What's Worse? - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

What's Worse?

Caledonian Craig

30 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

I meant qualify for the tournament. 

Yeah mate got that - my point wasn't disagreeing but more after our 1st game in 23 years at a major tournament we are where we are.  Whatever happens from here really need to take some positive out of it for me.  If we get two humpings could go back to the days of folk pulling out of camps again.

I agree. I'm disappointed with the result but not the performance. I'm trying to avoid the negativity.  I believe we can still qualify.

Most likely we will need to get 3pts against Croatia and hope results go our way. If we managed to get 4 pts (possible but will need two huge performances and a bit of luck) this will almost certainly be enough. 

17 hours ago, Taylor1996 said:

We all knew that a certain demographic(s) were rooting for the Czechs, and will be rooting for England and Croatia. It's not new. I'm of a vintage that remembers Ian Ferguson saying to a Scotland team mate "Don't applause those dickheads" (not verbatum) So theres a history of Scots not supporting our fans or/and our team.

As for social media, it gives opinion to the people whose opinion isn't worth consideration. One of the reasons I'm not on it.

The positives? They're jealous. We're there. We're rubbing shoulders with the glitterati of football and they want to spoil it for us.

The people of the TAMB might bicker and argue like cat and dog, but it's times like this, when our backs are to the wall, that they must be as one... and support each other as well as Steve Clarke and the Scotland squad and everyone involved with them

Was Ian ferguson not playing for Scotland that day? I was standing next to the dickheads who were shouting utterly terrible abuse to the players. I told them myself to shut the fuck up. The same at parkhead when m allister was getting bood. But the word 'demographics' has now come in to play i see. And it all comes down to Ian gerguson being a rangers player. Were you at that game?

1 minute ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Was Ian ferguson not playing for Scotland that day? I was standing next to the dickheads who were shouting utterly terrible abuse to the players. I told them myself to shut the fuck up. The same at parkhead when m allister was getting bood. But the word 'demographics' has now come in to play i see. And it all comes down to Ian gerguson being a rangers player. Were you at that game?

I was. And he was right to say what he said. He was bitterly disappointed as a player and the pricks that were slating all the players got quickly told to shut up. I would have said the same if I were ferguson. No Scotland player goes out without trying. And he certainly did that day. But agendas on here are agendas. What demographic am I?

20 hours ago, Orraloon said:

Aye, that game could have finished 5-5 or anything in between. They took two of their chances and we didn't take any. If Robertson hadn't missed that sitter early on, the game might have turned out very different? He was our best player yesterday, and if our best player can't hit a barn door from 20 yards then we are always going to struggle to win games.

Just to be completely fair, he did hit the barn door. Unfortunately there was a coo standing in front of it that tipped it over the bar. 

Apologies for taking this a bit off topic, however the thread title 'What's Worse?' got me thinking about the guy next to me, 4 seats away

Stumbled in, bundled past me, managed to splash my leg with vomit, then spent the entire match with his head in his hands covered by a saltire vomiting periodically

That takes a certain kind of special for a Monday afternoon KO, as well as no tournament football for 23 years

25 minutes ago, Marky said:

Just to be completely fair, he did hit the barn door. Unfortunately there was a coo standing in front of it that tipped it over the bar. 

Aye the keeper did get a touch on it but i think it was going over the bar anyway. Might have hit the bar maybe? But he didn't need to blast it like he did. All he needed to do was pass it into the net either side of the goalie. Just slot it into the bottom corner. The main thing in that situation is to keep the ball down as it gives the keeper less chance to get to it. You don't blast it straight at the middle of the goal where the keeper is standing. It was a sitter and he should never have missed it.

2 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

Aye the keeper did get a touch on it but i think it was going over the bar anyway. Might have hit the bar maybe? But he didn't need to blast it like he did. All he needed to do was pass it into the net either side of the goalie. Just slot it into the bottom corner. The main thing in that situation is to keep the ball down as it gives the keeper less chance to get to it. You don't blast it straight at the middle of the goal where the keeper is standing. It was a sitter and he should never have missed it.

He had a very similar chance against Serbia in the playoff and did exactly the same thing.

Thankfully it didn't cost us that night.

21 minutes ago, Redz said:

Apologies for taking this a bit off topic, however the thread title 'What's Worse?' got me thinking about the guy next to me, 4 seats away

Stumbled in, bundled past me, managed to splash my leg with vomit, then spent the entire match with his head in his hands covered by a saltire vomiting periodically

That takes a certain kind of special for a Monday afternoon KO, as well as no tournament football for 23 years

2ZB.gif