Coronavirus - Page 295 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Coronavirus

Just found out I have an appointment for second jab at SSE, no letter only thanks to digging on https://vacs.nhs.scot/csp  - which is an absolutely dire website - you would think "check if you have an appointment" would be the first thing there. And I mainly only know about that website's existence thanks to this forum - so thanks folks.

Big jump in the positive percentage today lets hope it's an artifact of bank holiday weekend.

Also amount in hospital jumped over 20% this weekend as well as ICU number, still small numbers though.

Edited by phart

On 5/30/2021 at 7:32 AM, phart said:

It's very regional. Some places in England are going up like Scotland but it's going down everywhere else so dilutes it.

This is 7 day average for England

E2kGtpuWYAUgx_u?format=png&name=small

Starting to spiral out of control fast with regards to cases. Let's hope the vaccine is effective.

4 hours ago, Lobey said:

Just found out I have an appointment for second jab at SSE, no letter only thanks to digging on https://vacs.nhs.scot/csp - which is an absolutely dire website - you would think "check if you have an appointment" would be the first thing there. And I mainly only know about that website's existence thanks to this forum - so thanks folks.

The appointment letter had a link to take to right there. It is amazing how few people noticed this but I suppose it isn't really clear that you can use it for this purpose as it just says it is for changing your appointment so most people wouldn't have bothered and seen that it was going to given you advanced warning of your second.

1 hour ago, Lamia said:

The appointment letter had a link to take to right there. It is amazing how few people noticed this but I suppose it isn't really clear that you can use it for this purpose as it just says it is for changing your appointment so most people wouldn't have bothered and seen that it was going to given you advanced warning of your second.

I swear mine didn't and I was actually looking for such a thing. No one else that I work with or family were aware of it either. Especially as it was supposed to have the username on it -  a mix of initials plus numbers. Don't have it anymore so can't check to be 100%, but I was expecting and looking for something like that on it.

3 minutes ago, Lobey said:

I swear mine didn't and I was actually looking for such a thing. No one else that I work with or family were aware of it either. Especially as it was supposed to have the username on it -  a mix of initials plus numbers. Don't have it anymore so can't check to be 100%, but I was expecting and looking for something like that on it.

If you don't have the username, you can also retrieve it online.

I got my first jag at the start of the year before they started giving people usernames. When it came time for my second jag, I had to phone up the hotline to get my appointment details. I never did receive the letter about my second jag.

When they announced the functionality to download your vaccine certificate a few weeks back, I was able to retrieve my login details directly via the website. That enabled me to log in, see my appointment history and also download the certificate.

1 hour ago, Lobey said:

It was on the back - if it wasn't printed then the text would have been there to indicate it was missing as I very much doubt the letters are not standard. 

958170DA-4DF9-4CF8-AA37-050B37437078_1_201_a.jpeg

2 hours ago, Lamia said:

It was on the back - if it wasn't printed then the text would have been there to indicate it was missing as I very much doubt the letters are not standard. 

958170DA-4DF9-4CF8-AA37-050B37437078_1_201_a.jpeg

But you need to have a letter to get that username. Lots of people don't have the letter.

I eventually found that you could retrieve the username via the vaccine passport website but it's not an obvious route to go down.

Yup, I had to go the "retrieve password" route - also my letter wasn't in one of the "blue" envelopes that I believe have become standard now - just a bog standard white one. So I think there has been some variance in what was sent out at different times.

Anyway, if in doubt check the website :)

40 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

Meanwhile the State of Victoria is in the middle of a full lockdown. They have had 54 cases in the past week.

https://www.reuters.com/world/asia-pacific/australias-victoria-state-reports-9-new-locally-acquired-covid-19-cases-2021-05-31/

The one problem with them being so succesful is there is no natural immunity and these new variants are so much more transmissable than the previous iterations.

Also with a possible R0 of 6 it takes Wuhan style lockdowns to get r number down to below 1.

15 hours ago, Orraloon said:

But you need to have a letter to get that username. Lots of people don't have the letter.

I know - I was just referring to the post about it not being on the letter

15 hours ago, Lobey said:

Yup, I had to go the "retrieve password" route - also my letter wasn't in one of the "blue" envelopes that I believe have become standard now - just a bog standard white one. So I think there has been some variance in what was sent out at different times.

Anyway, if in doubt check the website :)

Ah I didn't realise you were at the very start pre-blue envelope. That makes sense now 👍

5 hours ago, Lamia said:

Ah I didn't realise you were at the very start pre-blue envelope. That makes sense now 👍

For those of us in the early white envelope batch, the follow-up blue envelope letters for the second jag didn't have the login details either.

I got a white envelope for jag number one. It didnt have a username and I never actually received a second letter - I had to phone the helpline to find out my appointment details.

My wee maw was also in the initial batch that got a white letter. It didnt have a username and although she did receive a blue envelope for her second jag, it didnt have a username either.

We were both subsequently able to get a username when they released the functionality to download your vaccine certificate a few weeks ago.

11 hours ago, tartandon said:

For those of us in the early white envelope batch, the follow-up blue envelope letters for the second jag didn't have the login details either.

I got a white envelope for jag number one. It didnt have a username and I never actually received a second letter - I had to phone the helpline to find out my appointment details.

My wee maw was also in the initial batch that got a white letter. It didnt have a username and although she did receive a blue envelope for her second jag, it didnt have a username either.

We were both subsequently able to get a username when they released the functionality to download your vaccine certificate a few weeks ago.

👍 I haven't received my second blue letter but had my vaccine yesterday. I did move the date but that was ages ago so plenty of time to send a letter. I obviously didn't need one but the blue letters do seem to be a bit of an issue.

2 hours ago, phart said:

Some more numbers

Is there anything on ratio between needing hospital and requiring ICU as heard it mentioned a few times that ratio might be coming down too due to it being the younger less vulnerable being taken in but only caught a bit of a talking head on radio 4? 

The person after was mooting further restrictions so the NHS could catch-up with the backlog but can't see that being a popular position unless the wheels start to come off again.  

Propaganda is too strong a word for it but they definitely seem to be pushing hard for the younger age groups to take up the vaccine, ethnic minorities in particular, as the take-up has slowed.     

3 hours ago, Lamia said:

👍 I haven't received my second blue letter but had my vaccine yesterday. I did move the date but that was ages ago so plenty of time to send a letter. I obviously didn't need one but the blue letters do seem to be a bit of an issue.

I've not received any notification either, but logged on to NHS Scotland with the username from my original blue letter and I have a second appointment waiting for me.

4 hours ago, phart said:

Some more numbers

Now this is more useful although straight cases to hospitalisations won't be 100% accurate either it does provide some reassurance. It could still be due to younger people getting the virus though which may or may not be due to the vaccinations although as time goes on it becomes more likely that it is.