March/ May Friendlies - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

March/ May Friendlies

liviloyal

I'm hearing from over here in NI that it will be Northern Ireland at Windsor park, end of May, possibly the bank holiday weekend to officially open the new Windsor Park. Dependent on it being finished I think, but it should be. Also think it will be based on us recieving about 3-4k in tickets for it.

:ok:

• Replies 623
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Malta will be tough. It will be no Gibraltar that's for sure. Just have a look at their results in the last campaign and you will see.

We need to win, we should win but anyone who thinks we will hammer them will be disappointed...Unfortunately.

after tiblisi we can't take any team lightly. Except gibraltar!

I'm hearing from over here in NI that it will be Northern Ireland at Windsor park, end of May, possibly the bank holiday weekend to officially open the new Windsor Park. Dependent on it being finished I think, but it should be. Also think it will be based on us recieving about 3-4k in tickets for it.

Yes please.

How good are Malta ? Do you think he will want an away game with similar opposition/ climate.

Another potential tiblisi, don't win there and it would be a huge mountain to climb.

Malta are difficult to beat, only beat 1-0 by Italy twice, and realistically are very rarely beat by more than 2 nowadays.

They also drew away to Bulgaria last campaign and are much more solid and professional than in the past.

A real banana skin game to start the campaign and one I can see going badly wrong.

We should be looking to play Cyprus or Greece away in May to get a similar match to what Malta away will be. We have got to win this game and it won't be as easy as some think.

Yes please......very easy point......

Reports in South Korea that they will be coming to Europe in May and we are named along with Italy and Denmark as possible opponents

They played Ghana at Easter Road before the 2006 World Cup. Almost all the fans were in the ground a few minutes after the gates opened and they sang nonstop. After full time they even tidied up after themselves!!

They played Ghana at Easter Road before the 2006 World Cup. Almost all the fans were in the ground a few minutes after the gates opened and they sang nonstop. After full time they even tidied up after themselves!!

remember the Japanese fans at France 98 World Cup taking away all there rubbish we should do that at Trafalgar Square next year lol

Wee rumour I got was Iceland are keen on a game and Regan has been in discussions about this and other stuff such as their youth set up.

If I am a betting man.

March = France.....yes France away. This would be a tasty money spinner for SFA.

May = Iceland home & NIre or Czechs away.

Edited by Eastiebeastie

Wee rumour I got was Iceland are keen on a game and Regan has been in discussions about this and other stuff such as their youth set up.

If I am a betting man.

March = France.....yes France away. This would be a tasty money spinner for SFA.

Not 100% sure but I think Fance have their March fixtures sorted (Netherland and Russia rings a bell)

If I am a betting man.

I will take your bet! As wanderer says about France already have their March games confirmed - so do Italy, England, Spain, Liechtenstein, Germany and the Netherlands.

please no Cardiff again

I love Cardiff. Only a couple of hours on the train for me.

Easy away point.

Shame I've never seen us win there in 3 attempts.

2004 4-0

2009 3-0

2012 2-1

F - 1

A - 9

GD - minus 8

J

Edited by Bristolhibby