Jack Hendry - Page 4 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Jack Hendry

Taylor1996

6 minutes ago, Blantyre_Braveheart said:

He does, if he rejects the contract then he stays at Celtic. Would he though? He is hated and derided by Celtic fans and played out of position. I'm not sure he'd want to go back to that.

Possibly not...but stranger things have happened. 

Also, if there is interest from teams like Villa, he might prefer to try and make that happen.

On 3/10/2021 at 12:13 AM, Scot1 said:

If McTominay is moved to midfield who between Hanley and Hendry should take the vacant right-centre halve spot?

I hope McTominay moves into Midfield 

Grant Hanley having a great season with Norwich, flying high and certain of promotion to the Premiership but there is a But!
Having watched a couple of Norwich games on Sky and he is a very good centre half and commands aerial balls but IMO isn’t the most mobile. 
Haven’t seen any footage of Jack Hendry this season, but there is a lot of good talk about him. 
I say call him up for these Qualifiers and allow Steve Clarke to get a better look at him. 
Also, to add I’ve watched several Reading games and have to say I’m impressed with Tom McIntyre and an ever present for Reading this season with many saying a future Captain of the Club. 

How many centre halves can/would Steve Clarke call up? 

Grant Hanley, Declan Gallagher, Andy Considine, Scott McKenna, Liam Cooper,

Jack Hendry, Tom McIntyre ?? 

1 hour ago, broraboy said:

I hope McTominay moves into Midfield 

Grant Hanley having a great season with Norwich, flying high and certain of promotion to the Premiership but there is a But!
Having watched a couple of Norwich games on Sky and he is a very good centre half and commands aerial balls but IMO isn’t the most mobile. 
Haven’t seen any footage of Jack Hendry this season, but there is a lot of good talk about him. 
I say call him up for these Qualifiers and allow Steve Clarke to get a better look at him. 
Also, to add I’ve watched several Reading games and have to say I’m impressed with Tom McIntyre and an ever present for Reading this season with many saying a future Captain of the Club. 

How many centre halves can/would Steve Clarke call up? 

Grant Hanley, Declan Gallagher, Andy Considine, Scott McKenna, Liam Cooper,

Jack Hendry, Tom McIntyre ?? 

Tough decision but Considine shouldn't be in the squad.  I'm not sure McKenna will be either because he's not played much lately.

I'd call up Gallagher, Cooper, Hanley and Hendry.  Likely KT and McTominay will also be options at CB - that is plenty.

I’d go for Cooper, Hendry, McKenna, Gallagher, along with McTominay and Tierney as the 6 CB choices. Agree that Considine isn’t good enough, and I just think Hanley is a disaster for us, regardless of his club form. 

We will most likely play McTominay Gallagher Tierney, and have Hendry Cooper McKenna as almost like for like replacements. 

7 minutes ago, PASTA Mick said:

Tough decision but Considine shouldn't be in the squad.  I'm not sure McKenna will be either because he's not played much lately.

I'd call up Gallagher, Cooper, Hanley and Hendry.  Likely KT and McTominay will also be options at CB - that is plenty.

Agreed.

Definitely too early for McKenna. He's not even starting for his club yet.

1 hour ago, PASTA Mick said:

Mckenna played and captained his team last week. He is back and will likely be picked for the next squad. 

1 minute ago, vanderark14 said:

Mckenna played and captained his team last week. He is back and will likely be picked for the next squad. 

I saw that.  I'm not too bothered either way.  I rate him about as highly as the other options in his position.

Personally, I'd use this as an opportunity to bring Hendry back in but it's not one I'll be too upset about. 

3 minutes ago, PASTA Mick said:

I saw that.  I'm not too bothered either way.  I rate him about as highly as the other options in his position.

Personally, I'd use this as an opportunity to bring Hendry back in but it's not one I'll be too upset about. 

Is Hendry right or left sided?

35 minutes ago, PASTA Mick said:

He's been playing in the middle of the 3 in Belgium. 

Thanks 

Clarke has spoken about balance of the team, I hope hendry can.playmon the right of the three to let mctominay move forward

2 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Thanks 

Clarke has spoken about balance of the team, I hope hendry can.playmon the right of the three to let mctominay move forward

It will be interesting to see what he does. 

I think KT will be in the three. I'd then have Hendry and one of Hanley or Gallagher. 

3 minutes ago, PASTA Mick said:

It is good to see him called up especially as we seem reluctant to pick players playing outside Scotland or England.

Definitely.

Which makes the exclusion of Gauld even more strange.

Gauld must be gutted. He's been his club's main man this season, punching above their weight. 

Not sure what he has to do to get into the squad.

1 minute ago, Taylor1996 said:

Definitely.

Which makes the exclusion of Gauld even more strange.

Gauld must be gutted. He's been his club's main man this season, punching above their weight. 

Not sure what he has to do to get into the squad.

Move to Norwich? 

8 minutes ago, PASTA Mick said:

It will be interesting to see what he does. 

I think KT will be in the three. I'd then have Hendry and one of Hanley or Gallagher. 

Hendry, Cooper, Tierney for me..if hendry flops before the euros get gallagher back in.