Harvesting - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Harvesting

RETRO

With the on going saga aboot points, can't get on the points ladder blah blah blah. Me & the mate are 9 & 7 pointers. We're taking the wife's for their 1st away trip so bought 4 tickets fer the Gibraltar end above the Scotland fans so we can sit together, so in affect we will have 2 spare SSC tickets. I said this to the mate at work & straight away he called me a harvester. Even though we got enough tickets to go round all members,the question is, am I now classed as a harvester (the lowest of the low in some guys eyes) according to ma work mate?

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With the on going saga aboot points, can't get on the points ladder blah blah blah. Me & the mate are 9 & 7 pointers. We're taking the wife's for their 1st away trip so bought 4 tickets fer the Gibraltar end above the Scotland fans so we can sit together, so in affect we will have 2 spare SSC tickets. I said this to the mate at work & straight away he called me a harvester. Even though we got enough tickets to go round all members,the question is, am I now classed as a harvester (the lowest of the low in some guys eyes) according to ma work mate?

Unacceptable behaviour. Bringing the Wife along is the beginning of the end.

I don't think you are. When demand outweighs the amount of tickets and you are stopping someone getting a ticket then you are. This game where everyone who wanted got one, na I don't think you are.

You are if you don't go to the game but in this case not.

Unacceptable behaviour. Bringing the Wife along is the beginning of the end.

After the pash I have put her through the last 20 years following Scotland she deserves a week's holiday. Of course me & ma mate have booked an apartment together the wife's have got theirs. Feck I'm no that daft ???

I don't think you are. When demand outweighs the amount of tickets and you are stopping someone getting a ticket then you are. This game where everyone who wanted got one, na I don't think you are.

This is what I thought, should know better than listen to a so called work mate ?

If you are a harvester. What is the difference with the people that go to away games and end up

to pissed to make the game or are that pissed when they are there that they don't remember the game.

Because they have spent their hard earned cash with every intention of going to the game...

They deserve the point a lot more than the arm chair supporter who "harvested"

If you are a harvester. What is the difference with the people that go to away games and end up

to pissed to make the game or are that pissed when they are there that they don't remember the game.

that must be doon tae the individuals prerogative it's their money alot o folk probably don't remember the game but I don't think there will be that many that don't actually go

Here is my definition of a harvester:

Someone who purchases a ticket directly from the SFA, with the sole purpose of gaining an SSC away point; and who has no intention of attending the game itself. In addition to this, anyone who can no longer attend the match, has ample time and opportunity (i.e. they are not ill, or going through a life changing event) to return the ticket to the SSC and deliberately chooses not to.