2023- 2014 predictions... - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

2023- 2014 predictions...

Just now, Big Ramy 1314 said:

1 Celtic

2 sevco

3 Aberdeen... Think Barry Robson will do well this coming season....

4 Hibs, then Hearts....... The rest no sure yet...

https://www.facebook.com/109753354944044/posts/pfbid02DqSwpRMDS5BnPLK4snQw37RKcP39oFnagdt4Z6X1YD5QRRCab8hkdyCFJqe3FZe7l/?sfnsn=mo&mibextid=6aamW6

Sorry, 2023-2024...

Most penalties.. Sevco.. That is a certainty....

1. Celtic

2. Rangers

3. Dons

4. Hearts (although they havent done any stregthening as far as im aware)

5. Hibs (having snuck into top 6 at last minute following manager being sacked around Xmas

11. Dundee

12. Ross County

Dundee Utd to win Championship

6 minutes ago, Diamond Scot said:

1. Celtic

2. Rangers

3. Dons

4. Hearts (although they havent done any stregthening as far as im aware)

5. Hibs (having snuck into top 6 at last minute following manager being sacked around Xmas

11. Dundee

12. Ross County

Dundee Utd to win Championship

I like that. Thr Premiership just is not thr same without Dundee United.. Agree aswell, I think Ross County will struggle. My mate Billy thinks Killie can finish maybe crack the top six, I cannae see it. Think Motherwell will have a better season aswell...

4 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

I like that. Thr Premiership just is not thr same without Dundee United.. Agree aswell, I think Ross County will struggle. My mate Billy thinks Killie can finish maybe crack the top six, I cannae see it. Think Motherwell will have a better season aswell...

Gap between Hearts, Hibs, Aberdeen and clubs like Killie and Motherwell is getting bigger I think. If I was to hazard a guess on the other team to make top 6 it would be St Mirren as they seem to be well run.

Can see Rangers running Celtic alot closer this year. So much depends on how Rangers new players settle in and also who Celtic buy.

If all the Rangers players settle in like Raskin and Cantwell have then I can see them winning the league but its unlikely as not every purchase will do well. 

Im abit surpised Celtic havent been abit more active. There is no rush for them as they dont have qualifiers however normally you want signings in early to go on the training camps.

43 minutes ago, Diamond Scot said:

Gap between Hearts, Hibs, Aberdeen and clubs like Killie and Motherwell is getting bigger I think. If I was to hazard a guess on the other team to make top 6 it would be St Mirren as they seem to be well run.

Can see Rangers running Celtic alot closer this year. So much depends on how Rangers new players settle in and also who Celtic buy.

If all the Rangers players settle in like Raskin and Cantwell have then I can see them winning the league but its unlikely as not every purchase will do well. 

Im abit surpised Celtic havent been abit more active. There is no rush for them as they dont have qualifiers however normally you want signings in early to go on the training camps.

Cannot see sevco wining the league, we have only lost Jota and signed the Aussie, the Norwegian, and The South Korean is on his way. I honestly think we will be stronger this season under BR. It will be alot closer through that's for definite..

1 hour ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Cannot see sevco wining the league, we have only lost Jota and signed the Aussie, the Norwegian, and The South Korean is on his way. I honestly think we will be stronger this season under BR. It will be alot closer through that's for definite..

As things stand at this moment Celtic are weaker with Jota leaving and having not brought anybody tried and tested in.

I do expect that to change in the coming weeks though.

The change of manager is also an unknown factor. Ie If Ange had stayed you could say with alot more certainty that Celtic will continue as they have been the last 2 years.

Rodgers style is very different to Ange and thus very different to what the players have been doing well under. Will be interesting if Rodgers changes his style or if not then if the players can adapt to his style.

Lots of unknowns with the Old Firm this year but as I say I still fancy Celtic to win it.

My main hope is that the other big 3 can improve and reguarly take points off the OF and dominate the rest of the league.

5 hours ago, Diamond Scot said:

5. Hibs (having snuck into top 6 at last minute following manager being sacked around Christmas 

You’re not exactly going out on a limb 😀 that’s pretty much every season at the leith San Siro

Couldn’t give a Donald Duck about league positions, attacking football and cup runs 👍

A true feat of predicting genius would be being able to call the Championship, League One and League Two. All look to be closely contested this season.

Just looking at the clubs in the league I watch (Two) and the ins and outs so far, it is very difficult to call anything, apart from perhaps Elgin looking like they could be in for a long season. 

Will definitely be looking to the League Cup Qualifiers, which begin on Saturday, for some early clues as to how squads are coming together.

I'll be surprised if Celtic don't win the league this season.  I think we've recruited well so far overall but Celtic will strengthen and have a chunky pot of money to spend so wouldn't be surprised to see them bring in some quality.  We might squeak a cup but think that's likely to be it.

3 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

I'll be surprised if Celtic don't win the league this season.  I think we've recruited well so far overall but Celtic will strengthen and have a chunky pot of money to spend so wouldn't be surprised to see them bring in some quality.  We might squeak a cup but think that's likely to be it.

Fair point FB. Like I said,  eltic have only lost Jota, and have brought in Tillman, jury still out on him. Rangers are rebuilding, so time will tell. Losing ange was an initial blow, but bringing back BR shows we are not going backwards. I just think Celtic have basically the same squad as last year, and the players, from what I am reading love Brendan. Cup ties are funny, anything can happen. Anyhoo, I am planning to fly over for a Celtic v rangers match, Mrs.Ramy has given me permission, so be prepared for another 10 pages of Big Ramy comin home.. 🤣🤣🤣

20 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Fair point FB. Like I said,  eltic have only lost Jota, and have brought in Tillman, jury still out on him. Rangers are rebuilding, so time will tell. Losing ange was an initial blow, but bringing back BR shows we are not going backwards. I just think Celtic have basically the same squad as last year, and the players, from what I am reading love Brendan. Cup ties are funny, anything can happen. Anyhoo, I am planning to fly over for a Celtic v rangers match, Mrs.Ramy has given me permission, so be prepared for another 10 pages of Big Ramy comin home.. 🤣🤣🤣

Good to see you've got your finger on the pulse of your teams signings!  Tilman played for Rangers last season...

You've also signed the Norwegian boy.

Edited by Fairbairn

2 hours ago, morrie21 said:

A true feat of predicting genius would be being able to call the Championship, League One and League Two. All look to be closely contested this season.

Just looking at the clubs in the league I watch (Two) and the ins and outs so far, it is very difficult to call anything, apart from perhaps Elgin looking like they could be in for a long season. 

Will definitely be looking to the League Cup Qualifiers, which begin on Saturday, for some early clues as to how squads are coming together.

Totally agree with you Morrie. the lower leagues are more exciting that the Scottish Premiership. Re Elgin - a few highland league clubs would love to renew their rivalry with them next season if/when they get relegated

1 hour ago, Fairbairn said:

Good to see you've got your finger on the pulse of your teams signings!  Tilman played for Rangers last season...

You've also signed the Norwegian boy.

My bad, Tillman would never get in our side.. Cheers for pointing that out..

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

Totally agree with you Morrie. the lower leagues are more exciting that the Scottish Premiership. Re Elgin - a few highland league clubs would love to renew their rivalry with them next season if/when they get relegated

Aye, Elgin sold Hester to Montrose - hell of a lower league striker, although he's facing a ban this season for that betting scandal he was involved in. 

Back to Elgin though, they haven't made any effort to bring in any players, maybe their board maybe want them back in the Highland League, who knows?

Hopefully Stenny can get a promotion playoff run going, or better yet a title charge. At this point, no one knows.