Pressies From Ta Trips - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Pressies From Ta Trips

The chocolate thread got me thinking about this as I did well bringing my Mrs (gf at the time) Belgian truffles from Brussels about 2000.

Admit selfish reasons as I was always looking ahead to the next trip !

What gifts have you brought back and how well were they received ?

I suspect some gifts may not have been welcome or noticed immediately.....

A certain well-known Tamber took his bird some wool and some parmesan cheese! That was the wierdest I've heard of but he was adamant that she would love it....though he did subsequently post a late night thread about her accusing him of being lazy in bed so maybe she wasn't that impressed.

The chocolate thread got me thinking about this as I did well bringing my Mrs (gf at the time) Belgian truffles from Brussels about 2000.

Admit selfish reasons as I was always looking ahead to the next trip !

What gifts have you brought back and how well were they received ?

I suspect some gifts may not have been welcome or noticed immediately.....

Bring the kids back something every trip, bought what turned out to be a yoo hoo on one trip, now they have some collection of them.

Don't usually buy the wife anything

A certain well-known Tamber took his bird some wool and some parmesan cheese! That was the wierdest I've heard of but he was adamant that she would love it....though he did subsequently post a late night thread about her accusing him of being lazy in bed so maybe she wasn't that impressed.

I brought myself back some parmesan and taleggio from Bari. Fairly sure the stench was attributed to my socks by fellow passengers.

Will that poor spider boy ever live that down? :D

You are my go-to guy for Saintees jokes now my mate has moved jobs. If it feels like stalking, wellll.....probably guilty ;)

I get all tingly when I see your name pop up. I just know you're going to tease me with an agriculture quip.

I brought myself back some parmesan and taleggio from Bari. Fairly sure the stench was attributed to my socks by fellow passengers.

parmesan from Italy I could understand but we were in Sweden on the way back from Norway.....

Slovenia match 2007 - 1 of the lads from inverurie took a trip to the sex shop with his mates

gifts to then said girlfriend were double ended Dildo and a few other things 0 obviously handled by a few hands beforehand

Edited by euan2020

Always take a fridge magnet back for my mum. I got her a nice one in Gori with Sep Stallin on it. It's sitting nicely in the middle off the fridge door for everyone to see

I always bring a fridge magnet back as well.

I've got 3 Pope's on my fridge ???

Imagine a bigot like me having him on my fridge.

Brought back a hat that said "Amsterdam" on it.

She took one look at it and never wore it.

There was also a long running joke that every time my in laws go on holiday they bring back a pretty horrific looking dish towel for us. Didn't start out as deliberate but they knew how much we hated them and kept doing it.

I took great delight in bringing back a howler from Brussels with the pishing-boy-statue bang in the middle of it

I've always been a good boy - buying my Mum something on school trips etc - she still has some of that junk ! My Mrs has done really well out of it - Icelandic wool blanket, a locally made poncho-thingy from Lithuania, and some decent wine or other booze. Most embarrassing was telling her that the Dortmund club shop in the square had 'that knicker shop you like' next door. She says, "So what are you getting me ?" I said, "A Borussia Dortmund away strip ?"

Anyway, Dutch courage saw me go into the Wolford lingerie shop and spend a fortune, and one of the boys came in too as he was needing the points. Let's just say that was probably the best idea I have ever had/been put up to. My mate had a similarly positive reaction with his Mrs. B)

I appreciate that Wolford sussies etc are not quite as classy as a double-ended dildo, a mannekin-pis tea towel or a Pope fridge magnet.

Edited by killiefaetheferry