Killie V Utd - Page 2 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Killie V Utd

Don't think the Motherwell game is on tv though, however I'm 'home' for that one.

Me too. I'll even offer to buy you a pint pre-match...

Aye, don't we feckin know it!

St Mirren managed to come back from being 2 goals down earlier in the week I believe.

So don't give up just yet........

If Killie had Ash Taylor at centre half then utd may still have a chance!

Absolutely delighted. Said to my dad that that would be the real measure of how we had come on, playing the league leaders and a team we normally wouldn't beat last season. Brilliant team performance all round with Eremenko running the show again - 4 of the last 5 goals have been set up by him!

I genuinely don't remember a single hoof up the park. A couple of times we tried long balls for Magennis from defence but I'm quite satisfied that they were passes. The rest of the game was played entirely with passing football. Completely nullified United too.

That's 3 more points than I thought we would take from this run of tough games!

Samson out with a broken toe though. For all I was critical of him at times, he'll be a huge loss. Hopefully this young boy Brennan will take his chance and we can keep a settled back four with the revelation that is Mark Connolly at the heart of it.

Two weeks til the next game now, but hoping to make it through to Perth, all being well.

Typical feckin SPL.

Can we not just have one season where we produce a team that can sustain some level of consistency to at least give Celtic some sort of run for their money. It's bizarre that this league never seems to be able to produce one other team that for even one season is considerably better than the rest.

Edited by Marky

Typical feckin SPL.

Can we not just have one season where we produce a team that can sustain some level of consistency to at least give Celtic some sort of run for their money. It's bizarre that this league never seems to be able to produce one other team that for even one season is considerably better than the rest.

I guess every team has it's off days like utd yesterday. Unless your spending is at the levels of Celtic where by you can have off days but generally still win due to greater depth if quality. Frustrating though. Killie well deserved their win though and played some good stuff.

I guess every team has it's off days like utd yesterday. Unless your spending is at the levels of Celtic where by you can have off days but generally still win due to greater depth if quality. Frustrating though. Killie well deserved their win though and played some good stuff.

I know money is the reason for the gulf between Celtic and the also rans, but you'd think the law of averages would say that now and again one team either through a good crop of you youngsters or clever signings would be able to chase them harder. Only time I can remember it even getting close to that was Hearts under Burley.

I know money is the reason for the gulf between Celtic and the also rans, but you'd think the law of averages would say that now and again one team either through a good crop of you youngsters or clever signings would be able to chase them harder. Only time I can remember it even getting close to that was Hearts under Burley.

Problem is our teams can't hold on to their youngsters. Utd got 1 season from Robertson and Gauld before they were snatched away.

Problem is our teams can't hold on to their youngsters. Utd got 1 season from Robertson and Gauld before they were snatched away.

It could be argued that the transfer money, or at least a large % of it, that the youngsters bring in should be able made available to the managers to buy better quality players to try and at least sustain a challenge to Celtic.

If a team got close then Celtic would get soft penalties and the opposition would get denied stonewallers.

It's having more money PLUS the regime wanting Celtic and the The Rangers to do well.

It's a lot to overcome.

It could be argued that the transfer money, or at least a large % of it, that the youngsters bring in should be able made available to the managers to buy better quality players to try and at least sustain a challenge to Celtic.

I'd rather it was ploughed in to sustaining the club and developing youth coaches, rather than on over-paying the first team squad.

I'd rather it was ploughed in to sustaining the club and developing youth coaches, rather than on over-paying the first team squad.

Agree.

Gauld and Robertson would have been on fairly small wages. You can't go out and buy equal quality and hope to spend the same on wages.

Significantly higher wages are a main reason for players moving from Scottish clubs.