Lyndon Dykes - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Lyndon Dykes

er yir macaroon

On 11/13/2020 at 5:51 PM, Rab The Crab said:

He just fits into our system so well and is an absolute joy to watch.

Its hilarious to read QPR fans on Twitter slagging him off and saying he should be binned after 9 games.

Looking at his stats so far for QPR he could well be binned, seems like he is another player that we have who might be far better suited by our formation than the one at his club

6 hours ago, SkyBlueScot said:

Had a read of a QPR forum and the consensus seems to be that they are not using him right, rather than thinking he's useless. From the one game I saw he was completely isolated 

Definitely using him wrong, but I am not sure that QPR would see him as good enough to change their formation to suit.

• 2 months later...

Been interested to see what QPR fans think of our number one striker...

https://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/general/qpr-fans/2550363-lyndon-dykes-21-games-in

Some scathing remarks. I don't care, though, as long as he's performing for Scotland. I do blame Warburton, though, he's very much the English John Hughes, where style is given more importance than substance.

13 minutes ago, Taylor1996 said:

Been interested to see what QPR fans think of our number one striker...

https://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/general/qpr-fans/2550363-lyndon-dykes-21-games-in

Some scathing remarks. I don't care, though, as long as he's performing for Scotland. I do blame Warburton, though, he's very much the English John Hughes, where style is given more importance than substance.

Read the same guff about Faddy years ago. Everton fans never fully took to him despite him being excellent for Scotland. He was never truly a first pick for Everton despite him scoring some cracking (and very important) goals. More often than not he turned it on for Scotland though, which was all we cared about really. 

I’d be quite happy if Dykes career took a similar path. 

Edited by McTeeko

25 minutes ago, McTeeko said:

Read the same guff about Faddy years ago. Everton fans never fully took to him despite him being excellent for Scotland. He was never truly a first pick for Everton despite him scoring some cracking (and very important) goals. More often than not he turned it on for Scotland though, which was all we cared about really. 

If you remember David Healy was less than stellar for his clubs but scored nearly every game for Northern Ireland.

38 minutes ago, McTeeko said:

Very true.

We all know what David Moyes is like, or was like. He was a very pragmatic manager, McFadden always seemed stifled when he played for them. Didn't stop him from providing a few bits of magic, though.

Same. 

14 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

If you remember David Healy was less than stellar for his clubs but scored nearly every game for Northern Ireland.

True. Was thinking the same.

Being the doom merchant that I am, I'm worried what will happen if he gets injured. The thought of relying on McBurnie fills me with terror!