Weekend Scottish fitba - Page 8 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Weekend Scottish fitba

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 minutes ago, ShedTA said:

I don't understand your point. Are you saying utds fans are responsible for the clubs demise? Are you slating the clubs support? An average of 8000 or so home gate from a town of 160000 people with 2 senior clubs? 

No I'm laughing at the irony in your post, which was of course your usual ill informed pish, whilst having a dig at your support, who will turn out in numbers for semi's and final's but are no where to be seen when it really matters.  

None of that bothers me you understand, but if you are going to gob off about something like attendances, you really should look a bit closer to home first no?

6 minutes ago, jock strap said:

Has there been any form of explanation for this ? 

It really does look like its ma baw an ahm no playing anymore.

He will obviously claim he is injured. Even if that is the case you dont do that. Knock it out for a throw in, or just go down and someone else will. Instead he has given your opponents a Freekick in an area they can put it into your box. 

Unprofessional in the extreme but as I said above, ties in with the impression I have of this guy already. 

7 minutes ago, Angus_Young said:

He will obviously claim he is injured. Even if that is the case you dont do that. Knock it out for a throw in, or just go down and someone else will. Instead he has given your opponents a Freekick in an area they can put it into your box. 

Unprofessional in the extreme but as I said above, ties in with the impression I have of this guy already. 

True mate.

Just read that he signalled to the bench his groin had gone. Mixu indicates to carry on then he jogs over to the halfway and picks the ball up when he got the chance.

You see Mixu telling him to get back on the pitch and he then sits down. 

The physio apparently stated that his groin hadn't gone as he jogged to the halfway line and picked the ball up.

He apparently was smiling and waving to the home fans as he walked towards the tunnel. 

That's just what I've read but seems to fit into the footage. 

Either way, his actions for a so called professional footballer are ridiculous and a total embarrassment to him and the club.

As if things couldn't get any worse for United, this so called player makes a total mockery of himself and the club even further.

19 minutes ago, Return of Yermaw said:

Mainly by thickos.

The thing is it is actually correct this time. Each time Aberdeen had a chance to put pressure on us they Donsed it against teams of inferior quality.

That is 'shatting' it.

8 minutes ago, macy37 said:

The thing is it is actually correct this time. Each time Aberdeen had a chance to put pressure on us they Donsed it against teams of inferior quality.

That is 'shatting' it.

Cheers for proving the 'thickos' comment to be true.

27 minutes ago, jock strap said:

True mate.

Just read that he signalled to the bench his groin had gone. Mixu indicates to carry on then he jogs over to the halfway and picks the ball up when he got the chance.

You see Mixu telling him to get back on the pitch and he then sits down. 

The physio apparently stated that his groin hadn't gone as he jogged to the halfway line and picked the ball up.

He apparently was smiling and waving to the home fans as he walked towards the tunnel. 

That's just what I've read but seems to fit into the footage. 

Either way, his actions for a so called professional footballer are ridiculous and a total embarrassment to him and the club.

As if things couldn't get any worse for United, this so called player makes a total mockery of himself and the club even further.

Hopefully this "injury" keeps him out the team for good  !  

No shame and his attitude as he walked down the touch line stank - fair got us all riled 

Feckless, hapless waste of space that he is . Attitude stinks and a total liability in that defence, can't believe we resigned him after his attitude first time round ! 

I can't really get my head around that Gunning incident. Never seen anyone do that before. Why not turn and kick it out of play and ask for treatment or to go off. Also it looked like he was about to just walk down away past the manager. 

Interesting to see if he plays again this season.

17 minutes ago, black'n'tan said:

Hopefully this "injury" keeps him out the team for good  !  

No shame and his attitude as he walked down the touch line stank - fair got us all riled 

Feckless, hapless waste of space that he is . Attitude stinks and a total liability in that defence, can't believe we resigned him after his attitude first time round ! 

Seemed a desperate act.

I fear we may be away for more than a season this time. :(

A total revamp of the club from chairman down is required but I can't see it happening at all.

Bad times ahead.

9 minutes ago, iainmac1 said:

I can't really get my head around that Gunning incident. Never seen anyone do that before. Why not turn and kick it out of play and ask for treatment or to go off. Also it looked like he was about to just walk down away past the manager. 

He should NEVER play for United again as far as I'm concerned.

Surely a breach of contract or something to terminate his contract ?

He would be sacked in most other professions.

Lets see how he gets on finding another club after that act.

2 hours ago, Angus_Young said:

No I'm laughing at the irony in your post, which was of course your usual ill informed pish, whilst having a dig at your support, who will turn out in numbers for semi's and final's but are no where to be seen when it really matters.  

None of that bothers me you understand, but if you are going to gob off about something like attendances, you really should look a bit closer to home first no?

Oh FFS get a grip. Every other club outside of rangers and Celtic are the same - far more supporters for cup finals than their average gates. Nowhere to be seen when it matters? Just your usual I'll informed pish then? We had just under 2000 at Patrick thistle last Tuesday night - there's only a handful of teams in Scottish football that can do that.

Tell you what before you gob off about other teams supports consider how many of the peepul who come every week are either driven there by bigotry, some coming all the way from northern Ireland to shout abuse at the fenians, or glory hunters from other towns and cities who support a glasgow team despite having f@ck all to do with the place. Your crowds before the sounness era were at times a fraction of what they have been after then when your team was playing shite. Do you not remember those days?

On that basis id rather have a core 7-8000 supporters like utd have than 3 times as many of some of the crowd you get.

Talking of looking closer to home -you have had the last 4 years to do that but it appears you are still too blind to see.

But then none of this bothers you.

14 minutes ago, jock strap said:

He should NEVER play for United again as far as I'm concerned.

Surely a breach of contract or something to terminate his contract ?

He would be sacked in most other professions.

Lets see how he gets on finding another club after that act.

Correct he shouldn't play for us again. Complete arse.

1 hour ago, iainmac1 said:

Mixu was livid....knew fine there was nowt wrong with him ....apart from his heid ...in there believes he's a football player ????

52 minutes ago, ShedTA said:

Oh FFS get a grip. Every other club outside of rangers and Celtic are the same - far more supporters for cup finals than their average gates. Nowhere to be seen when it matters? Just your usual I'll informed pish then? We had just under 2000 at Patrick thistle last Tuesday night - there's only a handful of teams in Scottish football that can do that.

Tell you what before you gob off about other teams supports consider how many of the peepul who come every week are either driven there by bigotry, some coming all the way from northern Ireland to shout abuse at the fenians, or glory hunters from other towns and cities who support a glasgow team despite having f@ck all to do with the place. Your crowds before the sounness era were at times a fraction of what they have been after then when your team was playing shite. Do you not remember those days?

On that basis id rather have a core 7-8000 supporters like utd have than 3 times as many of some of the crowd you get.

Talking of looking closer to home -you have had the last 4 years to do that but it appears you are still too blind to see.

But then none of this bothers you.

WTF are you pishing about now? Genuine question as I'm scoobied.  

Anyway We sold 50k in the 3rd division against East Stirling with THE worst Rangers team ever on the pitch. Where the feck is the glory in that? :)

Crowds go up and down, it's the nature of the game and tbh it's something, I rarely, if ever, comment on as I know myself how hard it is to be committed to a fitba' team every week.  Just in case you haven't quite grasped it, my posts were meant as a wind up, which seem to have hit the spot, given the bedwetting you are now doing. 

I will say this though, to sell out that game today was fantastic and turned a diddy trophy (let's be honest here) into a bit of a spectacle. I know it sticks in your craw, as you hate everything to do with us, but something like that today can only be good for our game on the whole. Or, if you are this bitter, as you prove time and again, maybe it's better to turn it into something negative? 

8 hours ago, Rossy said:

Pretty hilarious watching Sevco fans celebrating being ahead in the Joe's Chip Shop cup final. 

Their first cup win getting closer by though. It must be exciting. 

The players looked embarrased to wave it in the air when they went to get it.