League Cup 23-24 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

31 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Stirling V Aberdeen moved to the Friday night as the ground has been booked out for something else 😂😂😂

Scottish football is a fucking shambles. 

Wait till Skye Sports gets word, it will be moved again. I'm no being funny DD, it's pathetic. No sympathy for the supporters who have jobs, families, responsibility.. It's a joke man...

4 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Wait till Skye Sports gets word, it will be moved again. I'm no being funny DD, it's pathetic. No sympathy for the supporters who have jobs, families, responsibility.. It's a joke man...

Sky won't care, Viaplay will pick both old firm games. Not sure if BBC are picking up any games this time

3 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Sky won't care, Viaplay will pick both old firm games. Not sure if BBC are picking up any games this time

That alresdy have. It’s also down as both hearts & Hibs at home at the same time. 

• 3 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, slasher said:

Any links to the Aberdeen game tonight troops? Mrs Slasher is out on the town, so a wee bottle of Valpolicella is getting opened and fitba on! Nottm For v Sheff U doesn’t float my boat!

Valpolicelia?? You fancy bassa... 🤣👍

1 hour ago, slasher said:

Any links to the Aberdeen game tonight troops? Mrs Slasher is out on the town, so a wee bottle of Valpolicella is getting opened and fitba on! Nottm For v Sheff U doesn’t float my boat!

Just seen this. Plenty if you have iptv. 

Stirling making us work for this. 

17 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Think this will be a tough match for us on Sunday, few injuries and that shit plastic pitch. Killie starting the season well anaw...

A defeat wouldn’t be a huge surprise but I think we’ll just about get through. Even if we do go out it shouldn’t be a cause for concern, we’re just not ready at the moment. If we get to the end of the window and we still haven’t sourced the 3 first team starters we obviously need then that is negligence and that will be a different matter!

9 hours ago, dandydunn said:

Was that, not very pretty, but it’s about getting through at this stage of the season. 

2 good goals though 👍 They will need to be much better for the Euro tie next week and I expect they will be.

Sounding like a broken record but yet another chance for Rangers to give some game time to young players and they yet again completely ignore it. The culture of the club is shocking. The funny thing is, they spend a bucketload on the academy for zero benefit.

Playing a low end Championship club at home. 1 young player starting and realistically thats only because the 2nd choice LB is currently injured. 

There is no reason why King (in place of Balagoun) and King (in place of Lundstrum) couldnt have started this game also. That would have been 8 multi million pound players starting with 3 of the most promising youths.

Its almost like they dont want their young players to develop so that they can continue to go out and spend money on players every year.

I never buy into the conspirancy theories etc but Rangers have just went 1 nil down to a correctly VAR awarded penalty and then have just been given the softest VAR penalty ever. A shirt pull yes but didnt impact the player at all and also the type of see at every corner.

Montondo should also have been sent off. Commits a tackle, ref has the yellow card out so is giving a yellow for that. Montondo then walks up and blasts the ball away, right in front of the ref which is another yellow. 

I wonder if clubs actually submit formal applications asking for explanations on these types of things.

12 minutes ago, slasher said:

The most reluctantly awarded penalty ever 😂

I thought it was a penalty real time. Anybody thats played football could see that from the way the players went down. Both were holding their feet quite seriously which suggests solid contact. Only Dessers was swinging his foot hard so it follows that he initiated contact. If he had got there 1st and Broadfoot had caught him then neither him nor Broadfoot would have been in such pain. Thats the 1st thing that the ref should bave been thinking.

That being said, I can see why the ref took his time to award as the video wasnt the clearest and looked like only 1 angle was shown which was probably the worst angle.