Irish Thinking They Will Have A Massive Support At Parkhead - Page 53 - Scotland Home Games - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Irish Thinking They Will Have A Massive Support At Parkhead

andyg83

Sorry to be pedantic but once after I referred to the stadium as 'Parkhead' I was told it was obvious that I was not a Celtic fan as it is actually 'Celtic Park!' I was well and truly telt and have never forgotten that!

I see on this short thread some Irish referring to their national stadium as 'Lansdowne' rather than the 'Aviva!' Liam (my new found friend) is there a story to this?

Aviva Stadium is the official name as they spent 40 million euros for the naming rights. Some of our fans prefer to refer to it as Lansdowne Road. Personally I'm glad they ave the 40 million so happy to call it Aviva and it used to be a rugby stadium anyway. The new stadium has shared ownership between football and rugby.

Didn't realise Parkhead annoyed the Celtic fans. Always knew it as Parkhead.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry to be pedantic but once after I referred to the stadium as 'Parkhead' I was told it was obvious that I was not a Celtic fan as it is actually 'Celtic Park!' I was well and truly telt and have never forgotten that!

I see on this short thread some Irish referring to their national stadium as 'Lansdowne' rather than the 'Aviva!' Liam (my new found friend) is there a story to this?

I'll be at Parkhead and Lansdown for these games.

Anybody who's watching them somewhere else is Mexican.

It is Celtic Park but I don't use that on here in case it marks me out as a Decl@n.

Edited by thplinth

The Belgians brought 9000 but they got a decent allocation and then got extra in the main stand at hampden. Don't know why they gave you so little. I have yet to see an away fan in amongst us at home games though as most don't bring that many

9000? I was there. There wasn't 9000.

From the evening times.

'Intelligence suggested more than 7500 Belgians were expected for the game - more than had bought match tickets.'

Supposedly 2000 watched it in the fanzone so about 5000 Belgians, 10 percent of Hampden.

I've never seen an away fan in with us so this will be new if there's Irish next to me...

I suggest everyone meets up in George Square post-match to debate this out.

We'll start with Free-staters versus Nordies, segue effortlessly into Scottish nationalists versus Scottish unionists, then finish with a grand-finale free-for-all.

Helen can run buses to the local hospitals, and do the catering.

In the end, peace and bonhomie will break out as we all agree it's all the English's fault.

:-)):-)):-))

I always say Landowne Rd. not into this stadium sponsoring nonsense.

From the evening times.

'Intelligence suggested more than 7500 Belgians were expected for the game - more than had bought match tickets.'

Supposedly 2000 watched it in the fanzone so about 5000 Belgians, 10 percent of Hampden.

I've never seen an away fan in with us so this will be new if there's Irish next to me...

There were Germans in the West stand home section last time.

From the evening times.

Normal away section is 5200.

Belgium had a good couple of thousand in South Upper too (plus some in lower unofficially)

I suggest everyone meets up in George Square post-match to debate this out.

We'll start with Free-staters versus Nordies, segue effortlessly into Scottish nationalists versus Scottish unionists, then finish with a grand-finale free-for-all.

Helen can run buses to the local hospitals, and do the catering.

In the end, peace and bonhomie will break out as we all agree it's all the English's fault.

Genuinely lol'd

Wtf?? Ma pal works at the SFA(another debate in itsel) but he telt me that uefa are sending reps over to observe the handling of everything from the gates to crowd control. He only knows as he has been tasked wi looking efter some o them. Apparently uefa no happy wi SFAs handling of some o uefas rules. So to any Irish lads going intae the scotland end I'd maybe keep yer colours hidden if yer serious about getting in.

Personally a canny wait think this gonna be a cracking game. Mon the ALBA.

Wtf?? Ma pal works at the SFA(another debate in itsel) but he telt me that uefa are sending reps over to observe the handling of everything from the gates to crowd control. He only knows as he has been tasked wi looking efter some o them. Apparently uefa no happy wi SFAs handling of some o uefas rules. So to any Irish lads going intae the scotland end I'd maybe keep yer colours hidden if yer serious about getting in.

Personally a canny wait think this gonna be a cracking game. Mon the ALBA.

If true it again highlights the utter incompetence of the SFA. They are clearly not fit for purpose anymore. It would not surprise me in the slightest if we lost hampden as one of the venues for the Euros in 2020!