Robbie Neilson to Dons? - Page 3 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Robbie Neilson to Dons?

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cathro and MacPhee confirmed as head coach and assistant. Brilliant trolling of Boyd by Cathro at press conference

Cathro, on his playing style: "I have numerous powerpoint presentations if you want to see my laptop..."

34 minutes ago, dipped flake said:

Cathro and MacPhee confirmed as head coach and assistant. Brilliant trolling of Boyd by Cathro at press conference

Cathro, on his playing style: "I have numerous powerpoint presentations if you want to see my laptop..."

I like him already :lol: 

On 02/12/2016 at 10:32 PM, macy37 said:

I don't get the wankfest for Cathro on here. The man has done hee haw as a gaffer.

On 02/12/2016 at 10:32 PM, macy37 said:

I don't get the wankfest for Cathro on here. The man has done hee haw as a gaffer.

You and Kris Boyd should meet up and share a pint. Similar expansive, adventurous outlook on life.

28 minutes ago, adamntg said:

Watched the press conference - Cathro is brilliant.  Wish them both all the best.  Will be great to have him working with Scottish players again.

Really hope it works for him / hearts. If only to get it right up the dinosaurs.

4 minutes ago, ShedTA said:

Really hope it works for him / hearts. If only to get it right up the dinosaurs.

Same. I certainly hope he gets off to a winning start this weekend ;) 

23 minutes ago, ShedTA said:

I see keith jackass has called it a hearts hipster experiment. What a f@cking knob.

I'm sure he came out with the same thing when rangers were meant to be after him last year.................what?? he didn't?? that's strange

1 hour ago, ShedTA said:

I see keith jackass has called it a hearts hipster experiment. What a f@cking knob.

:lol:

While I will wait before declaring the guy the saviour of Scottish football, he deserves a chance ahead of the same old faces that have failed elsewhere.

None of these clowns* dared say a word in the 3 1/2 years Mccoist was in charge at Ibrox, but are happy to take a pop at a guy hours into the job.

*i had typed a worse word, but I like Stephen Craigan

Edited by sbcmfc

9 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

While I will wait before declaring the guy the saviour of Scottish football, he deserves a chance ahead of the same old faces that have failed elsewhere.

None of these clowns* dared say a word in the 3 1/2 years Mccoist was in charge at Ibrox, but are happy to take a pop at a guy hours into the job.

*i had typed a worse word, but I like Stephen Craigan

It is a bit of a risk by Hearts as he is unproven in management, but there is a risk in any appointment. One worry (from a Hearts fan's perspective) is that, as you say, he doesnt come from the same old clique of usual suspects within the game up here, which is sort of the point. It doesn't feel like he has a lot of friends in the game or the media, particularly amongst most of the clueless, 'show's-yir-medals' gobshites that get work as pundits here. Many of them, I suspect, are ready and waiting to see him fall flat on his face.

20 minutes ago, hannibal smith said:

:lol: Did Robert Grieve get his journalism qualifications in a lucky bag? What a complete moron. 

It's no coincidence that both have been appointed.  I think Levein will already have had the players in to lay the law down before his arrival.  I really do applaud Hearts for appointing 2 guys who clearly have a bright future(and a solid past) in coaching, I have no doubts they will reap the benefits.

It's a step in the right direction for Scottish Football, which will hopefully see more professional coaches getting top jobs because of their skills/qualiications rather than because they are an ex player player with an over inflated sense of entitlement.  The likes of Fullerton and Boyd have really shown themselves up badly over the last few days with their ill informed rantings.  It really has highlighted how ill prepared these guys actually are for a career in coaching, so much so, that they should be nowhere near a training field unless they are being told what to do, ironically enough, by a qualified coach.

54 minutes ago, Parklife said:

:lol: Did Robert Grieve get his journalism qualifications in a lucky bag? What a complete moron. 

That is a weird column!

He’s worked all over Europe, you know, handing out bibs and laying out markers at some of the biggest clubs there’s ever been.

Not even sure who that's a dig at?

15 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

That is a weird column!

Not even sure who that's a dig at?

Clearly Robert Grieve isn't bright enough to see that people are deriding Boyd, not for having an opinion, but for having an opinion that seems to have been formed on very little knowledge of Cathro and that was expressed in insulting terms. 

Never mind, i'm sure your average moron that buys The Sun are like Grieve and can't see the difference either. 

Although to be devils advocate, there are plenty who have him as some sort of visionary genius based on little or no knowledge themselves.

Boyds attitude may be indicative of the resistance he could encounter in a dressing room, but you'd hope not.

9 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

Although to be devils advocate, there are plenty who have him as some sort of visionary genius based on little or no knowledge themselves.

Boyds attitude may be indicative of the resistance he could encounter in a dressing room, but you'd hope not.

He started off his article with (talking about Cathro) "he's not been this excited since Fifa 17 came out". 

The guy's an ignorant wh@nk. 

Who's saying he's a "visionary genius"? I've not seen these comments. I've seen folk being excited about the appointment of an intelligent, articulate young coach who's made a career for himself across Europe at some big clubs, based solely on his abilities as a coach.

Then i've saw a nobody who failed as Notts County manager and a guy who wasted his talent as a player slag him off. 

6 minutes ago, Parklife said:

He started off his article with (talking about Cathro) "he's not been this excited since Fifa 17 came out". 

The guy's an ignorant wh@nk. 

Who's saying he's a "visionary genius"? I've not seen these comments. I've seen folk being excited about the appointment of an intelligent, articulate young coach who's made a career for himself across Europe at some big clubs, based solely on his abilities as a coach.

Then i've saw a nobody who failed as Notts County manager and a guy who wasted his talent as a player slag him off. 

What would you know?

Youre just an annoynmous internet bampot.

I don't disagree with you, but I'm sure you'd find posts on here touting him for all sorts of jobs, and while the term "visionary genius" might not have been used, that's how he appears to be seen.

He may well be a visionary genius, I'd certainly be quite excited about his appointment, if I liked Hearts.