For As Long As 100 Of Us Remain Alive - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

For As Long As 100 Of Us Remain Alive

It's not over until its over.

The "cant's" have until the May 2015 General Election to produce that packet of Haribos they've promised everybody.

The parties of self-government must surely ask for a mandate of the majority of 59 Westminster seats as cause for Independence i.e. minimum 30 seats.

Our start point is 1.6 million voters. This is not yet our high-water mark. We go again.

We won't get to go again. I'm 35, and that's it for my lifetime. We shat it big time, we won't get another opportunity.

Disengaged voters, self interested voters, women, orange order types, there's so many groups if people than will never go for yes.

Other regions have voted for independence as a chance to start afresh, as long as we are sold a 'good deal' and constantly told just how well we are doing, punching above out weight, things will never change.

Simply put, we shat it. We aren't a country, last night sealed that.

We won't get to go again. I'm 35, and that's it for my lifetime. We shat it big time, we won't get another opportunity.

Disengaged voters, self interested voters, women, orange order types, there's so many groups if people than will never go for yes.

Other regions have voted for independence as a chance to start afresh, as long as we are sold a 'good deal' and constantly told just how well we are doing, punching above out weight, things will never change.

Simply put, we shat it. We aren't a country, last night sealed that.

Agree... its over!

As well as the various No groups, many of which will never change their minds, even if the Tories backtrack, I just don't think the general public have the stomach for another 2 year campaign like that... Certainly not for a long long time!

Out of that 100 still standing 55 will be self interested Tories, liberals and other oddities.

We as a country managed to let down expats, other areas of Europe with similar aspirations and

our own people.

Dream on.

I hope the catalonians don't get disheartened by this. They're much less servile in nature and if they get the chance to vote they'll hit the 80%s and show us how it's done. They can even have our fifa spot.

Surely... it's the biggest expression of will for Scottish independence, ever.

And a lot of no voters, I think, would like independence in their hearts, but their heads weren't yet convinced.

Just like circumstances weren't right for devolution in 1979, but became right in 1997. Circumstances weren't right for independence, as it turns out, in 2014, but will surely come again.

If anyone wants to keep believing, it's massively important put pressure on for DevoMax. The No parties cannot and will not deliver it, and it's important this point is made clear with sufficient pressure applied over the next six months. If and when it fails to materialise, that 45% can easily become 55%.

If anyone wants to keep believing, it's massively important put pressure on for DevoMax. The No parties cannot and will not deliver it, and it's important this point is made clear with sufficient pressure applied over the next six months. If and when it fails to materialise, that 45% can easily become 55%.

Suppose that's our target now. That and build up our alternative media until it *is* the mainstream.

The question is how would that (next referendum) would come about. All scenarios seem unlikely.

But here are two, for fun

1. The 3 parties fail to agree more powers, or offer a crap deal on paper, by the GE. Then what if a disgruntled, conned electorate vote in the SNP as majority in Westminster. and somehow hold a balance of power where there is some deal that allows another shot.... nope, sounds too unlikely

2. Some time further down the line, there is some deal to do with exit from Europe and a British mini union, which allows Scotland to be still part of a 'family of nations' but where the constituent nations are recognised internationally as separate countries... even more unlikely

But a straight referendum rematch on the back of an SNP majority victory in Holyrood with a public appetite for it... not exactly likely either...

Auld_Reekie

Posted Today, 15:42

Lets pick ourselves up and push for devo max short term. Its far better than the pish there going to serve us. Don't let them off the hook!!! It might be the lond road but its better than no road.

Devo max being full fiscal autonomy.

The question is how would that (next referendum) would come about. All scenarios seem unlikely.

But here are two, for fun

1. The 3 parties fail to agree more powers, or offer a crap deal on paper, by the GE. Then what if a disgruntled, conned electorate vote in the SNP as majority in Westminster. and somehow hold a balance of power where there is some deal that allows another shot.... nope, sounds too unlikely

2. Some time further down the line, there is some deal to do with exit from Europe and a British mini union, which allows Scotland to be still part of a 'family of nations' but where the constituent nations are recognised internationally as separate countries... even more unlikely

But a straight referendum rematch on the back of an SNP majority victory in Holyrood with a public appetite for it... not exactly likely either...

No point in focusing on how or when a referendum might come about. Independence is f*cked for now. Best plan is to hold Westminster parties to account and emphasise when they fail to deliver. Public opinion will sort itself out in time.

The chance of a new political constitution is gone and so now we are left with the 3 main parties -

Tories - The rich get richer and feck the poor and needy

Labour - Poor mans Tory party, with no values to the working class

Liberals - Yes men to the Tory party

So who will you vote for in the general election ????

Those men who signed the Declaration Of Arbroath on the 6th April 1320 must be turning in there graves.

No point in focusing on how or when a referendum might come about. Independence is f*cked for now. Best plan is to hold Westminster parties to account and emphasise when they fail to deliver. Public opinion will sort itself out in time.

I know what you mean but I think there is no harm in thinking around the topic, especially if the direct route to achieving yesterday's objectives is blocked.

Devolution was led by Labour, not SNP. Federalism could be a stepping stone. A hung parliament (Westminster) could be an opportunity. Europe and UK exit could be an opportunity. (Maybe England could gain independence from UK and drop out of Europe that way, leaving SWANI (!). The next opportunity may come from unexpected quarters... but I accept, the scenarios are too remote to spend too much time thinking on them right now...