Retirement...... - Page 8 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

24 minutes ago, euan2020 said:

I'm fancying retiring at age 55 - 52 just now - original plan was 52 but ended up in USA for 4 years from Cape Town - relocating back to Scotland next year

6 Months in Scotland and 6 Months in Cape Town is plan 

occupy time in Scotland with helping brother on his farm or Scotland trips (built up 670K KLM Airmiles so should be good for 30 trips)

CPT time spent on razzle or driving aboot in my Defender 110 which has a roof tent  

certainly need something to occupy time 

That is proper retirement mate. Well done...🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿👍

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bumped into my old mates today, they were doing a job, So i pulled over to say hello. All I can say is thank fuck I retired.. They were telling me management is trying to fuck them, the union is involved, nobody happy, and they said I am lucky I am gone. Was good seeing the lads, but even though I get bored and am still trying to adjust, I defo k ow now I made the correct decision to retire at 55.. We only live once after all...

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, I'm enjoying my retirement. Here I am with young Wallace🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿. Mrs. Ramy wanted to go home, so we are in Inverness, Cape Breton, Nova Scotia. Just got here today. Wallace first trip to the Atlantic Ocean. We drove, 2 days 18 hours in total. It's stunning here. Very similar to the Ayrshire Coast...

20230812_191634.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Just recieved a call from "Micheals", an Arts n Crafts shop. Passed my interview with flying colours and got offered a part time job... I said yes..I'm getting bored now.. Looking forward to it, start training Wednesday. Mrs..Ramy happy, I'm driving her mental as she works from home some days..😂😂

1 hour ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Just recieved a call from "Micheals", an Arts n Crafts shop. Passed my interview with flying colours and got offered a part time job... I said yes..I'm getting bored now.. Looking forward to it, start training Wednesday. Mrs..Ramy happy, I'm driving her mental as she works from home some days..😂😂

Good for you Ramy 👏 😁

Lets have some training on here.

TRIIIING  ! (  thats a bell )  Woman enters the shop .

What do you do say ? 

So I rang my pension office to see how many hours per week I am allowed to work that wullnae affect my pension... Turns out, I can work all I want as long as my new employer is not with MY pension provider. So I may end up going back full time through the winter months, stash the dosh in ma bunnet, then take the summer off and fish, golf, kayak, bike, then go back to work in the winter as long as I feel comfortable and my health is good.. I am honestly starting to get crabbit now, I need to work. It's just ma nature....

21 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

You fae Aberdeen??😆

😂 it might be a bit lost on a Canadian but good reply !  You have passed the initiative test. 
Next challenge is ‘selling up’  . I have got my 5 balls of wool but its 4pm on a Friday and you haven’t made your weekly target. How would you flog me more of your art and crafts ? 

9 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

😂 it might be a bit lost on a Canadian but good reply !  You have passed the initiative test. 
Next challenge is ‘selling up’  . I have got my 5 balls of wool but its 4pm on a Friday and you haven’t made your weekly target. How would you flog me more of your art and crafts ? 

I'm just glad I'm no works ng for you ..FFS....🤣🤣🤣🤣

Well done Ramy, hope the job goes well. I officially retired in the summer of 2021 but since November 2022 have gone back to doing supply teaching at a local school. Some of the kids can be challenging but on the whole I'm enjoying it although I'm in quite a different role. What is quite nice is for the first time in my life, I'm actually able to state some conditions so I didn't go in last Friday as I was down in London for a gig. 

Hope the training goes well on Wednesday, I doubt it will be more taxing than what TDYER63 has put you through!

Excellent. Saved by the bell Ramy. You might just make your target yet .

A middle aged male school teacher has just entered the shop. This should be an easy sell. Men are a bit more difficult to flog shite too than women but give it a go 😁

Aaah, back to work already I see Ramy. This is what has happened to everyone I know who has gone in their mid 50’s. On balance I think I’ll hang it out for a while yet, unless NLC decides on another round of redundancies in which case I’m offski!

12 hours ago, Hertsscot said:

Well done Ramy, hope the job goes well. I officially retired in the summer of 2021 but since November 2022 have gone back to doing supply teaching at a local school. Some of the kids can be challenging but on the whole I'm enjoying it although I'm in quite a different role. What is quite nice is for the first time in my life, I'm actually able to state some conditions so I didn't go in last Friday as I was down in London for a gig. 

Hope the training goes well on Wednesday, I doubt it will be more taxing than what TDYER63 has put you through!

Ah cheers mate...☺️

2 hours ago, slasher said:

Aaah, back to work already I see Ramy. This is what has happened to everyone I know who has gone in their mid 50’s. On balance I think I’ll hang it out for a while yet, unless NLC decides on another round of redundancies in which case I’m offski!

Aye mate, I love retirement, but I need to do something else, especially with winter around the corner. I will give this new job a go, see how it works out.. I'm only 55, so still have work in me. I just miss the daily routine. Only working part time though Slasher, still some fishing and golf left in me...🙂

3 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

Excellent. Saved by the bell Ramy. You might just make your target yet .

A middle aged male school teacher has just entered the shop. This should be an easy sell. Men are a bit more difficult to flog shite too than women but give it a go 😁

Just as long as his school pupils don't identify as animals, then he can get to fuck...🤣

57 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Just as long as his school pupils don't identify as animals, then he can get to fuck...🤣

Ramy you are missing an opportunity here. You should be saying :

Excuse me sir. Could  I interest you in a piece of  velvet and some diamond studs for any cat pupil you may have ? You could make a beautiful collar for it. Or perhaps some wool to make it a jazzy pair of cat leggings .