Elo - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Sorry but I hate ELO with a vengeance, at best they're a bad Beatles tribute band and I could never understand how they were so successful.

But don't you also hate Celtic with a vengeance and you are unable to understand how they have been so successful either?

Seriously though - plenty of excellent ELO stuff pre A New World Record, at which point the plot got lost. Living Thing is for sure one of the best pop tunes ever. Evil Woman too.

But don't you also hate Celtic with a vengeance and you are unable to understand how they have been so successful either?

Seriously though - plenty of excellent ELO stuff pre A New World Record, at which point the plot got lost. Living Thing is for sure one of the best pop tunes ever. Evil Woman too.

A few good tracks on A New World Record ('Rockaria' is pretty good, despite the crap title), but things certainly went catastrophically shite after that.

Sorry but I hate ELO with a vengeance, at best they're a bad Beatles tribute band and I could never understand how they were so successful.

Blimey, and I thought The Beatles were becoming an ELO tribute band after listening to Free As A Bird and Real Love. But I dont see that as a bad thing because I like both groups

Give me peace, it's derivative MOR dross and Wizzard were miles better.

I'll happily give you peace Larky. It's all about opinions and mine is different than yours on ELO.

So you can bugger off back to your New Order thread with the knowledge that they were rank average at best at the Ancienne Belgique in Brussels last Friday.

:wink2:

Edited by Barney Rubble

I'll happily give you peace Larky. It's all about opinions and mine is different than yours on ELO.

So you can bugger off back to your New Order thread with the knowledge that they were rank average at best at the Ancienne Belgique in Brussels last Friday.

:wink2:

As I have previously stated I gave up on New Order after Waiting for the Sirens Call which was beyond shite though still better than anything ELO have released, in my opinion of course.

At School i Loved ELO... they were my band, i got everything they ever did, Jeff Lynne solo stuff, the Early Idle Race,the Move, Polish Imports, coloured vinyl ,10'' 12'' cassetes, vhs, violinski single and albums.. box sets, japanese imports, .
FFS I even had the 10 inch Pink Vinyl of Xanadu....
posters, books, badges, t shirts, everything,
I remembered all their names Bev Bevan, (who Lennon said was better than Ringo,) Mike de Alberqueque, ( great name) kelly groucett, Richard Tandy ,mik kaminski etc etc
They were great in their time From New world record thru to Time,
Cant get it out of my head, Ticket to the Moon, Horace Wimp, Sweet Talking Woman, dont walk away, excellent lesser known tunes.

After Time, they were shite... secret messages was pish...
I dont think i ever listened to them after 1982..... ( i found girls were more fun) and girls didnt dance to ELO...

recently Will.I.AM did a song using Its Over as the main background of his song and i started listening to them again..
brought back some memories of teenage band collectors OCD...

Might get a ticket for next year for nostalgia sake....

A few good tracks on A New World Record ('Rockaria' is pretty good, despite the crap title), but things certainly went catastrophically shite after that.

Nicked that from my uncle when I was a kid and listened to A New World Record constantly.

Give me peace, it's derivative MOR dross and Wizzard were miles better.

It makes me laugh when bands are described as middle of the road as if you need to be on one side or other to make good music. however I do often ask what is considered either side of the road according to the person using the term MOR and quite often it is harmless pish.......

It makes me laugh when bands are described as middle of the road as if you need to be on one side or other to make good music. however I do often ask what is considered either side of the road according to the person using the term MOR and quite often it is harmless pish.......

Harmless pish would be a good title for an ELO album.

At School i Loved ELO... they were my band, i got everything they ever did, Jeff Lynne solo stuff, the Early Idle Race,the Move, Polish Imports, coloured vinyl ,10'' 12'' cassetes, vhs, violinski single and albums.. box sets, japanese imports, .

FFS I even had the 10 inch Pink Vinyl of Xanadu....

posters, books, badges, t shirts, everything,

I remembered all their names Bev Bevan, (who Lennon said was better than Ringo,) Mike de Alberqueque, ( great name) kelly groucett, Richard Tandy ,mik kaminski etc etc

They were great in their time From New world record thru to Time,

Cant get it out of my head, Ticket to the Moon, Horace Wimp, Sweet Talking Woman, dont walk away, excellent lesser known tunes.

After Time, they were shite... secret messages was pish...

I dont think i ever listened to them after 1982..... ( i found girls were more fun) and girls didnt dance to ELO...

recently Will.I.AM did a song using Its Over as the main background of his song and i started listening to them again..

brought back some memories of teenage band collectors OCD...

Might get a ticket for next year for nostalgia sake....

:ok:

Out of the Blue is a terrific double album. Just bought it on vinyl.