Coins You Want Rid Of - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Coins You Want Rid Of

Pointless thread of the day.

Had a time wasting debate on train yesterday. The subject being ........

What changes would you make to the current coins in circulation ?

I'd do away with the 2p, 5p and 20p coins. But would introduce a 25p coin.

Mate of mine wants the 1p, 2p, 10p and the £2 coins done away with.

The wee auld lady next to us even joined in :lol: and said she wanted rid of the "bloody useless" 1p and 2p.

Yersel ?

Guest flumax

Definitely 1p. fantastic in Canada. Costs more to make than they're worth. 

I'm hoping eventually we'll move away from all physical currency. What's the point? I never carry cash. So doesn't bother me much day to day. contactless cards, mobile phones,  wearable tech. It'll happen 

14 hours ago, flumax said:

Definitely 1p. fantastic in Canada. Costs more to make than they're worth. 

I'm hoping eventually we'll move away from all physical currency. What's the point? I never carry cash. So doesn't bother me much day to day. contactless cards, mobile phones,  wearable tech. It'll happen 

I read somewhere that Sweden is getting close to being a cashless society. I think we are about 30 years behind them in that respect.

Anything under 10p and make pricing in denominations of that 10p instead of this £9.99 pash. You can't even get a penny sweet to round up these days. 

I hardly ever use cash these days either. With the indrocution of contactless and mobile payments it's surely on the way out. Just chip us and get on with it, Demolition Man style. 

I'm mainly a cash business and only use cards online, always cash in shops/garages. Put everything below £1 coin in jars every evening and last year I'd saved up just under £500 so I'll happily take all the loose change you all dislike so much. 

On 01/06/2017 at 10:08 AM, G-Man said:

I'm mainly a cash business and only use cards online, always cash in shops/garages. Put everything below £1 coin in jars every evening and last year I'd saved up just under £500 so I'll happily take all the loose change you all dislike so much. 

I just hoovered up a €2 coin, if that would've been helpful,I apologise. 

And whats the point of things being 99p, £1.99, £2.99 etc?

Its fvcking annoying. 

6 hours ago, dandydunn said:

I just hoovered up a €2 coin, if that would've been helpful,I apologise. 

And whats the point of things being 99p, £1.99, £2.99 etc?

Its fvcking annoying. 

That £2 could have tipped me over the £500 ya throw away spendthrift you! 

Things are those prices for people with excess empty jam and coffee jars, like myself, to fill with money people like you just Hoover up.