Signed Up To The Cause? - Page 4 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Signed Up To The Cause?

There's a lot i disagree with the SNP on. Even so, i almost want to join, just to show my support for Independence as the best way of creating a fairer society.

I'll give it a bit of thought.

I don't think I can join a party which supports cutting corporation tax and joining NATO, but even I'm tempted as a means to an end.

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Greens need to do as they did in the 2011 election - not stand against the SNP when there's the chance to knock out Labour.

Compare the results of the 2007 and 2011 votes in Glasgow Kelvin - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glasgow_Kelvin_%28Scottish_Parliament_constituency%29

The transfer of Green votes to the SNP was vital in Kelvin returning a pro-Yes MSP.

I don't think I can join a party which supports cutting corporation tax and joining NATO, but even I'm tempted as a means to an end.

What's the main reason for some TAMBers not wanting to join NATO? In terms of smaller nations their membership includes Belgium, Canada, Czech Rep, Denmark, Iceland, Holland, Norway, Portugal, Slovakia and Slovenia. I think Scotland would fit in pretty well amongst those countries. Of course, after independence it would be up to the people of Scotland to decide.

Wrt corporation tax, if reducing it leads to more jobs and a corresponding increase in income tax receipts that would be fair enough to me - although I accept the risk in getting involved in a race to the bottom.

Edited by Jie Bie

Some of us are forbidden from joining (in)

Not allowed.

Lose yer job territory.

Great eh!

I'm sort of in the same boat, but f*ck em, I've had enough. I regret not doing more in the run up to the vote, and that was due to a loyalty to my employer of the last 23 years. I'm having no regrets this time. Not a criticism of you btw, just my personal thought process. Edited by redstevie007

What's the main reason for some TAMBers not wanting to join NATO? In terms of smaller nations their membership includes Belgium, Canada, Czech Rep, Denmark, Iceland, Holland, Norway, Portugal, Slovakia and Slovenia. I think Scotland would fit in pretty well amongst those countries. Of course, after independence it would be up to the people of Scotland to decide.

Wrt corporation tax, if reducing it leads to more jobs and a corresponding increase in income tax receipts that would be fair enough to me - although I accept the risk in getting involved in a race to the bottom.

I'm a pacifist, that's the top and bottom of it. I wouldn't have an army, but that's for another day.

However, reading some of the posts on here about focusing on the issue in hand have convinced me and I've just joined.

For all of you that are trade union members remember that they almost all support the Labour party in some way or another, either by direct funding or paying for MPs expenses etc..

They dont publicise it very well but tucked away in their rule book is a way to make sure that any of your union contributons dont get sent to the Labour Party.

Normally you have to fill in a form and then send it to the branch secretary.

For all of you that are trade union members remember that they almost all support the Labour party in some way or another, either by direct funding or paying for MPs expenses etc..

They dont publicise it very well but tucked away in their rule book is a way to make sure that any of your union contributons dont get sent to the Labour Party.

Normally you have to fill in a form and then send it to the branch secretary.

I'm a trade union member, but in Germany so no worries on that front from over here!

Just heard the question of the day, this was posted on my FB by one of my so called friends, a No voter, as to why I have the 45 sticker on my profile picture "How can you be 45 when you dont even live here" so according to his logic only those living in Scotland are entitled to show support for independence and how dare we expats even dream of showing our support for the yes campaign! Another head stuck up his backside supporter of the union!

4 members of my immediate family signed up since Friday. Funny, not one of them ever thought they would join a political party (including myself).

Sorry to take this thread off-topic but how come you're back and where have you been? Welcome :ok:

I'm a pacifist, that's the top and bottom of it. I wouldn't have an army, but that's for another day.

However, reading some of the posts on here about focusing on the issue in hand have convinced me and I've just joined.

Good man. Even if it's temporary it's a means to an end!

Any one got any advice as to the best way to support the cause form abroad, apart from trying to engage people in debate on FB and making them aware to what Scotland really needs, also have a lot of friends from Northern England, who are just as disgruntled at he way they are being governed, and see a need for change, deep down although they speak up for the union I think they can also empathise with our mindset in wanting to be Independent, like I ask though what else can I do from afar to help the cause?