Utd At Hearts - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Utd At Hearts

Motherwell winning (of course).

If I were Thompson I would seriously consider if it was worth throwing money at this in January when the cause is already lost. Maybe cut the wage bill and give the young boys six months of first team experience as Hearts did, ready for a promotion push next year.

5/2 for Utd on Saturday, Dundee are evens which is comical.

I genuinely think Utd will win.

That is insane odds. I also expect Utd to win, but we will probably have to score four goals to do it.

Could just as easily be 5-0 Dundee. Hopefully a new year and a new start.

Whatever happened to the Japanese keeper that they signed? He has played at a very high standard

Have waited seven weeks for a work permit and attendant other red tape. He only signed officially yesterday. Maybe he'll be in for Saturday but I hae ma doots.

Damage is done now anyway. Eight months to put it right ready for next season.

If it's the same keeper as tonight it will be a dundee win, he was horrendous, as was our finishing in the second half

He's been gash for weeks. Been as good as a goal start every game. For me, the lack of a proper goalkeeper is the reason for our predicament. Or one of them anyway.

He's been gash for weeks. Been as good as a goal start every game. For me, the lack of a proper goalkeeper is the reason for our predicament. Or one of them anyway.

With a decent goalkeeper we still would be struggling because of how poor the rest of the squad is but probably still in touch with the teams above. It beggars believe how MacNamara thought that having 3 young goalkeepers with something like 4 top flight games was ever going to work - especially given how how poorly those young keepers had played in those games.

I have always believed that we had a chance of staying up because Mixu would be able to bring his own players in January but I am losing confidence in Mixu himself. No recognised striker in tne second half. Swapping defensive midfield players with 10 minutes to go when you are a goal down, you have no more substitutions and haven't had a shot on target since halftime. This strange goalie not allowed to kick the ball long ploy (3 centre halfs, one in front of the box, one left, one right, keeper passes the ball to one of them who kicks it long or mispasses it. WTF is that all about?)

Unless we have 4 new players in very soon, I really think we are down. Unfortunately I am not getting any sense of urgency from the club that they are prepared to do that.

With a decent goalkeeper we still would be struggling because of how poor the rest of the squad is but probably still in touch with the teams above. It beggars believe how MacNamara thought that having 3 young goalkeepers with something like 4 top flight games was ever going to work - especially given how how poorly those young keepers had played in those games.

I have always believed that we had a chance of staying up because Mixu would be able to bring his own players in January but I am losing confidence in Mixu himself. No recognised striker in tne second half. Swapping defensive midfield players with 10 minutes to go when you are a goal down, you have no more substitutions and haven't had a shot on target since halftime. This strange goalie not allowed to kick the ball long ploy (3 centre halfs, one in front of the box, one left, one right, keeper passes the ball to one of them who kicks it long or mispasses it. WTF is that all about?)

Unless we have 4 new players in very soon, I really think we are down. Unfortunately I am not getting any sense of urgency from the club that they are prepared to do that.

I agree with all that apart from the "Unless" bit at the end. We're down. We said we had to stay in touch till January and we haven't.