either. Now it looks like I'll have the same dilemma if I don't get lucky in the UEFA ballot! 

11 could be enough for a game in one of the bigger stadiums if i recall correctly. Someone posted the maths on another thread.

Personally I'm not too fussed if I get tickets or not. I'm on 10 points, some of my mates are on 14+, some on less than 10. I'd actually rather watch the game in the fan fest with all my mates rather than than be seated in the stadium on my own. We'll all enter the ballot and hopefully source tickets that way.

We've now got affordable accommodation sorted for all 54 potential group stage fixtures so should be a few bob extra in the kitty to source tickets if needs be. 

13 hours ago, ceudmilefailte said:

3800 seats and 14 points guaranteed tickets. 

Well I reckon very few thought it would be that easy to get on the ladder. 

Never noticed the link in the email before, 

Basically only had to go to Austria friendly and every home game to get a Spain away ticket. The glamour tie of the group and one of my mates did exactly that.  As I keep saying, it's nowhere near closed shop. We did 2 nights and flights in Vienna for less than £150. I understand folk have different priorities but he saw it as a chance to get him back on ladder (he was once a ten pointer late 00s)

I’m guessing that the SFA will be dealing with things, or at least confirming who’s applications are successful, based upon all fixtures up to and including Norway in November? 

By which I mean the two fixtures in March would be too late to count for folks’ points totals.  Or not?

As an aside, are there any rumblings as to who we mate be playing on those dates yet? I guess not.

Edited by Andy C

On 9/14/2023 at 5:23 PM, ceudmilefailte said:

People are mentioning the away games were 0 points are needed, Do we get an email saying this?

Iv'e only ever seen ones with double figure points required.

IIRC, the sales schedules are 2 pages long. Maybe you stopped at the first page. That might explain what you have said about only seeing double points.

Of course, when we used to have a 10 point system, it would all fit on 1 page.

Now it's a 32 point system, the sales schedule has more sales periods than ever before.

Disgruntled fans pushed for the change, but I don't think it has actually changed anything for them.

For someone like me, I never got to 10 points, but I got fairly close.

Now, I haven't reached 32 points, but I am fairly close.

So what has the change from 10 to 32 achieved? Nothing, I suspect.

4 hours ago, Andy C said:

I’m guessing that the SFA will be dealing with things, or at least confirming who’s applications are successful, based upon all fixtures up to and including Norway in November? 

By which I mean the two fixtures in March would be too late to count for folks’ points totals.  Or not?

As an aside, are there any rumblings as to who we mate be playing on those dates yet? I guess not.

I would imagine any friendlies (or playoffs) we play in March will be counted as normal. Can't see why they wouldn't be?

1 hour ago, Rich NATA said:

IIRC, the sales schedules are 2 pages long. Maybe you stopped at the first page. That might explain what you have said about only seeing double points.

Of course, when we used to have a 10 point system, it would all fit on 1 page.

Now it's a 32 point system, the sales schedule has more sales periods than ever before.

Disgruntled fans pushed for the change, but I don't think it has actually changed anything for them.

For someone like me, I never got to 10 points, but I got fairly close.

Now, I haven't reached 32 points, but I am fairly close.

So what has the change from 10 to 32 achieved? Nothing, I suspect.

Somebody who hadn't been to any away games in the past ten away games, could have got a ticket for Cyprus (it went down to 9 points). I'm not sure that would have happened under the old system. Would it have gone down to zero points? We can only guess at that. But if it had done, those folk on 9, 10, 11, 12 points would have been in a mighty scramble with all the other zero pointers trying to get their internet to work faster.

10 hours ago, Andy C said:

Tickets generally go on sale to supporters of qualified teams before March so those fixtures would be too late for any SSC points gained from them to count towards getting tickets for the Euros.

I would guess there won't even be many rumours of who we'll be playing in March until we know who we've drawn in the Euros if we make it and who is in the playoffs taking place in March.