Your Club Highlights 2015 - Page 3 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Your Club Highlights 2015

Ah the 'looking forward to a change of scenery' phase

Comes to us all

Soon to be followed by the 'might even win the challenge cup' phase

I've come thru Fear, Denial and Anger. Now approaching Acceptance and probs then onto Whataboutery, Bravado and Alloa...

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1st division has the potential to be a lot of fun. When ICT were relegated you started to look at it as something to look forward to. Different teams, terracing, we also had a derby game back again.

Started off fun then got depressing, frustrating and shit, worse than being near the bottom of the top league, as we sat mid table no where near the top of the league. Then things clicked and we started hammering everyone and it was back to being fun again and eventually ran away with the league.

Depends how you fair in the league.

Its kinda weird that Aberdeen fans have replaced Celtic fans as being the most sensitive. Anyone mentions anything remotely negative about the glorious reds and loads of them kick off, its comical. Aberdeen are miles ahead of the likes of Hamilton one week, but a few bad results later and they are doing brilliantly to be where they are, its quite bizarre.

Keeping the thread kinda on topic, my club highlight of the year was Hogmanay, crap year to be a DFC fan, despite finishing top 6, we were shyte, and this season has continued being shyte.

Priceless stuff reading that they think it was that good a result.

I think that most non-dandies would agree that the 3-0 win in Croatia was a good result.

It's hardly one of the best results in Europe for a Scottish team.

I think it could be our best away result in Europe.

When we won the ECWC we drew in Munich with the away win in Poznan probably the pick of the away results. I suppose some would rate a draw in Munich as the better result.

Plenty of decent draws but not until Groningen last year did we get another away win against a higher ranked team.

Rijeka's last 3 home Euro results before us were 2-0 win v Standard Liege, 2-2 with Seville and 3-1 win against Feyenoord. I think we're entitled to look at that as one of if not the best away result we've had in Europe.

How that stacks up against what other teams have achieved away from home is a different debate for me.

Edited by AberdeenAngus

Agree with you AA, it was undoubtably the best European result for a Scottish club last year.

Think people jumped on the best Scottish team result in many years/ever comment(s).

You didn't expect anything else did you :lol:

I didn't claim that as I wouldn't claim to know the history or context of other team's away wins.

From memory Utd have had a few though which would rank very high in a Scottish list of away Euro wins. Our best results all came at home bar the final in Gothenburg.

It certainly sh1ts all over Motherwells away victories over Llanelli, Katowice, mypa 47 and breidablik!

:lol:

Your probably back to the late 80s to find anything outside the old firm that would rival it. Possibly StJohnstone beating Rosenborg over 2 legs?

I didn't claim that as I wouldn't claim to know the history or context of other team's away wins.

From memory Utd have had a few though which would rank very high in a Scottish list of away Euro wins. Our best results all came at home bar the final in Gothenburg.

United won 5-2 in Monaco, 2-0 at Borussia MGB, 2-1 at Barca (x2) just for a start. I know, I know I'm living in the past but at the moment I'll take any chance I can get.

Sorry, I should have highlighted it wasn't you who mentioned it.

My bad.

Like Adam said, United famous wins were way back in the good old days of the 80's, when money and Sky didn't ruin it :(

Sorry, I should have highlighted it wasn't you who mentioned it.

My bad.

Like Adam said, United famous wins were way back in the good old days of the 80's, when money and Sky didn't ruin it :(

Your "My bad" should be thrown into that Wanky Phrases thread. :worried:

Your "My bad" should be thrown into that Wanky Phrases thread. :worried:

It's already there but don't know why mate.

Self confession is something that lots of people fault to do....this board especially would be a much better place :ok: