Bars Tips Meeting Points etc - Page 2 - Norway v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Bars Tips Meeting Points etc

GaryWood34

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/20/2023 at 4:13 PM, N4Footsoldier said:

Honestly this won't likely be a trip for pub crawls etc at Ā£10-12 a pint over there.

Looking to rely on duty free and carry out. Hopefully a few unofficial fan zones popping up at main squares or certal parks (Slotssparken maybe). There could be one or two pub owners savvy enough to put drinks deals on and get people through the door. But we'll wait to hear about that I suppose. We're directly across from Dubliner Irish pub who might be keen to take advantage.

I visited Oslo once before and never thought much of it really. It does have its landmarks, main cathedral, Royal Palace etc. Some nice scenery if you can get up the hills to the outskirts. It's not the most lively place.

Duty free limit is significantly lower than it is for EU countries. You can get a litre of spirits, 1.5 litres of wine, and six small cans of beer. There are fines if you get caught trying to bring in more than the limit.

3 hours ago, Stokesy said:

Duty free limit is significantly lower than it is for EU countries. You can get a litre of spirits, 1.5 litres of wine, and six small cans of beer. There are fines if you get caught trying to bring in more than the limit.

Think you can buy over the limit and pay the duty , looking at prices it still seemed cheaper , from the app you can buy 12 cans of 330ml beer and a half litre of spirits , after that you start to pay duty . According to the TOLL app anyway - actually taking a litre of spirits plus the beer you pay 6 kroner duty , about 45 pĀ šŸ˜Š

Edited by tattiescone69

On 4/4/2023 at 11:21 AM, wanderer said:

Closed until 2026 for refurbishments. We went for the last game and was very much worth doing, and getting the boat from the city out to it.

Nooooo, gutted. Wanted to go see that.Ā 
Ā 

Fancy going to see Munchs ā€œThe Screamā€ when we are there.

I got pretty wasted the first day we were there last time, which meant a long lie in the next day and not much touristy stuff done.
Ā 

Much more sensible now.

J

On 4/30/2023 at 2:47 PM, Stokesy said:

Good shout, I'll be sure to double check before going.

Due to cost of this one I'm only in the country for just under 48 hours so I suppose the lower duty free amount should still be ok.

On 4/30/2023 at 6:52 PM, tattiescone69 said:

Think you can buy over the limit and pay the duty , looking at prices it still seemed cheaper , from the app you can buy 12 cans of 330ml beer and a half litre of spirits , after that you start to pay duty . According to the TOLL app anyway - actually taking a litre of spirits plus the beer you pay 6 kroner duty , about 45 pĀ šŸ˜Š

You're correct about being able to pay the duty and being able to play around with the amounts and substitute spirits for more beer and so on.

1 hour ago, Stokesy said:

You're correct about being able to pay the duty and being able to play around with the amounts and substitute spirits for more beer and so on.

What I did notice though is once you go over the limit the duty increases exponentially almost - if you're just over the limit you're ok . Buy another litre of spirits it's 405 kroner in dutyĀ šŸ˜²

3 hours ago, Mazziessc said:

Myuglybaby

Fram Museum

Paradox MuseumĀ 

Ski Museum

Vigeland ParkĀ 

Other than the boozers that's my wee list to get through.

Ski museum is closed I believe , can still see the ski jump though . Kon tiki is worth seeing and its close to the Fram museum . Nice wee trip on the boat too

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/8/2023 at 1:56 PM, tattiescone69 said:

Ski museum is closed I believe , can still see the ski jump though . Kon tiki is worth seeing and its close to the Fram museum . Nice wee trip on the boat too

It's closed yeah but I believe you can head to the top on a viewing platform then zip-line back down should you fancy. No bookings required.

• 2 weeks later...