Sir Alex Ferguson , Never Give In.. - Page 3 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Sir Alex Ferguson , Never Give In..

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 7/5/2021 at 11:01 PM, Big Ramy 1314 said:

ย The bit that disgusted me was when the Rangers directorsย  Asked Fergie, "I understand your wife is a Catholic" Fergie replied "Yes she is". They than asked Fergie "Were you married in a Chapel?". Fergie replies, "No"...ย  Rangers directors reply, "That's ok then".... So Sir Alex Ferguson, tells all inย  the documentary, "I should have told rangers to Fuck off, I let myself down, even more hurtful, I let my wife down"..ย 

Attitudes like that were rife in Scottish society back then, not just at Rangers. Plenty of stories of people having to emigrate because they married someone of a different faith. I'm so glad we've moved on.

Anyway I watched the film on Amazon Prime too and thought it was excellent, some of the old footage of Glasgow especially was fantastic. I'd be a bit miffed if I was a St Mirren or East Stirling fan though, and I don't recall Roy Keane making an appearance ;)

ย 

4 hours ago, Toepoke said:

Attitudes like that were rife in Scottish society back then, not just at Rangers. Plenty of stories of people having to emigrate because they married someone of a different faith. I'm so glad we've moved on.

Anyway I watched the film on Amazon Prime too and thought it was excellent, some of the old footage of Glasgow especially was fantastic. I'd be a bit miffed if I was a St Mirren or East Stirling fan though, and I don't recall Roy Keane making an appearance ;)

ย 

The only time I noticed Keane when there was some narrative about hard decisions to make with him and Beckham featuring there.ย 

6 hours ago, Toepoke said:

'Most' have moved on.

On 7/7/2021 at 3:36 AM, Toepoke said:

ย 

Aye, the old footage was brilliant. I especially liked the bit in the documentary were Alex was talking about some cunt bullying his younger brother..Alex went on to say, "I had a word in the boys ear,ย ย he never bullied my brother again"... ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ‘