Ssc Renewal Information - Page 19 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Ssc Renewal Information

Debian

• Replies 530
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, wheres the pies said:

got the polo shirt this morning have you seen what it says on the label ? going by our current form it will be a long time before it gets a wash ?

no read it again -- "wash after every game unless we win" -- we will be washing it a lot and it will fade away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

shirt is thin and also the packaging was poor, good thing i was in when package arrived might have got damaged being put through letter box !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

maybe expecting too much ??.

56 minutes ago, wanderer said:

Anyone feel that the SSC card quality is poor? Almost like it's been printed on cardboard and just a case of when it will snap

agree -- thin and flimsy compared to last one

I didn't take advantage of the early bird offer but can't for the life of me find a deadline date for renewal!!

Appreciate it if someone could let me know or point me in right direction. The FAQ section on the supporters pages in SFA website mentions ''after this period' (being the early bird deadline......but no end date! #aweebitanxious!

2 hours ago, ScotsRik said:

I didn't take advantage of the early bird offer but can't for the life of me find a deadline date for renewal!!

Appreciate it if someone could let me know or point me in right direction. The FAQ section on the supporters pages in SFA website mentions ''after this period' (being the early bird deadline......but no end date! #aweebitanxious!

Sure its open to new members now, think it was 2nd.

2 hours ago, ScotsRik said:

I hope your aware that you'll have lost any away points which were accrued and will start again at zero?

3 hours ago, DoonTheSlope said:
3 hours ago, DoonTheSlope said:

I hope your aware that you'll have lost any away points which were accrued and will start again at zero?

I've just found deadline date at the bottom of email relating to specific away games - a separate email would have been nice - or urgent reminder.

I had it in my head that it was 8th as this was a month after (extended) early bird offer. I have done it now and hope extra fiver is my penalty! I was really worried about losing points, but just found a tweet and answer from the 3rd March asking SSC the very same and they replied you will keep your point! We have 6 points x 2 so is a biggie! Hope there is no difference in their treatment between 3rd March and 5th March!

Incidentally, I was able to log-in and buy membership using my normal log-in credentials.....so hopefully all ok. Do you have definitive proof that I would lose all points......I'm not doubting you but keen to know and at the same time not sure SSC tweet is definitive!!

54 minutes ago, ScotsRik said:

I've just found deadline date at the bottom of email relating to specific away games - a separate email would have been nice - or urgent reminder.

I had it in my head that it was 8th as this was a month after (extended) early bird offer. I have done it now and hope extra fiver is my penalty! I was really worried about losing points, but just found a tweet and answer from the 3rd March asking SSC the very same and they replied you will keep your point! We have 6 points x 2 so is a biggie! Hope there is no difference in their treatment between 3rd March and 5th March!

Incidentally, I was able to log-in and buy membership using my normal log-in credentials.....so hopefully all ok. Do you have definitive proof that I would lose all points......I'm not doubting you but keen to know and at the same time not sure SSC tweet is definitive!!

People on here have posted in the past theyhave missed the deadline and they lost any points that they had

54 minutes ago, ScotsRik said:

Do you have definitive proof that I would lose all points......I'm not doubting you but keen to know and at the same time not sure SSC tweet is definitive!!

Its happened to people in the past. The answer will be you had 3 months to renew. You will be classed as a new member.

On 04/03/2016 at 10:45 AM, wheres the pies said:

got the polo shirt this morning have you seen what it says on the label ? going by our current form it will be a long time before it gets a wash ?

"100% Scottish", "made in China"

6 minutes ago, scottincarlisle said:

Its happened to people in the past. The answer will be you had 3 months to renew. You will be classed as a new member.

Just not the definitive answer to the question.

SSC tweeted someone already saying he would KEEP his point. That was a Tweet from 3rd March.

2 minutes ago, ScotsRik said:

Just not the definitive answer to the question.

SSC tweeted someone already saying he would KEEP his point. That was a Tweet from 3rd March.

If you have only paid £50 that's renewal price as new members are £55. You may be ok. Phone the SSC they are always helpful. 

The T-shirt would have been a cracker if they had just left the collar as the same colour as the rest of the shirt but with the tartan trim on the inside and on the "pocket".

Lacoste did something similar about 25 years ago and they were an absolute classic.

All sorted now!! Maybe something to do with the renewal process being online and accessed through the very same log-in route as you would normally use - but original membership numbers AND POINTS retained!! Relieved is an understatement! My penalty of course was the extra £5 (or tenner compared to early bird offer). It would have been heart-breaking! Just scrolling down the list of previous purchases amounts to a fair few quid and adding in travel/hotels comes to tens of thousands.

I have never been one to criticise the team in the SSC (quite the opposite) and actually have liked meeting them at the odd ticket pick-up but to go back to zero due to missing a deadline by a couple of days would have been hard to take. Sorry for doubting any of your posts but I had seen conflicting info and was (obviously) a bit anxious! Here's to the next trip!:beer2: