Bosnia In Playoff - Page 4 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Bosnia In Playoff

Dillinger

Dont want Ireland to win as I live in Dublin and cant be bothered listening to their nonsense for the next couple of weeks and during the tournament.

However there is no denying that they deserve to be in the playoffs over us due to results against Germany (even if their anti-football style is honking and players are a gang of nobodies)

Exactly sweetheart.

A gang of nobodies that 4 points off the world champions.

But to be fair you lot have the moral victory award in 'taking the game to Germany' and coming out with 0 points. I know what I'd rather have.

The fact our simplistic route one winner against Germany sickens the begrudgers on here is even more sweet.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@ Doric

The song goes "fcuk off tartan army,we're gonna have a party,we're gonna qualify"

Cheers to the lads for the good wishes on here and as for the begrudgers "get it up ye" :)

Hah, fair play.

(ye bawbag ye :P)

Exactly sweetheart.

A gang of nobodies that 4 points off the world champions.

But to be fair you lot have the moral victory award in 'taking the game to Germany' and coming out with 0 points. I know what I'd rather have.

The fact our simplistic route one winner against Germany sickens the begrudgers on here is even more sweet.

Think Ireland will make it now. Can't seeing them it up in Dublin tomorrow night. Will just put the tin lid on it. The fact that the two Irelands, England and Wales will be in France and we are sitting at home watching the party will be too much to bear.

All our own fault though. No point in sneering at the Irish with their long ball tactics. They pulled big results out the bag when it mattered. We fell short.

Makes that ' off James McCarthy, Scotland's having a party' chant all the more pathetic and stupid.

Not really sure what approach Ireland will take as Bosnia still have to score. He'll probably keep it tight and it'll be a cagey 90 minutes. Need to tighten up down the left as Bosnia exposed us a good bit the other night.

Bosnia are much better on the ball than our lot.

Still a 50/50 tie imo.

Edited by irish

Bottom line is Ireland and Scotland are pretty similar in terms of ability. Scotland played very well in Germany but going toe to toe with a much better side will generally not work in your favour. I'd rather us keep it tight and make ourselves hard to beat. That said we were blessed with luck at home to Germany and they'd have put us away the other 9 times out of ten.

I was surprised at the negative reation on RTE after we won a tough game away to Georgia as they're a tough nut to crack in their own place. As you know yourselves the heat at night was unbearable in September.

Personally I don't think Scotland would have done much better on Friday night tbh.

Edited by irish

will be supporting ireland in the final.

the draw is on the 12th December so lets see how many home nation teams are drawn together.

Scotland's overall strategy should be..... don't get drawn ever again with fkkin Georgia! We struggled to beat them at home both in 2007 and 2014!

Give us France any day of the week!

Edited by bonny78

Scotland's overall strategy should be..... don't get drawn ever again with fkkin Georgia! We struggled to beat them at home both in 2007 and 2014!

i'm with you there bonny mate... team talk "right boys we've gone through the shape, roles, positions now lets just hope its not georgia out there when we get on the pitch!"

Edited by LewisEDI

Personally I don't think Scotland would have done much better on Friday night tbh.

I'd agree with that. I watched the game the other night because I was intirgued to see what Bosnia would have been like for us... Neither team impressed to be honest, but that's because you could barely make out which team was which with the fog.... Most entertaining Irish performance I've seen for a while!

i'm with you there bonny mate... team talk "right boys we've gone through the shape, roles, positions now lets just hope its not georgia out there when we get on the pitch!"

yup i'd be up for that.

we should storm he draw if we get them so that is redrawn. i'll get a penis shaped drone to fly around the room and it will be a security risk