The Referree / Var thread.. - Page 26 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The Referree / Var thread..

20 hours ago, slasher said:

Operation ‘Lets Get Collum’ in full swing now online and elsewhere but don’t worry it’s for the greater good.

Embarrassing stuff! 

Any fan of any other club who is buying into this pish needs to take a long hard look at themselves. The way Rangers Fc go after individuals is disgusting and the fact that what I would term as decent Rangers fans now can’t seem to see it is disturbing.

VAR process and protocol and transparency has always been important but suddenly because the huns throw a hissyfit it now becomes urgent to address it. I would like to know personally why the head of referee’s Crawford Allan was suddenly available to meet a complainant and why the huns were granted not only a meeting but access to VAR audio when others have been denied. 

Can you all actually take a minute to imagine what this would have looked like if these cunts had actually been victims of some sort of refereeing injustice?

Referee strikes

Dougie McDonald

Lenton in refs faces on the park.  

You cunts are just as bad and no doubt be blaming refs soon enough. 

• Replies 803
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Worst VAR/refereeing decision this season was at RP when the ref blew for a foul just as we scored then gave a pen which we missed. 

Had that been during an Old Firm there would have been a meltdown bigger than this. 

In fact, worst VAR decision last season was at RP too when Conscidine nearly caught the ball on the line! 

Johnstone got away with one in your victory a few weeks back too. 

54 minutes ago, Redz said:

I (we) spend fukin thousands following our respective teams

These cnuts are simply tying themselves in knots - You guys can decide why

If this cloak and dagger (cheating) pantomime is to continue, I would like to see two things happen, initially

1/ That our collective board of directors stick up for our clubs publicly

2/ If the above serves no purpose, I would want the officials (ref / var) head(s) on a stake, until such time as the rules are clear and applied consistently 

*Whilst I (most of us) do not like the (majority of) huns, FB has a fair point here. I do wonder what the rhetoric (reaction) would be if this was the like of Killie, St Mirren, or Motherwell going gung ho.....

I'd love Hearts to be as strong when we receive horrendous decisions.  Forrest booking at the weekend was fucking diabolical.  

1 hour ago, LoganRoy said:

Referee strikes

Dougie McDonald

Lenton in refs faces on the park.  

You cunts are just as bad and no doubt be blaming refs soon enough. 

Decided against dry January then? 😂

26 minutes ago, slasher said:

Decided against dry January then? 😂

I'll have you know I've had 3 cups of Aldis Jaffa Cake tea this evening. 

But I'm right, both cheeks will portray the woe is me nonsense.  Spare us all!

49 minutes ago, LoganRoy said:

I'll have you know I've had 3 cups of Aldis Jaffa Cake tea this evening. 

But I'm right, both cheeks will portray the woe is me nonsense.  Spare us all!

Ffs that sounds dreadful! 😂

Listen we all have issues with poor officiating but this is not the way to go about it. I knew at full time it would turn into what it is now, a witch hunt. It was the same after we beat them at Ibrox, days of debate about a refereeing decision. Say what you want but under Brendan Rodgers this wouldn’t happen at Celtic. I wouldn’t be fuckin having it either. Look at yourselves first. The bottom line here is deflection from failure, it’s what they do. It’s all the sorer for them because they expected to beat us both times. A wee look at Twitter or X will tell you all you need to know about what it’s become and the club have enabled and encouraged it!

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11788/13041704/old-firm-penalty-claim-scottish-fa-respond-to-rangers-claims-following-meeting-to-listen-to-var-audio

It's job done for ra peepil though because they've got the orcs believing the world is against them and celtic can only beat them by cheating. 

Edited by vanderark14

The SFA have responded publicly but its their actions that will tell what they really think

Will they have  give Collum a Rangers match or they keep him away from their games. I don't envy their position, rangers actions put collum at risk and they should be punished for it. 

2 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

The SFA have responded publicly but its their actions that will tell what they really think

Will they have  give Collum a Rangers match or they keep him away from their games. I don't envy their position, rangers actions put collum at risk and they should be punished for it. 

They should give him EVERY Rangers game till the end of the season, maybe he could learn to love them.. 

I see Buckie are expected to share the costs of VAR for the opening Scottish cup tie against Celtic. Its £4500 per club

A total waste of money for both clubs IMO. 

Interesting that they deem the handball not clear and obvious enough to review when you see some of the penalties given where the ball is blasted off someone from close range when their arm is slightly outstretched. To me, Johnson makes a voluntary movement with his arm when trying to challenge Sima and slaps the ball out of play, accidentally, but compare it to other handballs and it looks clear to me.

The other main issue is some of the rules that need to be applied, particularly handball, which need a complete overhaul that allow all of officials, players, managers, spectators to understand.

The problem is we started giving penalties for handball for very innocuous situations and now everyone thinks we should continue doing so.  Why?  

Let's just stop doing it.  i'm glad Collum didn't give it as it was at least debatable whether it was deliberate or inadvertent.

Go back to common sense, was it deliberate, is there an advantage, was a goal blocked?  A combination of some or all three with the referees making a call?  You know, how we gave penalties in the past before people started over-analysing letters in a rule book.

Of all the things in modern football this "we have to keep giving penalties for things we know shouldn't be penalties" is right up there as the most annoying and ruinous of what's meant to be a fair game.  Absolutely grasping for a penalty because a ball bounces off an arm on the way out.  I don't think this was the point of the handball rule.  But okay it's up for debate if he meant it, what it shouldn't be is "we've given worse handball pens so let's keep doing it".  crazy

Rangers, the Daily Record and Sky all need to have a word with themselves.  A disgrace in my opinion.

Edited by PapofGlencoe

I also thought at the time, Collum just didn't think it was a penalty and gave Sky the offside as an extra piece of information.

It's not the SFA's or Var's fault Sky then interpreted this extra information as the reason for the decision.  And communicated this out to the audience.  

It might come as a surprise but Sky's commentators agreeing on something doesn't in itself prove the decision was objective rather than subjective.

the way they've all gone about it is appalling, whipping up hatred of a referee who actually got the decision arguably correct and in fact definitely correct.  Unbelievably crass from the club and the record in particular.

football is about the fans but some fans are horrendous.  Referees get a hell of a lot more right than they used to, they're not perfect but with VAR you rarely get super egregious game changing decisions now (see hilarious Lampard goal....)

Edited by PapofGlencoe

1 minute ago, PapofGlencoe said:

I also thought at the time, Collum just didn't think it was a penalty and gave Sky the offside as an extra piece of information.

It's not the SFA's or Var's fault Sky then interpreted this extra information as the reason for the decision.  And communicated this out to the audience.  

It might come as a surprise but Sky's commentators agreeing on something doesn't in itself prove the decision was objective rather than subjective.

the way they've all gone about it is appalling, whipping up hatred of a professional referee who actually got the decision arguably correct and in fact definitely correct.  Unbelievably crass from the club and the record in particular.

And yet they still believe they are the victims in all of this. 

I can't think of a club or support more lacking in self awareness.

5 minutes ago, PapofGlencoe said:

the way they've all gone about it is appalling, whipping up hatred of a professional referee who actually got the decision arguably correct and in fact definitely correct.  Unbelievably crass from the club and the record in particular.

Sky (at the time) presenters and comms were all baffled by the decision, and are also privy to the VAR chat and confirmed (by Crocker) no mention of offside at the time.  I think that is Rangers argument, which as mentioned above, given the other handballs this season it was a clear penalty.

The SFA then releasing the offside picture, then adds fuel to fire of the mental conspiracy theorists and why we've ended up where we are.

At least common sense has prevailed and Forrest yellow for simulation has been revoked, which in my biased opinion, is a bigger fucking sham than any to not award us that penalty.  

Edited by LoganRoy

7 minutes ago, LoganRoy said:

Sky (at the time) presenters and comms were all baffled by the decision, and are also privy to the VAR chat and confirmed (by Crocker) no mention of offside at the time.  I think that is Rangers argument, which as mentioned above, given the other handballs this season it was a clear penalty.

The SFA then releasing the offside picture, then adds fuel to fire of the mental conspiracy theorists and why we've ended up where we are.

At least common sense has prevailed and Forrest yellow for simulation has been revoked, which in my bias opinion, is a bigger fucking sham than any to not award us that penalty.  

Yeah, im aware "given other handballs this season" it could have been a penalty.  I dont think we should keep giving pens for these innocuous handballs though.  To me that is madness and worse than anything else about this incident.  Let's stop giving penalties for inadvertent handballs which we've all suddenly started believing we need to do for consistency.  No.  Let's stop making bad decisions... nobody wants to see games turned on these handball pens do we?

Of course there was no mention of offside, the guy didn't think it was a penalty for handball.  Just because sky and team disagree doesn't make it a definite penalty.

The referees thought they were helping by saying "even if you think it's a penalty for handball, it wouldn't have been once we'd gone through the rest of the checks"

seems reasonable to me.

But our country is full of lunatics hahaha

Edited by PapofGlencoe

25 minutes ago, PapofGlencoe said:

Yeah, im aware "given other handballs this season" it could have been a penalty.  I dont think we should keep giving pens for these innocuous handballs though.  To me that is madness and worse than anything else about this incident.  Let's stop giving penalties for inadvertent handballs which we've all suddenly started believing we need to do for consistency.  No.  Let's stop making bad decisions... nobody wants to see games turned on these handball pens do we?

Of course there was no mention of offside, the guy didn't think it was a penalty for handball.  Just because sky and team disagree doesn't make it a definite penalty.

The referees thought they were helping by saying "even if you think it's a penalty for handball, it wouldn't have been once we'd gone through the rest of the checks"

seems reasonable to me.

But our country is full of lunatics hahaha

It is