Scottish Cup Final - Hibs v Rangers - Page 45 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish Cup Final - Hibs v Rangers

4 minutes ago, thplinth said:

Why not? The papers are publishing grainy pictures of people why are the TV companies denied to show unequivoval footage? There have been many examples of public disorder and nasty assaults shown on TV news before the perpetrators have been identified. In fact showing it on TV usually is what leads to them being identified. It is odd we have this chorus yet not a single clear example of what is claimed.

Because certain 'perpetrators' have been identified and were in custody over the weekend (11 on the day I believe). I suspect quite a few were up today for initial hearings (though cant be bother to check the rolls). People are entitled to a fair trail, you know.

9 minutes ago, thplinth said:

Why not? The papers are publishing grainy pictures of people why are the TV companies denied to show unequivoval footage? There have been many examples of public disorder and nasty assaults shown on TV news before the perpetrators have been identified. In fact showing it on TV usually is what leads to them being identified. It is odd we have this chorus yet not a single clear example of what is claimed. 

Yep, Very.

Mark McGhee and Popcorn Teeth are in real danger of being out-lied by these feckers....... ;)

42 minutes ago, Debian said:

Ah so it must meet all the criteria?

Quite frankly your shower of Orks over on Rangers media and subsequently Facebook  going after members of that laddies family, suggesting individuals are "visited" etc is the most sinister, nasty thing I have seen.  Expect Police Scotland to be monitoring it closely.

6 minutes ago, giblet said:

Quite frankly your shower of Orks over on Rangers media and subsequently Facebook going after members of that laddies family, suggesting individuals are "visited" etc is the most sinister, nasty thing I have seen.  Expect Police Scotland to be monitoring it closely.

The guy will be handed his jotters from the SFA and will be dealt with by the Police.  I don't condone any violence against him or his family.  

Shame the guy felt it was appropriate to attack a guy doing his job on Saturday.

Edited by Debian

Just now, Debian said:

The guys will be handed his jotters from the SFA and will be dealt with by the Police.  I don't condone any violence against him or his family.  

Shame the guy felt it was appropriate to attack a guy doing his job on Saturday.

Are you on about the ginger guy? Media say he's not at the SFA anymore and hasn't been for a while.

Just now, Debian said:

The guys will be handed his jotters from the SFA and will be dealt with by the Police.  I don't condone any violence against him or his family.  

If he is guilty, hope he is gets the punishment through the courts.  Why his mum for example has had hate messages and her work contacted is another thing altogether, 

5 minutes ago, giblet said:

Quite frankly your shower of Orks over on Rangers media and subsequently Facebook  going after members of that laddies family, suggesting individuals are "visited" etc is the most sinister, nasty thing I have seen.  Expect Police Scotland to be monitoring it closely.

The majority of posters on that particular loyalist forum of hate and racism are the absolute scum of the earth. Hope they all catch typhoid.

From the Daily Record:

Binnie, who was at the SFA a few months ago on work experience linked to his course at Edinburgh University, has now been suspended by George Watson's college after he admitted his part in the weekend's celebrations.

Just now, giblet said:

If he is guilty, hope he is gets the punishment through the courts.  Why his mum for example has had hate messages and her work contacted is another thing altogether, 

People are arseholes unfortunately, and this often happens when a name gets in to the public domain. 

2 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

The majority of posters on that particular loyalist forum of hate and racism are the absolute scum of the earth. Hope they all catch typhoid.

The majority, or all?

1 minute ago, Cove_Sheep said:

From the Daily Record:

Shame the guys going to have to have this over his head for the future, but if found guilty, he's only himself to blame.

2 minutes ago, Debian said:

The majority, or all?

Shame the guys going to have to have this over his head for the future, but if found guilty, he's only himself to blame.

Indeed, there is going to be a few like that on both sides.  All for a crazy 5 mins.

14 minutes ago, Debian said:

The majority, or all?

Probably about 9/10 of them.

I used to know a couple of guys who were at school with me who posted on it and still do as far as I know. They are now into Orange marches, the UDA songbook, conspiracy theories about the Vatican and one got arrested at a meeting of the neo-fascist Scottish Defence League.

3 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Probably about 9/10 of them.

I used to know a couple of guys who were at school with me who posted on it and still do as far as I know. They are now into Orange marches, the UDA songbook, conspiracy theories about the Vatican and one got arrested at a meeting of the neo-fascist Scottish Defence League.

:lol::lol:

Phew, I am glad to be in the 1/10 then.

Wed

3 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Interesting because I've not heard anyone with a good word to say about the latest statement other than Eddard, I think. 

The first statement was a bit knee jerk but not actually too bad. Just too soon. The second one was a fecking embarrassment and may actually have been written in crayons for the actual intelligence it contained. 

Not one Rangers fan I know thinks it was a good idea to release that second statement. 

Steady on. My post was a bit tongue in cheek. The statement was meant to bring the story back to they key issue. Our players were attacked. This was being glossed over and in some quarters almost discounted as made up. The highlighting of Cosgrove's antics is fair enough but I think we were out of order re Tom English. Also the admonishing of our own fans behavior is not good.

1 hour ago, Debian said:

I see the SFA intern Greg Binnie who was interviewed insisting he didn't attack Fotheringham, has been caught on camera attacking Dean Shiels.

I see Kenny Shiels said tonight on BBC Radio Scotland that Dean wasnt assaulted.  Interesting in that picture of the Hibs guy and Shiels, the steward is holding back Shiels. 

User Actions
  Follow
MLZWRtDA_bigger.jpgTam McManus@The_Tman10

Kenny Shiels on @BBCSportsound spoke very well also insists Dean wasn't assaulted. Neither was Kenny Miller. @Record_Sport @tedermeatballs ?

Edited by giblet

1 minute ago, giblet said:

I see Kenny Shiels said tonight on BBC Radio Scotland that Dean wasnt assaulted.  Interesting in that picture of the Hibs guy and Shiels, the steward is holding back Shiels. 

I heard it as well.  The image I saw started popping up on twitter just after.  Some Peter Smith guy on STV had tweeted it.

Edited by Debian

1 hour ago, Debian said:

I see the SFA intern Greg Binnie who was interviewed insisting he didn't attack Fotheringham, has been caught on camera attacking Dean Shiels.

So at what point did you hear that Kenny Shiels had said Dean had not been assaulted?  you posted this an hour after radio interview which you say you heard?

Shiels said a fan took a swing at son and missed. He also referred to at least one other player being hit. Appreciate some on here are desperate to push this as a non event but arrests will be made for assaults on players

Edited by EddardStark

1 minute ago, EddardStark said:

Shiels said a fan took a swing at son and missed. He also referred to at least one other player being hit. Appreciate some on here are desperate to push this a a non event but arrests will be made for assaults on playwrs

Would help if pet Rangers journalists like Keith Jackson didn't run with pish about EVERY Rangers player being assaulted. 

AFTER Kenny Miller's wife had stated Kenny wasn't assaulted and asked folk to stop spreading lies.

5 minutes ago, giblet said:

So at what point did you hear that Kenny Shiels had said Dean had not been assaulted?  you posted this an hour after radio interview which you say you heard?

In the car. Then it was on twitter. Hence the post ?

Shiels said someone went for him, but not assaulted. 

Edited by Debian