Irish Thinking They Will Have A Massive Support At Parkhead - Page 56 - Scotland Home Games - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Irish Thinking They Will Have A Massive Support At Parkhead

andyg83

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

truth is none of you have any idea how many Irish fans will be in the home end so until the game you should really all stop talking shite and then moan about it afterwards if it bothers you that much

The only thing that bothers me is the total and utter inadequacy of the SFA. I do not have any issue with any Irish fans in the home end, lets face it we do the same a lot of the time whilst abroad.

It is purely the burying their head in the sand approach that the SFA are adopting. No representative, no answers, no clue whatsoever. they are so out of touch it is becoming a total joke!

The only thing that bothers me is the total and utter inadequacy of the SFA. I do not have any issue with any Irish fans in the home end, lets face it we do the same a lot of the time whilst abroad.

It is purely the burying their head in the sand approach that the SFA are adopting. No representative, no answers, no clue whatsoever. they are so out of touch it is becoming a total joke!

AFAIK the FAI only asked for extra when we had already put them on general sale, not sure what else they couldve done so wish everybody would stop moaning at them for it even the Irish are blaming Delaney! Have a moan about the ticket prices but doesnt seem fair to moan at them for this

In Edinburgh airport waiting to go home to Cork.We were in Jock Stein upper, Tartan Army were immense, bedlam when Maloney scored was incredible. Looking forward to the return in Dublin in June, we surely can't be as bad again. Very poor game was lit up by the goal and the atmosphere. Reckon Irish crowd was 7 or 8 thousand, not bad but expected more.

In Edinburgh airport waiting to go home to Cork.We were in Jock Stein upper, Tartan Army were immense, bedlam when Maloney scored was incredible. Looking forward to the return in Dublin in June, we surely can't be as bad again. Very poor game was lit up by the goal and the atmosphere. Reckon Irish crowd was 7 or 8 thousand, not bad but expected more.

Glad you had a good time 7-8 probably fairly accurate, looking forward to Dublin :cheers3:

Is it true the SFA wrote anyone with an Irish address who bought a ticket online that if they showed up in colours they would be denied entry?

If true how can anyone be sure how many they had?

I thought they would be given a decent allocation (10k) with an expectation of one in return. 3k is pretty small for a stadium of that size.

Is it true the SFA wrote anyone with an Irish address who bought a ticket online that if they showed up in colours they would be denied entry?

I thought they would be given a decent allocation (10k) with an expectation of one in return. 3k is pretty small for a stadium of that size.

Ideally but as much as the FAI were slatting us for giving them only 3k did they ever offer us extra for the return or were they just expecting us to give them extra? The SFA might of done a deal for extra tickets if the favour was returned, no point giving them 10k if they then give us the minimum as it is a crucial match.

Irish lass next to us was wearing no colours. You can spot the probable Irish fans from the lack of celebration at the goal. I would estimate there were around 20 or 30 Irish fans wearing colours in our section. Extrapolate that around the stadium and you're looking at another couple of thousand...

Annnnnnd the games a sell out.

As mentioned previously, It was fairly obvious there was going to be a big demand for this game, I'll accept your apologies.

Was just short of a sell out, plus quite a few spare tickets available right up till kick off and a good few thousand Ireland fans in the Scotland end.

If that's your understanding of "big demand" you should apply for a job with the SFA's marketing team cause they're as clueless at yourself.

Saw a few Irish dotted around the home stands here and there. First thing I saw after going through the turnstiles was two guys with green and white scarves on. No 'denied entry' there, which is fair enough.

I also spotted a Belgium flag draped over the trackside wall???

There were 4/5 Belgian guys over for the game and were in the Iron Horse pub and bus. Guess they just love the TAMexperience