What If We Are Out ? - Gibraltar v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

What If We Are Out ?

Doric

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What would you expect us to do?

Have a few solemn drinks with my calamari pre-match. Silence on bus up to stadium. 90 mins of wallowing while grudgingly singing the defeatest durge 'We'll support you evermore'. Silence back on bus to Faro. One drink then bed?

No, I'll be treating it like any other game, and having a laugh with mates and enjoying the time away from work, while hopefully watching something experimental from Strachan.

If that offends some folk, then tough titties.

Could very easily have cut my loses after the Belarus game in 2005 (and did come very close to when I got home that night), yet probably one of the best trips ever came out of it a few days later in Slovenia.

Scotland are going to win comfortably in Faro, so even if we are out, think it will still be a great trip :ok:

Could very easily have cut my loses after the Belarus game in 2005 (and did come very close to when I got home that night), yet probably one of the best trips ever came out of it a few days later in Slovenia.

Scotland are going to win comfortably in Faro, so even if we are out, think it will still be a great trip :ok:

Went to Croatia after we were out and it was the best away trip ever.

Edited by vienna2008

Have a few solemn drinks with my calamari pre-match. Silence on bus up to stadium. 90 mins of wallowing while grudgingly singing the defeatest durge 'We'll support you evermore'. Silence back on bus to Faro. One drink then bed?

No, I'll be treating it like any other game, and having a laugh with mates and enjoying the time away from work, while hopefully watching something experimental from Strachan.

Here, I'll end up doing the same as yourself no doubt.

It's just the " it, still have a party" thing - it reeks of "our teams shite - but Hey!! at least we're the greatest the fans on the planet! :) !"

I'm not as young as I once was and yet have never been over to see Scotland in the finals of a tournament (only watched a few on the telly in my relative youth) - something that irks me greatly. Like most people when the tournament was expanded to 24 teams, I had Euro 2016 down as ending our barren run. To see us cock it up (granted we had a tougher group than we might have wished for) will leave me feeling pretty hollow and gutted.

I'm sure you know the point I'm trying to make

If we are already out it will take some convincing to be dragged away from the all inclusive in albufeira.

Hopefully we're not out! A win against the poles and Faro will be bouncing! If we are out then the Albufeira bar crawl sounds good to me!

But we wont be...we'll beat Poland and be buzzing...

same here :ok:

Went to Croatia after we were out and it was the best away trip ever.

Agreed! Croatia was brilliant and top of my list also :ok:

It's almost certain we'll know whether we're through or not before the game. Only question is whether we have one ear on the Poland Ireland score.

According tae my maths IF we beat Poland and Ireland dinnae beat Germany then a win in Faro guarantees us the play off spot irregardless o the result in Warsaw. Hope that's how it goes but if we're oot by the time we go tae Faro then so be it, just party on anyway!

There will be loads of bars in Albufeira showing the game on the Thursday night and you should find plenty of bars doing 1 Euro a pint.

You've got all day to 'recce' the area.

We arrive in Alvor on the Thursday morning and will watch the game in a bar there on the Thurs night.

According tae my maths IF we beat Poland and Ireland dinnae beat Germany then a win in Faro guarantees us the play off spot irregardless o the result in Warsaw. Hope that's how it goes but if we're oot by the time we go tae Faro then so be it, just party on anyway!

Correct. If we get 6 points and Germany beat Ireland we are guaranteed the play off spot.

If Poland beat Ireland or they draw Poland go through in 2nd place

If Ireland beat Poland they go through in 2nd place and we go through on better H2H

A draw with Poland is enough if Germany & Poland both beat Ireland. Again we would go through on better H2H