Sir Alex Ferguson , Never Give In.. - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Sir Alex Ferguson , Never Give In..

Just watched this documentary on Sir Alex, and I will tell you, I have changed my mind on what I think of him. I never liked him, but seeing what he went through, he is not that bad in my books. The way he was treated at rangers was a bloody disgrace, I never knew any of this. I was also particularly impressed with how he managed Aberdeen in their glory days. Never knew they did not have a proper ground to train on, and he ran some sessions down on the sea coast. He talked alot about his time with Aberdeen. One thing for sure, he was a hard cunt, born in the same district in Glasgow as me.. If you get a chance, watch this program. It's called,  "Sir Alex Ferguson: Never Give In.... He was a boyhood rangers fan, but as you will see in the documentary, not the same feelings now...  Cheers..

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

In the Doc, there is actual footage, its unreal..

The asphalt outside the main stand was a regular training area, alongside the beach and Seaton Park, which were obviously both public areas. 

Until Cormack Park came along, they had to train wherever was available. 

Believe it or not, they were turfed out of banks o’dee (I think) because it was double booked for a female session of some description (or something along those lines), this was in the last 10 years. 

19 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

The asphalt outside the main stand was a regular training area, alongside the beach and Seaton Park, which were obviously both public areas. 

Until Cormack Park came along, they had to train wherever was available. 

Believe it or not, they were turfed out of banks o’dee (I think) because it was double booked for a female session of some description (or something along those lines), this was in the last 10 years. 

Wee Strachan was in the Documentary,  he said they trained at the beach until the tide came in, and they also trained at a local park but had to pick up dug shite before they trained.. Unbeliavable stuff, considering they eventually went on to win a European Cup.. 

40 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Wee Strachan was in the Documentary,  he said they trained at the beach until the tide came in, and they also trained at a local park but had to pick up dug shite before they trained.. Unbeliavable stuff, considering they eventually went on to win a European Cup.. 

It’s just how fitba was for a provincial club. When I was an apprentice, we used to do the maintenance at the Bridge Of Don army barracks, a lot of my time was spent watching them train there. If we had camera phones then, there would be next to no work being done.  If we ever had a cherry picker on site, we would get balls off the roof amd get the (very) occasional kick about with them. Had many a fag with Ebbe Skovdahl in the early noughties. 

More so, this was happening after they won TWO 😉 European trophies 😂😂

Edited by dandydunn

12 hours ago, dandydunn said:

It’s just how fitba was for a provincial club. When I was an apprentice, we used to do the maintenance at the Bridge Of Don army barracks, a lot of my time was spent watching them train there. If we had camera phones then, there would be next to no work being done.  If we ever had a cherry picker on site, we would get balls off the roof amd get the (very) occasional kick about with them. Had many a fag with Ebbe Skovdahl in the early noughties. 

More so, this was happening after they won TWO 😉 European trophies 😂😂

That's brilliant, good memories. Aye ok, 2 European Cups..😉

14 hours ago, Scotty CTA said:

The 'experts' might have had Real Madrid as historical favourites or favourites on paper, but we 'slaughtered them'.

I was 18 at the time, and seem to remember it wasn’t a great shock to anyone that the Dons won. 

6 hours ago, Jim Beem said:

Ferguson stuff on that utter cesspit at Rangers was good to hear but by his own 40 odd years to late. Its not a surprise that club are still dripping in sectarian sludge. 

And u have to turn an alex ferguson thread in to your bigoted thoughts about rangers. Congratulations. 

46 minutes ago, killiefaetheferry said:

😂 It's not bigoted to detest a football club for being steeped in bigotry. But all and sundry know that you know this. 

Of course he knows this. An utter train wreck of a human being and loves the whole sectarian thing, revels in it. There are still loads of them like this. 

3 hours ago, killiefaetheferry said:

😂 It's not bigoted to detest a football club for being steeped in bigotry. But all and sundry know that you know this. 

Just ignore the bellend. He’ll hopefully get fed up soon enough. 

33 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Just ignore the bellend. He’ll hopefully get fed up soon enough. 

I tend to not let it go when the false equivalence is deployed. It feeds the problem and is a horrible but effective hun tactic. Changes the narrative to 'they're as bad as us'. People not familiar with the situation buy it and it results in the Orange bigots getting a pass. my mrs is from Edinburgh and went through her teens mixing in social circles similar to some of the CSC. As a result, thinks football fans are morons. She's the type - normally intelligent and moral people - who will buy into the shite being peddled by RH. It's enabling ongoing ACTUAL bigotry and he can fuck off if he thinks it's going to be let slide on here. I'm calling it out. Please stop it. It's not funny and we can all see what you are doing.

1 hour ago, killiefaetheferry said:

I tend to not let it go when the false equivalence is deployed. It feeds the problem and is a horrible but effective hun tactic. Changes the narrative to 'they're as bad as us'. People not familiar with the situation buy it and it results in the Orange bigots getting a pass. my mrs is from Edinburgh and went through her teens mixing in social circles similar to some of the CSC. As a result, thinks football fans are morons. She's the type - normally intelligent and moral people - who will buy into the shite being peddled by RH. It's enabling ongoing ACTUAL bigotry and he can fuck off if he thinks it's going to be let slide on here. I'm calling it out. Please stop it. It's not funny and we can all see what you are doing.

Never said a sectarian thing on here in my life and don't live my life that way either. Treat everyone as people. Only thing I do on here is stick up for my.club and country and won't be bullied off it. Fell out with a couple of old friends last week who are in the OO. Said that I USED to be a rangers supporter. And killie. What shite am I peddling if you don't mind? I know rangers are hated on this.board and u know that as well. I hate the bigotry that comes with rangers and have stated that many times. But that doesn't seem to count. But will be me peddling shite again? A new guy came on here recently.and got accused of.all.sorts. feck.sake.