March/ May Friendlies - Page 6 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

March/ May Friendlies

liviloyal

• Replies 623
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Though does not go into any real detail (and does take the chance to stick the boot in......) large bit in the Daily Mail on potential Scotland v Russia game.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3358743/Russia-want-use-Scotland-warm-England-clash-European-Championship.html

Also mentions South Korea again, which was rumored last month.

Northern Ireland v Poland have called off their March friendly after having been drawn in the same group.

Can see us playing one of them in March (NI more likely if the two)

Playing Northern Ireland again would be a bizarre choice. Infact playing either of them would be given we've played Poland 3 times in 2 years.

Playing Northern Ireland again would be a bizarre choice. Infact playing either of them would be given we've played Poland 3 times in 2 years.

Only see us playing NI if they offer us a good deal on the official opening of the complete Windsor Park.

I believe England is their first choice for that, but I suspect we will play in Belfast at some point over the next 2 years.

Only see us playing NI if they offer us a good deal on the official opening of the complete Windsor Park.

I believe England is their first choice for that, but I suspect we will play in Belfast at some point over the next 2 years.

I thought England had said they weren't keen.

Certainly wouldn't be surprised if we played in NI at some point over next year.

Applying logic to Scotland's choices of friendly opposition is not in keeping with what the SFA themselves do.

Given that both those teams are now left scratching around for an opponent, whilst half of Europe already have fixtures organised, could well mean that we will possibly fill the void? (I'm merely speculating I hasten to add)

England were the IFA's first choice by all accounts but their fans didn't want that. We are definitely their first choice for that

Belgium have name dropped us as a possible opponent, and even gone as far as saying we are probably the best placed teams for getting offers for games between now and June.

I'd probably rather see us play some sides who were lower down the rankings where we could (Not that we ever would) try some new young players and try things out.

If you can arrange for the game to be Friday night and Stranraer to be at home on the Saturday?

Pretty sure Northern Ireland's stadium is still ####ed though.

Being re built right now and will be finished for May 19,000 seater stadium. As far as I have been told over here we will be the opening game for it and will be given 3k-4k ticket allocation

I expect that either the March or May friendly will be in Belfast. Would no doubt suit both countries.

I would love a May trip to Moscow. Fights cheap,visa expensive.

Trip to Moscow would be great, but from the sound of it, a trip to play them is some backwater town in Germany/Austria/Northern Italy is more likely.