Capacity of Olympiapark fan zone - Scotland v Germany - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Capacity of Olympiapark fan zone

kpt

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, kpt said:

Hi, I read that the fan zone park in Munich only holds 25,000 people. Can anyone confirm this?

Think that's the figure. Definitely one of the bigger ones (Cologne for example is 7500)

Edited by thatsapenalty

I am sure I read 30k plus 6k over spill.

First come first served. But once its full, its full.

But when fans with tickets leave for the match that will leave space for folk who might be queuing.

I don't want to cause fear and panic but I would be going along early as it will be full of locals wanting to get in aswell ?

10 hours ago, Mazziessc said:

I wonder how the once full its full actually works? Me and the boy have the zip line over it booked for 2pm

Get a couple of parachutes just in case.

I just took a wander down Regent Street at one of the official uefa fan events in London. A tenner for Doritos and it was non alcohol lager

If thats the sort of fayr they’ll have on offer in Germany then I’d rather watch any games in my hotel bar

On 5/28/2024 at 9:49 AM, GroundsKeeper said:

I am sure I read 30k plus 6k over spill.

First come first served. But once its full, its full.

But when fans with tickets leave for the match that will leave space for folk who might be queuing.

I don't want to cause fear and panic but I would be going along early as it will be full of locals wanting to get in aswell ?

How are you supposed to go for a pish? It could be a 20 min round trip.

45 minutes ago, TartanDougie said:

Anyone know what it’s likely to be like inside? Taking my 75 year old dad. Will it be sit on the grass or chairs. Take a camping chair? 

There is seating (concrete steps) at the Theatron. Looks like this:

71141369-Theatron-Open-Air-Konzert-an-de

The area In front of the steps is grasy and looks like this:

1488471200-beachbar-vorne-und-theatron-k

You are allowed to bring blankets. Doesn't specifically say no camping chairs but I'm not sure that would be allowed. A seat cushion should be fine. 

https://www.olympiapark.de/en/campaigns/program-euro-fan-zone 

Allowed items:

• Belt bags, waist bags, jute bags, gymbags up to DIN A4
  • Scrunchies and rain poncho
  • Simple 35 mm cameras without lens
  • Mobile phones, small power banks
  • Blankets
  • Sealed sun cream up to 100ml
  • Non-alcoholic drinks for personal consumption up to a maximum of 1 litre per person, but only in plastic bottles.

Important: There is no baggage drop-off for larger bags or pieces of luggage!

Prohibited Items:

• Compressed air fanfares
  • Flag or banner poles that are longer than 1 metre and/or have a diameter of more than 10 mm
  • Any kind of glass bottles
  • Professional film and photo cameras, camera tripods
  • Weapons of any kind and objects that can be used as weapons or projectile
  • Irritant cans such as deodorants, hairspray, etc.
  • Lasers of any kind, laser pointers, laser pens, etc.
  • Corrosive, highly flammable or colouring substances or other containers with substances that could be harmful to health.
  • Narcotics of any kind; it is prohibited to carry and consume cannabis.
  • Items such as tripods, stools, folding chairs, crates, prams, bicycles etc. that are considered bulky. There are free bicycle parking spaces at all three entrances to the Fan Zone.
  • Objects of a pyrotechnic nature such as flares, fireworks, torches, sparklers, etc.
  • Symbols of a political, ideological or advertising nature
  • The carrying and open display of symbols of a racist, xenophobic, radical political, ideological or discriminatory nature on media such as clothing, banners and digital advertisements, as well as the verbalisation of slogans, sayings, texts or statements of this nature.

uefa_ff24_pk_lageplan_1920x1080.thumb.jpg.0190bbed0fb415545e0c049ef9ba5b22.jpg

10 minutes ago, MunichDudelsack said:

Items such as tripods, stools, folding chairs, crates, prams, bicycles etc. that are considered bulky. There are free bicycle parking spaces at all three entrances to the Fan Zone.

I just re-read the "do's and don'ts" I posted and it does mention chairs. 

I'll be heading there with my kids after their school finishes on Friday. Cannae Wait!

On 6/6/2024 at 1:22 PM, rosscarnie said:

Are most on here planning on going to the fan park early doors? Last thing I wanna do is miss out watching it on the massive screen

There are three screens at the fan zone:

• 120 square meter screen on the Olympic Lake in front of the grass steps
  • 36 sqm screen at the Theatron
  • 21 sqm screen under the Magic Sky on Hans-Jochen-Vogel-Platz

I'm hoping they haven't underestimated the numbers, I'm thinking it will be packed.

On 6/6/2024 at 2:18 PM, rosscarnie said:

Also, does someone ken if it opens on the Friday at 12:00 CET or 13:00 CET

Opens at 1pm German time.

Get there early and put your blankets down. Beat the Germans at their own game! 

2 hours ago, biffer said:

Will it be likely that capacity will free up about 6 or 7 pm? Given there will likely be thousands going from the fan zone into the stadium?

I can’t see that many ticket holders going to that fan zone but I guess there will be some.