Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Parsno1

final

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

Wizzair flight to Belgrade now been cancelled. Excellent customer service. They have given me the choice of changing to another flight for up to 60 days after the original departure date, a full refund, or 120% of the flight back in wizzair credits to use up to 2 years after the original departure date.

I am tempted to go with that final option just to give them the business again and help their cash flow but I am a bit concerned the impact all this is having on airlines . They might not be here in a years time .  

The first option might not be possible; will everything be back to normal within 60 days?

Who knows, but a lot of people would say it wont be over by then (one of my colleagues has even cancelled her June wedding, which I personally think is a ridiculous decision at this stage).

 

Re. your last point. I agree with you and think that would be a good thing to do, but if they did collapse, was the airfare low enough for you to write-off? 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Rich NATA said:

The first option might not be possible; will everything be back to normal within 60 days?

Who knows, but a lot of people would say it wont be over by then (one of my colleagues has even cancelled her June wedding, which I personally think is a ridiculous decision at this stage).

 

Re. your last point. I agree with you and think that would be a good thing to do, but if they did collapse, was the airfare low enough for you to write-off? 

 

It was about £250 for both of us so probably worth taking the risk if it helps a company survive. Coincidentally about a month ago I remember reading that Wizzair had a really profitable year last year, so hopefully they are in a better financial position than some.
Also, I could never tire of going to Budapest so could easily use them again. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wizzair have a bad reputation for changing flight times close to departure.

My outbound and inward from Cyprus were amended which totally screwed me for the connections with Easyjet and it cost me to book alternatives.

This happened once before with them and I for one would never book with them again as it is too much of a risk.

Sorry but they are unreliable in my book.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Rich NATA said:

The first option might not be possible; will everything be back to normal within 60 days?

Who knows, but a lot of people would say it wont be over by then (one of my colleagues has even cancelled her June wedding, which I personally think is a ridiculous decision at this stage).

 

Re. your last point. I agree with you and think that would be a good thing to do, but if they did collapse, was the airfare low enough for you to write-off? 

 

Gd luck trying to get the refund!!!? The link they have sent me for the refund option requires the combined talents of a contestant’s mental and analytical skills that are required for a Krypton Factor, Mastermind and University Challenge combined winner!!!!! As stated elsewhere make Ryanair look like an A+++++ company re customer service!!! Link sent is deliberately complicated to make you give in and take the 120% cash point credit!!! Have had 3 other flights cancelled with EasyJet and cancellation a simple one click option with payment back to original card within 5 to 7 days!! Currently looking up my Iban and Swift bank account details c*****!! Lol 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

It was about £250 for both of us so probably worth taking the risk if it helps a company survive. Coincidentally about a month ago I remember reading that Wizzair had a really profitable year last year, so hopefully they are in a better financial position than some.
Also, I could never tire of going to Budapest so could easily use them again. 

I've just remembered...

 

Wizz charged me 30 Euros for a real check-in back in December.

Real as opposed to online.

 

Get your money back.

 

F*ck 'em.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wee tip for ryanair refund.....on drop down menu select ryanair FR, as opposed to ryanair UK, worked for me,good luck.

Just waiting on SAS now, but booked that thru expedia, and i have just found out , not ATOL protected for flight only.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is anyone booked via KLM? My flight for next Sunday hasn’t been cancelled yet. Looking at their website it looks like they won’t be offering a refund in any case and it will be a voucher or rebook for a future date. Not ideal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Rich NATA said:

I've just remembered...

 

Wizz charged me 30 Euros for a real check-in back in December.

Real as opposed to online.

 

Get your money back.

 

F*ck 'em.

😁 I hedged my bets and took the refund on one return flight and credits on another ( they were separate bookings) 

I found the refund quite straightforward , though i work in a bank so iban and swift codes aren't an alien concept to me . 
I have used Wizzair twice before and they have been fine, but if someone  gets a shit experience I can understand why they would rate them poorly. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

😁 I hedged my bets and took the refund on one return flight and credits on another ( they were separate bookings) 

I found the refund quite straightforward , though i work in a bank so iban and swift codes aren't an alien concept to me . 
I have used Wizzair twice before and they have been fine, but if someone  gets a shit experience I can understand why they would rate them poorly. 

 

Those codes  will be alien to a few, I’ve sorted mine but what’s annoying is that the link / email  clearly states that you can have the money back to the card you paid from and that’s a blatant lie! To be honest based on what’s happening and more importantly what’s coming our way soon it’s not that important, but we’re Scottish and need to have something to moan about!! Lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought I had booked directly with Norwegian, but realised only a couple of days ago, my outbound one-way flight (London-Oslo-Belgrade) was booked on lastminute.com and not directly with the airline.

 

Not sure if this will turn out to be better or not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not expecting anything back from Ryanair for about 4 weeks. 

Ryanair was a breeze compared to trying to get a refund from Easyjet. I finally spoke to customer services today, and although I went through the refund process with the person on the phone, I have no confidence that I'll ever see that refund (even tho they said it was done). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/22/2020 at 11:43 AM, ross040386 said:

Is anyone booked via KLM? My flight for next Sunday hasn’t been cancelled yet. Looking at their website it looks like they won’t be offering a refund in any case and it will be a voucher or rebook for a future date. Not ideal

Just had my klm flight cancelled only being offered a voucher, will have good dig through the t and c’s  before accepting it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Terry Munro said:

Our easyjet flight to London on Sunday was still going ahead despite the lockdown so best we could get was a free date change

Criminal what they are doing! Try and book  it! I bet it won’t be there! We’ve still got live flights to Berlin on Sunday but if you try and book they are not available! So they have cancelled them not told you YET and are looking for you to rebook do they don’t need to refund them! I’ll bet our flights will appear as cancelled on Friday or Saturday helps to reduce refunds. It’s like a game of chicken to see who flinches first! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, macwomble said:

Criminal what they are doing! Try and book  it! I bet it won’t be there! We’ve still got live flights to Berlin on Sunday but if you try and book they are not available! So they have cancelled them not told you YET and are looking for you to rebook do they don’t need to refund them! I’ll bet our flights will appear as cancelled on Friday or Saturday helps to reduce refunds. It’s like a game of chicken to see who flinches first! 

Aye just said the same to VA on another thread. Regretting rebooking now

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That’s my SAS (to Oslo) and Norwegian (to Belgrade) flights both cancelled. Asked through their website to follow instructions to get a refund. See what happens. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Terry Munro said:

Our easyjet flight to London on Sunday was still going ahead despite the lockdown so best we could get was a free date change

I was going to london on sunday night with easy jet.Surely,all flights  must be cancelled and refunded.You can hardly walk in the street now,never mind sitting virtually on top of each other on a plane.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, thesaint said:

I was going to london on sunday night with easy jet.Surely,all flights  must be cancelled and refunded.You can hardly walk in the street now,never mind sitting virtually on top of each other on a plane.

They are cancelled but they're not telling you yet!!!!! 

Easyjet Fight Status

All flights listed up to Friday here at present, likely to move forward to Saturday tomorrow.

It will go to cancelled and its simple then to get a refund.

It will take 5 to 6 days have had 4 flights refunded already no problem.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, macwomble said:

They are cancelled but they're not telling you yet!!!!! 

Easyjet Fight Status

All flights listed up to Friday here at present, likely to move forward to Saturday tomorrow.

It will go to cancelled and its simple then to get a refund.

It will take 5 to 6 days have had 4 flights refunded already no problem.

 

That’s our Sunday flights just cancelled and refund requested! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, macwomble said:

That’s our Sunday flights just cancelled and refund requested! 

I picked this up from someone on another thread last night so checked my Easyjet flights . I was flying to luton on Saturday night then back from luton on 1 apr. After reading about it i looked up my flights and as you say they have cancelled it and not told me. I get screeds of fookin emails from them asking me if i want to book my seat , extra baggage blah blah but nothing to say the bloody flight has been cancelled.   
Its ridiculous. I am glad it has been cancelled as i had thought i had lost the money but i would never have known had someone hadnt mentioned it. I am going to apply for a refund today. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, macwomble said:

That’s our Sunday flights just cancelled and refund requested! 

Went to the site and my sunday flight  to london on easy jet has been cancelled.It says you can change flight or get a refund.Is there somewhere you click on to get the refund.I can't seem to see anything.cheer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, thesaint said:

Went to the site and my sunday flight  to london on easy jet has been cancelled.It says you can change flight or get a refund.Is there somewhere you click on to get the refund.I can't seem to see anything.cheer

I tried calling the customer service centre and it just cuts you off after telling you to go online. But when you go online it tells you to call the centre for a refund. It is atrocious. I realise they must be bombarded but that is shocking. Wizzair were a doddle compared to this.

I eventually filled in a form and sent it though they said it could take up to 28 days to get back to me. Even filling that was a joke. They asked for your booking reference, mine started with a K but it wouldnt let me submit it. They said it has to start with an H or the number 1. The second number on my reference was number 1 so i removed the K . Nope, wouldn't let me submit it,  I eventually had to remove the booking reference completely . Very frustrating to do on an iphone. 
If anyone  has an easyjet contact number other than the standard one would be much appreciated. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone know how you apply for a refund with easyjet…..all I can see in "Manage Booking" area is how to change your flight which is no good to me. There does not seem to be a "get refund" option.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

I picked this up from someone on another thread last night so checked my Easyjet flights . I was flying to luton on Saturday night then back from luton on 1 apr. After reading about it i looked up my flights and as you say they have cancelled it and not told me. I get screeds of fookin emails from them asking me if i want to book my seat , extra baggage blah blah but nothing to say the bloody flight has been cancelled.   
Its ridiculous. I am glad it has been cancelled as i had thought i had lost the money but i would never have known had someone hadnt mentioned it. I am going to apply for a refund today. 

You think I still have a case for asking for a refund despite rebooking for November? I only done that on the understanding that the flight was going ahead.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  



×
×
  • Create New...