Bosnia In Playoff - Page 7 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Bosnia In Playoff

Dillinger

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You probably need a lot of that to numb yourself enough to watch the garbage that Martin O'Neil calls football.

We play the same garbage and don't qualify. That's the difference. If we're saying we would rather not qualify playing like that then we are delusional.

fact is we are at rock bottom and now contemplating doing the same again; Same system, same players and changing nothing when we have absolutely nothing to lose in terms of going lower down the world football order and disappointing our own fans so we may aswell try something new and blood new YOUNG (Not 25/26 year olds who are run of the mill anyway) players for a change.

quite right. we were fkkin shyte again and that's what we are and what our bottle's like when it comes to these things.

Even at home to Georgia we were lucky to score our goal.

I pray we avoid Georgia in all future draws as well as i hope we fkin improve..

will be supporting ireland in the final.

the draw is on the 12th December so lets see how many home nation teams are drawn together.

Scotland's overall strategy should be..... don't get drawn ever again with fkkin Georgia! We struggled to beat them at home both in 2007 and 2014!

Give us France any day of the week!

Yes we struggled to beat Georgia in 2007 but are you serious about the 2014 game? Did you watch that game? Yes the goal was fortunate but we were much better than Georgia at Ibrox and deserved to win by at least 3 goals.

It may be an unfancied team again. Like Denmark then Greece in the past. Hope it isnae Poland. I fancy Belgium - may have a few quid on if price is ok.

Not sure if you're saying Belgium are an unfancied team or not-they're no. 1 in the World rankings.

Amoungst all the doom and gloom I would tend to agree with you. I think the quality or competitvness of our group for me has been highlighted by some of the play offs so far. Bosnia tonight were shocking as were Norway over their two games and Slovenia on Saturday.

Norway played brilliantly against Hungary in the first leg-they just couldn't score! Something like 23 attempts and 15 corners IIRC.

Trouble is we're going into the next campaign with virtually the same group of players (already quoted by strachan) who from what we've seen are totally inconsistent with their form over two years. There is no evidence to suggest there are new players ready to come in and enhance the squad and that we will be able to finish in the top 2.

When will Snodgrass be back? Stuart Armstrong is ready to make the step-up I reckon.

We play the same garbage and don't qualify. That's the difference. If we're saying we would rather not qualify playing like that then we are delusional.

fact is we are at rock bottom and now contemplating doing the same again; Same system, same players and changing nothing when we have absolutely nothing to lose in terms of going lower down the world football order and disappointing our own fans so we may aswell try something new and blood new YOUNG (Not 25/26 year olds who are run of the mill anyway) players for a change.

WTF gives you the right to tell people they are delusional because they don't share your opinion.

I have already stated that I'd have zero interest in watching a Scotland team play the way Ireland do. Whether it resulted in qualification or not is immaterial as I'd have no interest anyway.

That doesn't make me delusional.

WTF gives you the right to tell people they are delusional because they don't share your opinion.

I have already stated that I'd have zero interest in watching a Scotland team play the way Ireland do. Whether it resulted in qualification or not is immaterial as I'd have no interest anyway.

That doesn't make me delusional.

My opinion is that if we are saying we would rather not qualify by playing like that we are delusional.

Fully read a statement first and then comment. This is also my opinion, which according to your post above, I should be entitled to.

Not sure if you're saying Belgium are an unfancied team or not-they're no. 1 in the World rankings.

Did not mean to suggest Belgium were unfancied but did not realise they were ranked 1 either. Just had a quick look and 10/1 Betfred so I will have some of that after checking other firms. Not saying they are best team in tourney either but worth a financial interest IMO. That is why bookies drive big cars and no doubt somreone will remind me that Wales beat them.

Did not mean to suggest Belgium were unfancied but did not realise they were ranked 1 either. Just had a quick look and 10/1 Betfred so I will have some of that after checking other firms. Not saying they are best team in tourney either but worth a financial interest IMO. That is why bookies drive big cars and no doubt somreone will remind me that Wales beat them.

correct me if I am wrong, but they have never won anything, they have no tradition. I fancy Germany, you never know what you will get with French at home though... I am not sure where Spain are in the rebuilding process...

Edited by coybig2015