Children In Need - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Children In Need

It's that time of year again that all the old sweetie wife's in the office live for, the same shiftless old b'astards who love nothing more than it being somebody's birthday or a leaving doo so they can run about getting leaving/birthday cards signed by everyone, not to mentioned half a morning away for the trip to the card factory 3 stops away on the bus. Funny how they always come back eyes glazed and on top of the world eh

They'll be in the Store first thing buying some cheap arsed shitey crispy cakes ready to flog for 50p a go and no doubt been boring the pants aff you for weeks during "team huddles" for any old bottles or donations so they can spend all day away from doing their actual job just to organise a fcukin tombola and raffle.

Be strong folks. JUST SAY NO!

Lazy old kuntz. Nothing more, nothing less

Edited by DoonTheSlope

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

£1 each for my 2 so they can dress down whatever that means at school. Couple pound each for raffle and cake stall. A £5 last night for a donation on my phone something on the 1 show. So £10 so far and counting as I doubt I'll get through the rest of the day without giving again.

Jesus you're a right charitable bunch on here.

Being Bears we are much more charitable. We just give oot money away. In fact we are even nice enough to give other folks money away, that's what a good lot we are.....

Agree with OP. When I worked in an office we got the same pish. Just off and gies peace ya foosty auld bat!!!!

Just went into a baker.

Lassie behind the counter "Would you like a pudsey cake?"

Me: "no"

Lassie: "well would you like to donate for one and not take it?"

Lassie: "you're not very charitable now,are you?"

Rest of shop looks at me like I'm an utter .

I don't care one bit.

My rolls were fine too.

CIN are the biggest funder of the charity I manage so I see the difference the appeal makes to people. I never watch the shite on telly as I can't think of anything worse than a bunch of tax dodging celebrities trying to muscle in on the act with their cringey sketches but the charity itself definitely gets a big thumbs up from me. Been on funding courses with them and met other projects that are doing similar work to ourselves, money going to a lot of good causes.

Just went into a baker.

Lassie behind the counter "Would you like a pudsey cake?"

Lassie: "well would you like to donate for one and not take it?"

Lassie: "you're not very charitable now,are you?"

Rest of shop looks at me like I'm an utter ######.

I don't care one bit.

My rolls were fine too.

Well done my friend. This is a man with backbone

Not just work.

Don't forget that tonight for your viewing pleasure, if you so choose, you can have heartbreaking stories rammed down your throat every two minutes, interspersed with the hilarious antics of Joe Schmoe from Redruth being wheeled around the town centre in a bath full of frog spawn or the like.

Cannae wait.