Euro 2020 tickets - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Euro 2020 tickets

dezmondo

Does anyone know whether the SSC will use the current system to distribute tickets? 

I found these T&Cs but they are out of date.  

9. Irrespective of when the Contract is entered into, the Membership Period will be 1 January 2018 until 31
December 2019 inclusive. 

These T&Cs don't cover tickets at finals. 

I guess the question I'm asking, is whether they could / would change it to something like (and I'm using completely random numbers as an example so they almost certainly won't fit).

• Members on 14+ points can get tickets for all 3 matches.
  • Members on 6-13 points can get tickets for 2 of the 3 matches.
  • Members on 0-5 points can get a ticket for 1 of the 3 matches. 

I'm not sure how they did it in 96 or 98 and am aware it is a different club to the STC which will have organised the tickets back then. 

1 hour ago, mariokempes56 said:

Question.  Why would Russia want to host it if no fans? No financial benefit to them at all, just costs. 

Presumably UEFA would give Russia a bung. 

They could also allow a limited number of local people into games depending on Covid restrictions in Russia at the time. 

To be honest though I think UEFA would only move it to one country as a last resort. They have already denied it is happening although they are not ruling anything out. 

The US lead Moderna vaccine now showing that it is likely to pass stage 3 trials, this is good news with regards to returning to normal by next summer and having fans in the stadiums. If the Oxford vaccine follows suit in the next few weeks then I think things will be looking a whole lot better by next spring 😃

7 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

Presumably UEFA would give Russia a bung. 

They could also allow a limited number of local people into games depending on Covid restrictions in Russia at the time. 

To be honest though I think UEFA would only move it to one country as a last resort. They have already denied it is happening although they are not ruling anything out. 

Goodness.  UEFA, bungs and Russia in same sentence? Surely not. 

2 hours ago, mariokempes56 said:

Question.  Why would Russia want to host it if no fans? No financial benefit to them at all, just costs. 

Political. Russia has just been banned from Olympics, and Putin getting some flack for that. Makes Russia look good domestically on the world stage.