Best 5 pubs you've been in - Page 4 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Best 5 pubs you've been in

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, Charlie Endell said:

I was down for a 40th pub crawl - kicked off in the MA at noon and I got the train back to Glasgow just before 8pm. No shortage of drinking venues in Manchester. Had a nightcap in the Shoe when I got back to Glasgow - a right comedown. 

I'll drop you a PM next time I'm on the manor :ok: .

Good man Charlie :ok: 

On May 1, 2016 at 7:31 AM, scoobydoo said:

in no real order.

Lismore, glasgow

Barnton bar and bistro Stirling, circa 1990-95. 

That max schmelling pub in munich.

Fat Mo's Budapest

Drovers Inn at inverarnan.

Lismore. The best pish I've ever taken. I thought the script about the clearances on the urinals was pretty cool.

The buza bar in Dubrovnik is quite something. Open air on the cliffs surrounding the city walls. Pretty hard to find but well, well worth the effort. Beautiful location, even if the toilets were "interesting" Probably my favourite bar I've ever been to.

On 5/6/2016 at 7:35 PM, flynnyboy said:

The buza bar in Dubrovnik is quite something. Open air on the cliffs surrounding the city walls. Pretty hard to find but well, well worth the effort. Beautiful location, even if the toilets were "interesting" Probably my favourite bar I've ever been to.

Agreed.  It's stunning.  Not really much to the actual pub itself but if you can get there at the right time and get a seat just as the sun is going down I can't imagine there are many better settings.

Edited by Fairbairn

On 22 April 2016 at 2:36 PM, dieselarmy said:

U Zlateho Tygra (At The Golden Tiger), Prague - probably my favourite pub in the world. No gimmicks, just a place to drink great beer. Great Panenka photo, too.

Was in here last night. Great wee place. £1.10 for a pint of Pilsner urquell.

On 06/05/2016 at 7:35 PM, flynnyboy said:

We went to the Cave Bar in Dubrovnik, which is part of a hotel, same idea and absolutley stunning views, great wee setting for a few after the beach, also had its own wee swimming bit. Dubrovnok is cracking in general