Vaccine Passports - Page 16 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Vaccine Passports

22 hours ago, thplinth said:

Well personally I was forced to take the vaccine to visit my sick mum in hospital. In the end I was not even able to do that.

And forced in effect by know it all wankers who think they know what is best for us all.

You bet I regret taking it. Prick.

I thought you had lost your mum way back at start of year as you said to Lamia in the Indy thread back in May it had sadly happened when you asked why she was so fucking miserable and she said her mum died and you said that makes two of us.

Then in August you were saying you weren't vaccinated and you might have to do with work.

So for obvious reason I didn't think the two events were related at all. However not wanting to intrude on anyones grief.

On 8/10/2021 at 12:33 PM, thplinth said:

I quite fancied the Russian Sputnik V one when it first came out. Read an article about it at the time and the institute that developed it and why it was first on the market. They had developed a very similar one I think and they were able to make small modifications to adapt it to covid19. So that meant they could short cut a lot of the testing and know (with a higher degree of certainty) that it would work and also crucially be safe.

So I quite fancied it. But then at the height of the pandemic in Europe when folk were dropping like flies the west politicized it and blocked it for months and months and even still now in most countries...

And then they are lecturing you about the importance of getting vaccinated. The hypocrisy and profiteering in all of it does induce the dry boak at times.

So now I am in the huff.

Looks like they will be forcing everyone (cant work, cant travel, cant go to shops etc) so if so which one of these pishy western ones available in the west is the least shite then?

Anyone had any bad experiences with certain ones? Was thinking pfizer but it is looking a bit weak now. J&J is the one jab but it may give you blood clots. (Ironically they only recommend that to the over 60's I think as only then is the risk of not taking the J&J vaccine judged greater than getting a blood clot.) So thinking fuck the J&J one. What about Moderna? What does it do to you if things go tits up? 

On 8/12/2021 at 11:44 AM, thplinth said:

I will probably get vaccinated, mainly to having a gun held to my head on work, travel etc but I don't trust these cocksuckers one little bit quite frankly. Totally can understand why many others feel the same.

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Has anyone here been outside recently?😅  Apart from transport and the supermarket people are barely even bothering with the charade of the mask.  Even then more dutiful than careful.  

80% or more have had a vaccine for months and haven't grown horns or a new eye.  If the idiot antivaxxers haven't got it by now, are they ever?  

People are passed this. 

Well I will share a bit of my story. 

My dear old ma succumbed to a cognitive disease in the space of six months during the height of the lockdown. She had it for years but it goes exponential at some point and it did for her. She is still alive but she is away. 

During it all I was abroad. I keep one foot in Scotland and one foot in another European country. I got stuck here.

I was essentially forced by potential work travel requirements and being able to travel and visit the hospital to get vaccinated. None of which happened due to various circumstances. 

So I would say to those unvaccinated don’t do it. They will make you take more and more to keep the passport. If you are going to make a stand do it now.

13 minutes ago, thplinth said:

Well I will share a bit of my story. 

My dear old ma succumbed to a cognitive disease in the space of six months during the height of the lockdown. She had it for years but it goes exponential at some point and it did for her. She is still alive but she is away. 

During it all I was abroad. I keep one foot in Scotland and one foot in another European country. I got stuck here.

I was essentially forced by potential work travel requirements and being able to travel and visit the hospital to get vaccinated. None of which happened due to various circumstances. 

So I would say to those unvaccinated don’t do it. They will make you take more and more to keep the passport. If you are going to make a stand do it now.

sorry to hear your story.  It's awful to see loved ones lose themselves.

That said why would you encourage people not to get vaccinated?  I don't agree with the passports or mandating but surely getting vaccinated is a good idea for the individual and everyone else?  Loads of people have had it and it's clearly working.

I don't understand what's being stood against?  

Edited by PapofGlencoe

The last paragraph in my post was to do with the fact that I did get vaccinated... to appease the travel rules, the passport, the whatever... I can recall they had me by the short and curlies with impending deadlines at work and at home and in the end I relented...

But now I am sure they will say soon you must take another... and another... and another... and another... or my passport will be revoked. Well, I am not doing that. So I might as well have not done that from the start. 

My situation was just to explain how I personally got coerced into it (being vaccinated) and why I especially don't like that, bullying and blackmailing people, knowingly using horrible personal situations that we all routinely find ourselves in as a matter of day to day life to pressure or induce you to take a drug you don't agree with taking. They don't know nor care about your personal circumstances but they know what they are doing...

It does not matter how many examples of safe vaccines you do agree with, or why exactly these leaky vaccines might be very dangerous... it is all just cast as 'anti vaccine'... 

Will in two years this thread be forgotten. It should be.

conspiracy eh.

I think it is to certain extent, ie railroading of legislation, contacts and agendas. However, it does save lives so kid yourself on that you know better than proper scientists if you like, but that’s kinda pish in the face of decent, majority science when compared to your endless sources of choice (most of which I find interesting, but can fairly quickly see are greasing the wheels of the their viewpoint).

14 minutes ago, thplinth said:

The last paragraph in my post was to do with the fact that I did get vaccinated... to appease the travel rules, the passport, the whatever... I can recall they had me by the short and curlies with impending deadlines at work and at home and in the end I relented...

But now I am sure they will say soon you must take another... and another... and another... and another... or my passport will be revoked. Well, I am not doing that. So I might as well have not done that from the start. 

My situation was just to explain how I personally got coerced into it (being vaccinated) and why I especially don't like that, bullying and blackmailing people, knowingly using horrible personal situations that we all routinely find ourselves in as a matter of day to day life to pressure or induce you to take a drug you don't agree with taking. They don't know nor care about your personal circumstances but they know what they are doing...

It does not matter how many examples of safe vaccines you do agree with, or why exactly these leaky vaccines might be very dangerous... it is all just cast as 'anti vaccine'... 

Will in two years this thread be forgotten. It should be.

Why would you not just get the vaccine and forget about it like every other mild inconvenience we need to do? And allow yourself to get on with life.  It's no big deal, it's just a thing to protect against a virus.  We have to wear seatbelts when you fly too.  

I could maybe get it when the vaccine had just started but half the world has had it and we're no falling over.  If everyone took an anti Vax attitude we could very well be in a much worse position.  

I don't want people bullied either but I've not heard one good reason for not doing it.  

On 11/17/2021 at 9:14 PM, thplinth said:

The exchange was a bit abrupt at the time Lamia, but I am sorry about your mum. Even though this was not raised in any positive sense (on this thread now) I am glad to explain. 

I lost my mum years ago too. She had a brain tumour. Losing them twice is simply awful so I understand. 

5 minutes ago, Lamia said:

I lost my mum years ago too. She had a brain tumour. Losing them twice is simply awful so I understand. 

My dad has dementia too. So maybe goes some way to explain why I am so miserable.

Austria's chancellor says Covid anti-vaccine campaigners spreading misinformation are to blame for the country's record Covid cases.

Alexander Schallenberg tells a press conference: "Whipped up by radical anti-vaxxers, by fake news, too many among us didn’t get vaccinated. The results are overcrowded intensive care units and enormous suffering."

He says therefore the government took "a very difficult decision...that we will quickly introduce a nationwide vaccine mandate" from 1 February

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/world-59343987

Wowsers! 

2 hours ago, Lamia said:

My dad has dementia too. So maybe goes some way to explain why I am so miserable.

My mum lost her dad to two strokes and Covid and her mum had to go into a care-home around the same time with dementia.  By the time my mum was allowed to visit my gran had deteriorated quite a bit and would often mistake my mum for my auntie who died a decade back with cancer.  Last couple of years haven't had a great many laughs unfortunately but my mum has chucked herself into the grandkids which have probably saved her spiralling into depression to be honest. 

Reckon the covid years will have repercussions for at least a decade unfortunately one way or another.     

1 hour ago, ThistleWhistle said:

My mum lost her dad to two strokes and Covid and her mum had to go into a care-home around the same time with dementia.  By the time my mum was allowed to visit my gran had deteriorated quite a bit and would often mistake my mum for my auntie who died a decade back with cancer.  Last couple of years haven't had a great many laughs unfortunately but my mum has chucked herself into the grandkids which have probably saved her spiralling into depression to be honest. 

Reckon the covid years will have repercussions for at least a decade unfortunately one way or another.     

Yeah - it has been extraordinarily difficult to deal with what were already challenging circumstances.

1 hour ago, ThistleWhistle said:

Austria's chancellor says Covid anti-vaccine campaigners spreading misinformation are to blame for the country's record Covid cases.

Alexander Schallenberg tells a press conference: "Whipped up by radical anti-vaxxers, by fake news, too many among us didn’t get vaccinated. The results are overcrowded intensive care units and enormous suffering."

He says therefore the government took "a very difficult decision...that we will quickly introduce a nationwide vaccine mandate" from 1 February

Wowsers! 

Apparently Austria have had mandatory vaccines in the past, for 8 tears it was mandatory to get polio vaccine as well. Not the first time they've used mandates.

Every time you think you're experiencing something novel turns out nah just novel to me!

4 hours ago, Lamia said:

We've been friends for over 20 years, Morrissey has nothing on you.

It'll be being married to a Kenny Rogers impersonator that does it.

On 11/19/2021 at 9:14 AM, Lamia said:

On 11/19/2021 at 9:19 AM, Lamia said:

Jesus. Fair play on the miserableness Lamia. That is rough. 

As a bloke I am forced to put a brave face on it. It is in the agreement with God of the Blokes when you become a bloke. 

Truth is like yourself I am not exactly ecstatic either. 😀

I cant believe how long it feels like yet it is not even a year. I had been complaining that as I got older the years just were slipping by so I guess the big man heard my complaints... oooft.

It is probably worthy of a thread as I  know so many people this is affecting but I talk about it enough just dealing with it. I am sure you are the same.

It is fucked up but I wish it was a heart attack or something fatal. This is like they go into limbo for X years. They are there but they are not there... dreadful disease. I am already thinking about myself and putting down some contingency plans seeing what I have seen.

Best to you and the nano-shorted one. 

On 11/19/2021 at 10:45 AM, ThistleWhistle said:

Wowsers! 

On 11/21/2021 at 9:05 PM, thplinth said:

It is fucked up but I wish it was a heart attack or something fatal. This is like they go into limbo for X years. They are there but they are not there... dreadful disease. I am already thinking about myself and putting down some contingency plans seeing what I have seen.

Yup I totally relate to this. I feel even angrier that my mum was effectively imprisoned and abandoned in that last year of her life. I found notes that she wrote during that year many of which were confused but all had something that made sense and she said in one of them how she thought I was there and waved and then realised it wasn't me. The only times I saw her were when she was really ill. Both my parents would have rather seen me and got Covid than drag out an empty existence. 

I thought I would get some relief when they went into the home because they would be looked after - prior to that my heart was in my mouth every time the phone rang - but it was just as awful but in a different way.