St. Patrick's Day - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

St. Patrick's Day

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Haggis McBasher said:

You're not even sitting anywhere in Scotland, which is probably why you feel the need to act all uber Jock and xenophobic to make up for it.

You're not very bright, are you? Can you show me where I was xenophobic you stupid troll? 

Edited by Ormond

Guest flumax

I seem to work away every "patty" day (it's d ya daft yanks) Boston, Canada..This year Norway . The world loves it. Not bad for a century old country. 

Just got in, dreading seeing my credit card bill in the morning. 120NOK /35cl in a place called hendricks (Irish name?)  It's like CASC /brewdog but norwegian prices with the locals loving all  things Irish. 

Lots of them saying they were wanting Scottish indy for a prolonged Irish /Scots p! Ss up. 

Breakfast in 6h, then back in the pub with Faroese, Norwegian, swedes and danes later before my evening flight. They love paddy day.... Wish me luck

On 3/16/2016 at 8:43 AM, Ormond said:

I'm near greetin' wae it here. It's not just one day to these ####ers.

Chicago must be one of the worst places on the planet if you're not into it, don't they even dye the river there green!? :lol:

Parade this Sunday in Tokyo which is surprisingly quite big.

7 hours ago, Ormond said:

You're not very bright, are you? Can you show me where I was xenophobic you stupid troll? 

The majority of your posts are ya weapon.

Either that or you try and slag folk for liking English football just to show how Scottish you are despite living on the other side of the world. Give it up.

7 minutes ago, derekfaejapan said:

:lol: You've posted on this board under several usernames, but I'm the Internet loner.

I come on as a Scotland fan and a football fan. You come on because it's all you have in your life because you're a 40 something abomination.

Oh, and a confirmed shitebag, mustn't forget that.

1 hour ago, Haggis McBasher said:

I come on as a Scotland fan and a football fan. You come on because it's all you have in your life because you're a 40 something abomination.

Oh, and a confirmed shitebag, mustn't forget that.

Amazing stuff! You must be right then, all of the above - all true, mate :ok:

If only my life was as great as yours :lol:

1 hour ago, Bristolhibby said:

Maybe if they abolished St Patrick's Day it would stop all of this furore? 

My oldest is just back from Dublin. He flew over yesterday and back this morning just to see what the craic was like there. Not sure how it went as he was unable to properly communicate before hitting his pit.

The most manufactured 'holiday' in world history.

Kudos though to the Guinness marketing division, who are effectively responsible for anyone outside Dublin knowing that it exists at all.

If Tennents had been half as sharp 30 years ago we could have had d1ckheads all over the globe getting pished on cooking lager and pretending they were half Scottish for a day.

Edited by Rossy

15 minutes ago, Rossy said:

The most manufactured 'holiday' in world history.

Kudos though to the Guinness marketing division, who are effectively responsible for anyone outside Dublin knowing that it exists at all.

If Tennents had been half as sharp 30 years ago we could have had d1ckheads all over the globe getting pished on cooking lager and pretending they were half Scottish for a day.

I said pretty much this to a Sun journalist at the squad photo event under Burley when all the fans sat behind the team.

I'm amazed that the Sun never picked up on it and tried to push it.

1 hour ago, Rossy said:

Who'd want to drink Tennents on St Patrick's day though ;)