Summer Football? - Page 3 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

35 minutes ago, adamntg said:

What we do just now doesn't work, there's no way Rangers or The Rubber Johnnies should be losing to the teams they lost to. Give ourselves a chance FFS.  I mean, that game Rangers lost was like losing to East Kilbride. 

That team that beat us won again in the next round. 

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 7/18/2017 at 9:46 AM, SMcoolJ said:

Start season in July and end it in April. Summer football is a terrible idea.

On 7/18/2017 at 0:35 PM, SMcoolJ said:

The reasons against summer football are well documented (and I can't be ersed going through them all again).

Perhaps going through them for a first time would help. It is you not explaining yourself.

We are saying you have 12 months to play football. Jan & Feb are the absolute two worst months to play... so let's not play them.

What are you saying?

5 minutes ago, adamntg said:

Maybe you're right.  The game's going doon the lavvy the noo though, we have to try something.  

We're all going daft cos Aberdeen won a tie against a team who finished in the bottom half of the Bosnian league. Time was, not even that long ago, you'd have expect Aberdeen, Hearts, Utd etc to be cuffing far better teams from that neck of the woods. They have no more TV or Champions League ones than we do - what's up?

Very true. It's a sad state of affairs. Scottish clubs appear to have developed some sort of European competition paralysis.

I'm all for trying something that helps us in Europe. I think that's probably the most genuine revenue stream available to our clubs. 

1 hour ago, macy37 said:

Bollox to summer football. Was at Edinburgh City v Berwick Tuesday night and had to stand with my hand up all game due to the sun.

Bring me rain and cloud all day.

Swap your Tam O Shanter for a baseball cap and you'll be sorted.

Also the likelihood of regular sunshine in Scotland is pretty slim.

10 hours ago, macy37 said:

Bollox to summer football. Was at Edinburgh City v Berwick Tuesday night and had to stand with my hand up all game due to the sun.

Bring me rain and cloud all day.

I was at Queens Park v Edinburgh City at Hampden today and it was Baltic!! Cauld, wet and windy ?

Edited by McTeeko