Challenge Cup Final - Page 5 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

45 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Didn't realise Charlie Telfer was playing for Utd still. 

Has he been any good, for you at any point? 

He's not been any worse than the rest of them.  

We're a one man team.  When Andreu goes back in the summer we're in even bigger trouble than now. 

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, adamntg said:

He's not been any worse than the rest of them.  

We're a one man team.  When Andreu goes back in the summer we're in even bigger trouble than now. 

Another one that promised a lot and delivered Bugger all then? 

Add him to the list containing Feruz and Fleck. 

Who's Van Der Velden (?). He's been utter mince so far. 

3 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Another one that promised a lot and delivered Bugger all then? 

Add him to the list containing Feruz and Fleck. 

Who's Van Der Velden (?). He's been utter mince so far. 

Too early to writte Charlie off, he's got something.   He's not going to be an jnternational or anything but he's decent enough.

Van Der Velden is 35, ex-Utrecht.  Retiring at the end of the season.  Some may say retired already.  

Worse thing was the insane traffic at the Raith.  Took me an hour to get to Motherwell from East Kilbride, and that needed and illegal u-turn in the queues on the A725 and diverting through Hamilton.  Missed the first ten minutes and I wasn't alone.  

36 minutes ago, adamntg said:

Too early to writte Charlie off, he's got something.   He's not going to be an jnternational or anything but he's decent enough.

Van Der Velden is 35, ex-Utrecht.  Retiring at the end of the season.  Some may say retired already.  

Actually Willem II and AZ Alkmaar but you get the idea.  Used to be good, nowhere near physical enough for Scottish Championship. 

42 minutes ago, adamntg said:

Actually Willem II and AZ Alkmaar but you get the idea.  Used to be good, nowhere near physical enough for Scottish Championship. 

Total waste of a jersey. Surely you have a promising youngster that could do equally as badly for less cash? 

51 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Total waste of a jersey. Surely you have a promising youngster that could do equally as badly for less cash? 

Na, sold them all.  

Just watched some of the game back on Alba.  That was quite a forearm smash from Mallan on Telfer.  He's lucky it wasn't spotted. 

2 hours ago, adamntg said:

Na, sold them all.  

Just watched some of the game back on Alba.  That was quite a forearm smash from Mallan on Telfer.  He's lucky it wasn't spotted. 

Aye there were a few meaty challenges around that point in the game and I thought it was going to get a bit lively. 

I think Mallan's was the worst though. 

2 hours ago, scoobydoo said:

Yes and yes. watched 10 minutes of it and decided it was pish and not for me.

I didn't think it was a bad game at all.  Saints played well, didn't deserve to be behind but I also thought a United were the better team last half hour and could've had a few more.  Lively cup fitba I thought, sunshine and a wee diddy cup at the end.  Enjoyed the day, I have to say. 

It's not winning the Scottish but then again, it's not losing to Dumbarton in the pishing rain, ken?

2 hours ago, scoobydoo said:

Yes and yes. watched 10 minutes of it and decided it was pish and not for me.

You obviously haven't watched St Mirren before, or the current Scotland side for that matter. 

It wasn't the best game but far from the worst I've seen this season. 

According to BBC this morning that competition Utd just won was for under 20's sides of the Scottish league and some league of Ireland teams.

Decent crowd for watching a bunch of kids.

Edited by macy37

2 hours ago, macy37 said:

According to BBC this morning that competition Utd just won was for under 20's sides of the Scottish league and some league of Ireland teams.

Decent crowd for watching a bunch of kids.

Are commenting on the BBC's lack of understanding or your own?

Ah well. Was a good day out. Congrats Adam. Think you boys deserved it for your second half performance. Man of the match for me was the St. Mirren support. Absolutely outstanding from start to finish. Well done lads.

PS - Gallacher was affside. 

On 21/03/2017 at 7:30 PM, GHfaeGTA said:

Aye you're on. BTW we don't have direct EasyJet flights from here. A very expensive rock to get off. Would rather watch my son play in a top of the table clash over here. Need a win to stay in contention for the league 

Travelling back now my old Guernsey mucker, I'll settle the bet when I get home tonight.

i don't have PayPal, can someone please PM me TASA bank details and I'll do an internet transfer thingy.

Cheers in advance 

12 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

You obviously haven't watched St Mirren before, or the current Scotland side for that matter. 

It wasn't the best game but far from the worst I've seen this season. 

i watched them blooter the ball about for ten minutes then some united player couldn't even take a shy properly and it got given to the Mirren. I just thought at that time to piss off to my bed.

Deserved win for united I reckon.

Second half they were well ahead. We created a few good chances in the first half and got back into it v quickly after Andreus fantastic strike. 

Seemed to lack confidence in the second. Mallan gave away possession to often when we needed him to control the game.

Anyway..distractions over....the league struggle is to come and Ayrs win was another kick in the plums. Ayr and Dumbarton up next. Doesn't get any more 'must win' than that.

50 minutes ago, adamntg said:

Fully expect the Buddies to save themselves now.  Playing far too well to go down, don't even think they'll need a playoff. 

:ok:

Hope you're right mate. 2 massive games coming up. 

On ‎26‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 11:36 AM, Jersey Jim said:

Travelling back now my old Guernsey mucker, I'll settle the bet when I get home tonight.

i don't have PayPal, can someone please PM me TASA bank details and I'll do an internet transfer thingy.

Cheers in advance 

:ok: and good luck with the battle against the drop.

On 3/26/2017 at 0:36 PM, Jersey Jim said:

Cheers in advance 

Good man Jim. I only watched the first half, not the best. Get PayPal; it's not difficult and can be very useful for paying many other things including flights etc