Sir Alex Ferguson , Never Give In.. - Page 2 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Sir Alex Ferguson , Never Give In..

another thread derailed by the usual suspect wallowing in his favoured go to discussion on bigotry. 

As for SAF, if I were to have a criticism of him and some similar standing Scottish "legends" is that I always wonder if they should be doing more in their latter career for the game back here. There is of course no obligation to do so and you see them pop back up from time to time but would love someone like SAF or whoever, after a long and successful career managing elsewhere, to come back and manage a Scottish club, or be Director of Football or something. 

I know the ambition may not be there, or the will after you have managed so long at a high level, but I look at it like a successful player returning to their home club for a final season. Wish would see more older successful Scottish managers do that from time to time. 

Moyes to Dunfermline!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, killiefaetheferry said:

The shite that you are peddling is that criticism/dislike/hatred of 'Rangers' is bigotry. Rangers or support of Rangers is not a religion or a race or any other type of protected charrteristic. So gonnae give it a rest? You're an intelligent man, grow up.

Would you not stand up for your team? Rangers are not a bigoted club anymore.  They were of course. I would be willing to bet that they.have more Catholic players including the manager. But the vast majority of the support remain stuck in the past. Not much we or I can do about that I am.afraid and the rift between rangers and Scotland fans truly saddens me. Its good to have a debate without mud slinging though.

I'll repeat for the sake of clarity. Criticising Rangers or expressing dislike of them is not bigotry. Your constant accusations of bigotry when people on here comment negatively on Rangers is not acceptable. You are perpetuating the problem and enabling those who revel in anti-Catholic sectarianism by making false claims of bigotry. It's dangerous and reckless of you.

Edited by killiefaetheferry

4 minutes ago, killiefaetheferry said:

I'll repeat for the sake of clarity. Criticising Rangers or expressing dislike of them is not bigotry. Your constant accusations of bigotry when people on here comment negatively on Rangers is not acceptable. You are perpetuating the problem and enabling those who revel in anti-Catholic sectarianism by making false claims of bigotry. It's dangerous and reckless of you.

Ok. I will go with that. So why do people hate rangers on here? Answer that and I will shut up killie.

People hate Rangers because they have a massive amount of sectarian, bigot thugs in their support. The actual organisation have a history of anti-Irish and anti-Catholic sectarianism, including not employing Catholics until the 80's. The current manifestation pander to the support, who still sing the same old songs and who still riot on a regularl basis. That's why.

2 hours ago, killiefaetheferry said:

The shite that you are peddling is that criticism/dislike/hatred of 'Rangers' is bigotry. Rangers or support of Rangers is not a religion or a race or any other type of protected characteristic. So gonnae give it a rest? You're an intelligent man, grow up.

He's not. 🤣

Wow, this thread took a turn. RH, I take it tou have not seen the documentary. The bit that disgusted me was when the Rangers directors  Asked Fergie, "I understand your wife is a Catholic" Fergie replied "Yes she is". They than asked Fergie "Were you married in a Chapel?". Fergie replies, "No"...  Rangers directors reply, "That's ok then".... So Sir Alex Ferguson, tells all in  the documentary, "I should have told rangers to Fuck off, I let myself down, even more hurtful, I let my wife down".. This is the greatest football manager of all time talking about his boyhood heroes, well, not anymore. Pull yir fuckin head out the sand RH,  it's a disgrace...... Its pure bigotry...

8 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Wow, this thread took a turn. RH, I take it tou have not seen the documentary. The bit that disgusted me was when the Rangers directors  Asked Fergie, "I understand your wife is a Catholic" Fergie replied "Yes she is". They than asked Fergie "Were you married in a Chapel?". Fergie replies, "No"...  Rangers directors reply, "That's ok then".... So Sir Alex Ferguson, tells all in  the documentary, "I should have told rangers to Fuck off, I let myself down, even more hurtful, I let my wife down".. This is the greatest football manager of all time talking about his boyhood heroes, well, not anymore. Pull yir fuckin head out the sand RH,  it's a disgrace...... Its pure bigotry...

Hi ramy. Haent seen but would like to and will..  look we all know rangers and what they were like. No one can deny that and I have heard ferguson saying that.  All I amsyimg. Is that rangers jhave made.great strides to get rid of bigotry within the club. The support is diggferent and club can't  change that. And killie. I am hopeless at pub quiz nights!!!

21 hours ago, killiefaetheferry said:

People hate Rangers because they have a massive amount of sectarian, bigot thugs in their support. The actual organisation have a history of anti-Irish and anti-Catholic sectarianism, including not employing Catholics until the 80's. The current manifestation pander to the support, who still sing the same old songs and who still riot on a regular basis. 

Do you do t-shirts?

Killie. Do u ever slate celtic for being as bad. Jock stein. Their greatest manager in history got treated like a fool by the board because he was a protestant. But u don't seem to mention celtic here for some reason. Have a wee Google and see what job the celric board offered jock stein. A job in the celtic pools. But you won't get yourself or ramy coming on here about that. ??? But stand on. It is all about the Rangeea here.

37 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Killie. Do u ever slate celtic for being as bad. Jock stein. Their greatest manager in history got treated like a fool by the board because he was a protestant. But u don't seem to mention celtic here for some reason. Have a wee Google and see what job the celric board offered jock stein. A job in the celtic pools. But you won't get yourself or ramy coming on here about that. ??? But stand on. It is all about the Rangeea here.

Jesus Christ. Everytime someone mentions rangers, you have to drag Celtic or Aberdeen or whomever into it. This thread is not about Celtic, it's about a documentary on SAF, and partly how he was treated by rangers FC.. Deflect, deflect,  deflect. That's all you do....

55 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Killie. Do u ever slate celtic for being as bad.

😂 They are,  and never have been, 'as bad' as your lot. Plenty wrong with them, and a minority of their supporters, but here you are trying to slide in the false equivalence again. Quelle surprise. I'm sure in your universe that me saying they're not as bad makes me an anti-Rangers bigot 😂

25 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Jesus Christ. Everytime someone mentions rangers, you have to drag Celtic or Aberdeen or whomever into it. This thread is not about Celtic, it's about a documentary on SAF, and partly how he was treated by rangers FC.. Deflect, deflect,  deflect. That's all you do....

Unnecessary to take the Lord's name in vain, Ramy.

Thank you in advance.