Is Dr Who Getting A Bit - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Is Dr Who Getting A Bit

pish???

I think Peter Capaldi is excellent in the role and Jenna Coleman is gorgeous but, the latest storylines have been really crap. The one about the moon being an egg WTF??? And this weeks mummy on the orient express was OK but with a really pish ending.

Is it just me or is it getting really pish despite the main actors being the best for a while?

It was interesting when they brought it back for a bit, but it's definitely a case of over exposure. I don't think I've watched it since David Tennant was the Doc.

My mate's an old Dr Who buff who rages at the current shows but my answer to him is it's essentially kids tv and he remembers it being better in the 70s because he was a kid then, simple as that.

Edited by Toepoke

It was worse in the 70s and 80s, we just liked it because we were wee. If anything it is better now. Didn't like Peter Capaldi at first but he is growing on me. He needs a new assistant however and there needs to be a bit more of a story arc in the series - so far, just the odd hint.

But yeah, it's just a kids programme.

I've watched all of the new ones with the exception of this week's and like someone says above the story lines have been dire. Capaldi is a decent actor and he's obviously trying to stamp his own charector on the part. If he keeps getting writing like he's had so far then I'd think he'd be off after a season a la Eccleston, whom incidentally for me has been the best Who since Baker.

Guest BlueGaz

It's shite and it always has been.

It's as much part of the BBC's stream of flag waving Britishness as that bakery pish or that "Great British Mountains" show they put on with 8 hills, 2 of which were in Scotland

It's unionist dogshit.

Dr Who is unionist. Hahaha. Just when you think the TAMB couldn't get anymore bizarre....

It's shite and it always has been.

It's as much part of the BBC's stream of flag waving Britishness as that bakery pish or that "Great British Mountains" show they put on with 8 hills, 2 of which were in Scotland

It's unionist dogshit.

dr who in union conspiracy latest

bundles of yes votes being jettisoned in upturned daleks

ex ter min ate

gordon brown the new davros

Dr Who is unionist. Hahaha. Just when you think the TAMB couldn't get anymore bizarre....

It's implicitly unionist.

There's always Union Jacks and shots of Westminster on the go.

In the same way that "Dragon's Den" and "The Apprentice" are part of the BBC force feeding capitalism masquerading as entertainment, "Doctor Who" and the whole glut of BBC programming in the last 2 years with "Great British" in the title is part of the BBC surreptitiously shoving Britishness and unionism down people's throats.

This is how The Times described it

"as thrilling and as loved as Jolene, or bread and cheese, or honeysuckle, or Friday. It's quintessential to being British."

"Doctor Who" is to the BBC and Britishness what "24" is to Fox and the USA.

Glossy big budget agenda pushing shite.