Starting Xi V Germany - Page 6 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Starting Xi V Germany

Rob

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When exactly have O'Connell and Sheridan played in the champions league?

Stokes has not scored in Europe in 17 games. And only has 2 goals in 35, both coming in the same game (Europa league). Stokes has proved he can't cope at that level, where as Brown and Mulgrew have.

I think it's best not to speculate on youths from either side. We know that for every 5 promising youths, maybe 1 will make it. But please don't insult us by pretending you'd prefer to have an Aston Villa youth over a Real Madrid youth.

Sheridan is playing for some Cypriot team in the Champions League this year,hes also scored a few in qauilfying,but it doesn't make him anygood. Grealish is a first team player though thats all I'm saying.

Sheridan is playing for some Cypriot team in the Champions League this year,hes also scored a few in qauilfying,but it doesn't make him anygood. Grealish is a first team player though thats all I'm saying.

I wasn't aware of Sheridan playing in Europe. Good for him.

Anyway, we're not going to agree on all points. I think the best time to have this debate is after the Scotland v Ireland match. We'll then have hard evidence as to who has the better team ;)

When exactly have O'Connell and Sheridan played in the champions league?

Stokes has not scored in Europe in 17 games. And only has 2 goals in 35, both coming in the same game (Europa league). Stokes has proved he can't cope at that level, where as Brown and Mulgrew have.

I think it's best not to speculate on youths from either side. We know that for every 5 promising youths, maybe 1 will make it. But please don't insult us by pretending you'd prefer to have an Aston Villa youth over a Real Madrid youth.

Incidentally, Stokes was dropped by O'Neill from the final panel that flew to Georgia. Not exactly a vote of confidence.

I think Chris Martin might be in with a shout, heard strachans interview and he said he thinks he could become a big player for us.

If Steven Fletcher plays, I can see Strachan bringing Chris Martin on to replace him at some point. Just to keep the attack fresh.

Have a wee feeling that Callum McGregor might get some game time. Bad news is Russell Martin has a groin strain and is 50/50 for the match.

If Steven Fletcher plays, I can see Strachan bringing Chris Martin on to replace him at some point. Just to keep the attack fresh.

Have a wee feeling that Callum McGregor might get some game time. Bad news is Russell Martin has a groin strain and is 50/50 for the match.

We need Russell Martin, hope he makes it. Hanley is progressing but needs that experience with him. Gordon Greer would be worrying

Yesterday the Herald reckoned that Steven Fletcher would start up front with Naismith playing behind him. They had Shaun Maloney on the right wing and Charlie Mulgrew on the left, and Darren Fletcher and James McArthur in the middle of the park.

I really hope Martin makes it. Gordon Greer alongside Grant Hanley and Steven Whittaker at left-back doesn't exactly fill me with confidence.

Yesterday the Herald reckoned that Steven Fletcher would start up front with Naismith playing behind him. They had Shaun Maloney on the right wing and Charlie Mulgrew on the left, and Darren Fletcher and James McArthur in the middle of the park.

I really hope Martin makes it. Gordon Greer alongside Grant Hanley and Steven Whittaker at left-back doesn't exactly fill me with confidence.

Charlie Mulgrew at LM would be suicide. Especially with an inexperienced LB behind him.

Strachan has always favoured him in CM, so I reckon he'll play there unless he is unexpectedly put in defence.

I really like Mulgrew, and he always makes a telling contribution in internationals but he's had a stinker of a season so far. So I'm a bit worried about his confidence

I think it would be difficult to argue against the inclusion of any of them. It's a toss up between McGregor and Marshall, in terms of quality.

Bannan and Anya are good ball players, able to retain possession. So it's pretty obvious why they are playing.

Whittaker has experience at the highest level, so, again, I can see why he was chosen ahead of Forsyth.

Mulgrew has proven to be valuable at international level, despite having a bad start to the season.

I'm happy with the lineup