Hibernian Vs Rangers - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Hibernian Vs Rangers

Well the Hibees are on fine form just now, great result today at Raith. Think this is possibly our strongest squad since before Calderwoods reign.

Sets up the game next Sunday nicely against Rangers at Easter Road on Sunday. Hoping St Mirren can do us a wee turn to help us narrow the gap.

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1st half you were the better team and there was nothing raith keeper could do about the 1st goal. We showed hibs too much respect and looked nervy. But second half we were better and showed that putting hibs under a bit of pressure, they start to get very shaky, we were denied a stonewall penalty, another one that possibly could have been a penalty when our player went off injured. The referees performance was disgraceful, but unfortunately typical of the standard across scotland. Thought you were lucky to be leaving kirkcaldy with 3 points.

Well the Hibees are on fine form just now, great result today at Raith. Think this is possibly our strongest squad since before Calderwoods reign.

Sets up the game next Sunday nicely against Rangers at Easter Road on Sunday. Hoping St Mirren can do us a wee turn to help us narrow the gap.

Looking forward to it. Fair to say you boys have upped your game a bit since the last meeting, whilst our performances have undoubtedly dipped. We are still winning games though (St Johnston aside) and I don't think form necessarily plays as big a part in these games. It's must win for you boys, I would say, which is the only incentive either side should need.

Close game I reckon. I'll go with say 2-1 Rangers.

1st half you were the better team and there was nothing raith keeper could do about the 1st goal. We showed hibs too much respect and looked nervy. But second half we were better and showed that putting hibs under a bit of pressure, they start to get very shaky, we were denied a stonewall penalty, another one that possibly could have been a penalty when our player went off injured. The referees performance was disgraceful, but unfortunately typical of the standard across scotland. Thought you were lucky to be leaving kirkcaldy with 3 points.

Game should have been dead and buried, until you scored, didnt think we were in trouble at all. Agree with the referee, Keatings got taken out twice with shocking tackles and ref did nothing. Think I seen he is a new ref?

Hes just as bad the old ones then :lol: . If we had better quality of final ball, we would have created a few better chances, the goal was a momentum shifter, mind you, cummings had a chance to pick us off at the end as well, but given our second our performance second half it would have been harsh

Game should have been dead and buried, until you scored, didnt think we were in trouble at all. Agree with the referee, Keatings got taken out twice with shocking tackles and ref did nothing. Think I seen he is a new ref?

dead and buried,when?

Hibs the better team in the first half,but raith much the better team in the second half and deserved at least a point

ref salmond who is anything but a new ref was fukin awful who heavily favoured Hibs and turned down a stonewall penalty for raith at 2-1 and possibly another one,his assistant nearest the railway was equally as bad

ref salmond who is anything but a new ref was fukin awful who heavily favoured Hibs and turned down a stonewall penalty for raith at 2-1 and possibly another one,his assistant nearest the railway was equally as bad

Shoosht! The roasters on Hibs.Clique will have nothing to get up on their high horse about if they read this. They'll only be able to moan about the number of penaltys Hearts and The Rangers get

The way I see it it's a must win game for hibs but not for rangers if we want to create a title race which will determine how both teams set out as hibs need to go for it.

I hope it's a good game with the good guys winning 2-1.

Edited by tartanhibee

Probably the best time for Hibs to play Rangers tbh.

Saying that I thought the same before the 6-2 game.

I can't comment on today's game as yet but certainly the reports suggest that St Mirren were very unlucky not to come away with anything. Hibs caused us problems at Ibrox, and are on a decent run just now, so I doubt they will have anything to fear coming into the game. As has been mentioned already, it's a match they really must win.

I can't comment on today's game as yet but certainly the reports suggest that St Mirren were very unlucky not to come away with anything. Hibs caused us problems at Ibrox, and are on a decent run just now, so I doubt they will have anything to fear coming into the game. As has been mentioned already, it's a match they really must win.

St Mirren pressed very high today. They deserved something.