What About The Stadium - Poland v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

What About The Stadium

big clarky

Been in a lot o big crackin stadiums in ma time but this is the second time in this one and it only confirmed what i thought the first time,best stadium ive been in by a mile,stunning ,take something special to top this place.CMON THE SFA AND SCOTTISH PARLIAMENT GET YUR HEADS TOGETHER AND GIVE US SOMETHING SIMILAR

With the Westfalenstadion(sp?) and then this, we've really been spoilt.

Safe to say their fans are gonna be disappointed in Glasgow.

Thinkin that maself mate,asked by a polish fan whos going to hampden what its like and words failed me, :blush::blush::blush:

Sounded crackers on the airwaves - went to Milan derby 2010, didnt expect to get ticket wandring outside but tout approached with a cheap awayend Inter ticket. No booze sold but man, the weed was flowing freely - Inter won 0-4 so 20k silenced the 60 AC lot. Old stadium by 25 years now but totally iconic!!

Sounded crackers on the airwaves - went to Milan derby 2010, didnt expect to get ticket wandring outside but tout approached with a cheap awayend Inter ticket. No booze sold but man, the weed was flowing freely - Inter won 0-4 so 20k silenced the 60 AC lot. Old stadium by 25 years now but totally iconic!!

I think the San Siro is the biggest dump I've been in.

Been in a lot o big crackin stadiums in ma time but this is the second time in this one and it only confirmed what i thought the first time,best stadium ive been in by a mile,stunning ,take something special to top this place.CMON THE SFA AND SCOTTISH PARLIAMENT GET YUR HEADS TOGETHER AND GIVE US SOMETHING SIMILAR

Still thought Dortmund was better, as was the San Siro.

Cracking stadium though I would have to agree

San Siro was a fecking piggery and a potential deathtrap - grease all over the stairs and passageways, dirty seats without any back to them, no handrails on the stairways, bottlenecks at the top of each stairway and annoying little feckers pushing in all the time trying to sell overpriced drinks and peanuts.

Best that I've been in are the Amsterdam Arena, the Olympiastadion in each of Berlin and Munich and the Allianz Arena in Munich - probably the best of all was the Allianz.

Edited by neilser

Id agree about the Millenium - my favourite - bears right down onto the pitch. I was also impressed by Old Trafford where Ive watched the rugby league final.

Have to say thought the Warsaw one from the outside is iconic . Stands out in view from Old Town and also from the top of the Ghostbusters building. Its right up there and one the Poles can be very proud of.

Have to say thought the Warsaw one from the outside is iconic . Stands out in view from Old Town and also from the top of the Ghostbusters building. Its right up there and one the Poles can be very proud of.

I remember, when i was there for the friendly, saying to our taxi driver it looked like an alien spaceship from close encounters of the third kind! I assume they had it all light up in different colours from the outside on Tuesday?

Edited by Dave78