Time To Ditch Hampden For Semi Finals? - Page 5 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Time To Ditch Hampden For Semi Finals?

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because accidental contact should not be a red card, as anyone who has ever played football can attest. It can be a penalty, but never a red card.

Ain't no apologist for either of the ugly sisters, but that was never ever deserving of a red card.

If that were to happen to Considine in midweek you would be spitting fire.

And rightly so.

You're 100% incorrect. He was rightly sent off.

You might think the laws of the game are a bit unfair (I'd agree) but they were correctly applied here.

Considine is an expert in being a clumsy khqunt in the box against Celtic and getting regularly red carded.

I'm absolutely certain that he 'didn't mean' any of his numerous daft elephant like fouls, but he's been sent-off so many times you think he might learn.

You'd think.

Congratulations Ross County!

The Ronny treble roar is withheld for at least one more season. Or permanently...?

They won't sack him. Even defeat at todders probably wouldnt be enough to make this board act. The 'project' continues.

You're 100% incorrect. He was rightly sent off.

You might think the laws of the game are a bit unfair (I'd agree) but they were correctly applied here.

There was no intent on the part of Ambrose, that much is obvious.

As such, the laws weren't implemented properly Parkie.

My interpretation is that it was an incorrect decision on the part of Craig Thomson.

Just my opinion, and I fully accept that you have a different one.

You have no right or justification to say that I am 100% incorrect, though.

There was no intent on the part of Ambrose, that much is obvious.

As such, the laws weren't implemented properly Parkie.

My interpretation is that it was an incorrect decision on the part of Craig Thomson.

Just my opinion, and I fully accept that you have a different one.

You have no right or justification to say that I am 100% incorrect, though.

I'm saying you're 100% incorrect because you are. You need to read up on the laws of the games.

I'm saying you're 100% incorrect because you are. You need to read up on the laws of the games.

As I said in my previous post - Adam Rooney at Firhill this season.

Parkie, yet again you don't help yourself by being an arrogant ##### in the face of another opinion that is different to your own.

A little bit of humility and keeping the debate in the spirit in which it is intended would help.

If it isn't then every handball in the box would be a penalty or a foul, yes?

See Mikel Lustig and Adam Rooney at Firhill this season and make your own mind up.

For fouls involving kicking, tripping and general fouling, then it needs to be careless, reckless or using excessive force. Ambrose's challenge would be careless.

There is no concept of "deliberate" as far as these offences are concerned, deliberate only applies to handball.

It was a clear foul in the penalty box and denied an obvious goalscoring opportunity, so the ref got both the penalty and the sending off correct.

As I said in my previous post - Adam Rooney at Firhill this season.

Parkie, yet again you don't help yourself by being an arrogant ##### in the face of another opinion that is different to your own.

A little bit of humility and keeping the debate in the spirit in which it is intended would help.

Unfortunately for you Parkie is right on this occasion. As has been described intent has heehaw to do with this decision.

For fouls involving kicking, tripping and general fouling, then it needs to be careless, reckless or using excessive force. Ambrose's challenge would be careless.

There is no concept of "deliberate" as far as these offences are concerned, deliberate only applies to handball.

It was a clear foul in the penalty box and denied an obvious goalscoring opportunity, so the ref got both the penalty and the sending off correct.

Disagree on the basis that Ambrose wasn't even attempting a challenge - his contact was unintentional and therefore not deliberate.

If you were the defender would you really have described that contact as a challenge?

Unfortunately for you Parkie is right on this occasion. As has been described intent has heehaw to do with this decision.

So, if I accept you and Parkie's reasoning, then why were Adam Rooney and Mikel Lustig's unintentional handballs at Firhill earlier this season not similarly punished?

It's one or the other - it cannot be both.

So, if I accept you and Parkie's reasoning, then why were Adam Rooney and Mikel Lustig's unintentional handballs at Firhill earlier this season not similarly punished?

It's one or the other - it cannot be both.

Because hand ball has to be deliberate. No other offence does.

Disagree on the basis that Ambrose wasn't even attempting a challenge - his contact was unintentional and therefore not deliberate.

If you were the defender would you really have described that contact as a challenge?

LAW 12 - FOULS AND MISCONDUCT

Direct free kick

A direct free kick is awarded to the opposing team if a player commits any of the following seven offences in a manner considered by the referee to be careless, reckless or using excessive force:

• kicks or attempts to kick an opponent

• trips or attempts to trip an opponent

• jumps at an opponent

• charges an opponent

• strikes or attempts to strike an opponent

• pushes an opponent

• tackles an opponent

The bit in bold, that's what Ambrose did.

I'm a ##### because you think fouls have to be deliberate and won't accept you're wrong when it's been explained.

Belter.

Parkie you come across as an arrogant ##### because of your attitude, and the way you convey it to fellow posters.

You have plenty of previous in this regard.

Your opinion I have no problem with.

I hear what you're saying coupled with what Kumnio said earlier about the contact being minimal. However, both are irrelevant and the ref got it right.

Could they adopt a rule where in similar instances if the pen is scored, then the penalised player is permitted back onto the pitch? If it's missed, they are red carded? Avoids the "double whammy".

Parkie you come across as an arrogant ##### because of your attitude, and the way you convey it to fellow posters.

You have plenty of previous in this regard.

Your opinion I have no problem with.

Just admit you're wrong instead of trying to blame someone else.

What does any of this do with the fact you're wrong.

What a fecking tantrum to have.